Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Too late to ask for this year....laptop "hood?"

I've been to the SEC baseball tournament before where games are, obviously, played outdoors (at least at the Hoover Met), and many of them during the daytime.

Hence, there is a glare issue if you have a laptop and you're either outdoors, or next to the window (where I like to be), which is open so you can feel, taste, smell, and see the ballpark.

I have seen "hoods" for laptops before, but not sure where they got them. I think I received one as a "swag" gift from a bowl game once, but I don't know where it is.

I generally use a 12" Surface Pro so I'd need a hood sufficient for that to block the sun and allow me to see.

Anybody know where you can get these? My first choice would be local -- Best Buy, Target, Walmart, Wolf Camera--so I might be able to pick it up today before heading to the ballpark. Second choice would be Amazon--and maybe I'd have it in a couple of days and Kentucky would be playing this weekend.

Re: Too late to ask for this year....laptop "hood?"

Ahh....I think I have a solution, never mind.

Not going to be IKEA, but here's an IDEA storage box hack that will work with a Walmart storage box.

http://lifehacker.com/use-an-ikea-bo...r-u-1706052882

My setup. Cost $5.67.

That's not a great pic of the laptop in the folding fabric storage container, but it's fantastic.

This gives a better look.

Do you watch the game standing up?

Hard to complain about the effectiveness or the price, but it is a bit to tall for my liking. I do realize it was a spur of the moment , had to have something purchase, but are you gonna stay with this long term or look for something designed to do the job?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Good solution. I was going to suggest something from the fine people at Glad or Hefty, combined with a coat hanger from the press room closet.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Do you watch the game standing up?

Hard to complain about the effectiveness or the price, but it is a bit to tall for my liking. I do realize it was a spur of the moment , had to have something purchase, but are you gonna stay with this long term or look for something designed to do the job?
    It's really not that tall. If that were a standard size laptop it would barely clear it. I think it looks bigger because the surface pro is a tablet masquerading as a laptop.

But for it, sure if I find a smaller one I'll use it. For $5+, it's a throwaway if that happens. Even as cheap as I am .

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Good solution. I was going to suggest something from the fine people at Glad or Hefty, combined with a coat hanger from the press room closet.
    When the rain hit, I was really glad I had it in a box, rather than the outside of the tablet being exposed. That's a benefit I didn't even contemplate.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    It's really not that tall. If that were a standard size laptop it would barely clear it. I think it looks bigger because the surface pro is a tablet masquerading as a laptop.

But for it, sure if I find a smaller one I'll use it. For $5+, it's a throwaway if that happens. Even as cheap as I am .
    Maybe it is that tall. As I think of how I used it today, I really occupied 2 spaces and rotated to type. Otherwise I watched the game and took pics to the side of it.

Ignore my messy desk, but here is my game day solution today.

Would not work for a laptop, but picked up a half size box, and for the Surface Pro tablet, if I don't mind pushing the sides out, it works great.

Pack of two - $3.88.

Guess who hasn't needed one since last year's SEC tournament?

Guess who couldn't find his solution from last year? Guess who didn't think to look until last night?

Yep, me.

I bought another half-box size, but this one is larger. It actually sticks up maybe 3-4" above the top of the screen. If I sit upright, it doesn't interfere with my view, but if I slouch a little, it can block first base.

@#%@#%@. I'll have to look for another that fits better and this time keep it in my "media bag." Oh well.

Today's setup.