Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Jelly Belly jelly beans sued - who knew they had sugar?

Jelly Belly jelly beans sued - who knew they had sugar?

I thought they were like Jack's Magic Beans and were a natural legume...

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/20...ain-sugar.html

Re: Jelly Belly jelly beans sued - who knew they had sugar?

I don't know what's more entertaining, that Jelly Belly is trying to market a "sports bean" as some kind of healthy thing or Gatorade type thing, or that people are fooled by it to think they aren't just balls of condensed sugar.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I immediately looked at the venue, and saw California, and thought, "of course. Those are Coastie's peeps."

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I don't know what's more entertaining, that Jelly Belly is trying to market a "sports bean" as some kind of healthy thing or Gatorade type thing, or that people are fooled by it to think they aren't just balls of condensed sugar.
    31178013.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I immediately looked at the venue, and saw California, and thought, "of course. Those are Coastie's peeps."
    Pretty much even Cali law isn't that crazy, I expect this will get tossed pretty quickly. While hiding table sugar under the name evaporated cane juice is a tad shady, it is a far distance from malevolent. Plus as mentioned, it is isn't like they somehow omitted or misconstrued the nutrition label in the process.

I think "shady" is probably the way to put it. Right up there with "high fructose corn syrup", but it does tell you the sugars right there on the breakdown label, so it's easy enough to know what it has in it.

Sounds like they may have a case though based on FDA regs. And in truth I'm sure it fools some people b/c there are a lot of very fool-able people out there.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Rupp's Runt

Oh for cryin' out loud........what kind of a person can you be if you don't like jelly beans? Geez! That's almost as bad as saying you don't like apple pie. Who doesn't like apple pie?
    MOLON LABE!