Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Some of you guys are really good at finding things on the internet

...here's one of interest to me that I can't find. I didn't spend a ton of time on it, but enough I should've run across it.

There is an article -- I think it was a Sports Illustrated article, but could have been some other national publication at the time -- that was published in the 1990s. It was on the internet; I've seen it here multiple times.

The article was a ranking of the top 100 college basketball programs of all-time.

It had special interest to me, because Northeast Louisiana University (now Louisiana Monroe, ULM) was on it. Not only were they on it, they were ahead of Florida; I think by 1 spot, but ahead of them.

At that time, NLU had only 1 losing season in 30-something years of basketball, and had been to the NCAA tournament 6-8 times, with a string of 3 or 4 in a row, or 4 or so in 6 years, or something like that. Florida had Lon Kruger to thank for a Final Four, but no history at all before then to speak of until Billy Donovan arrived in the mid-90s.

Anybody find that article, I'll give you a high five and major kudos.

NOTE: It is NOT the article about the AP all-time Top 100 college basketball programs. It was an objective/subjective type ranking.

Re: Some of you guys are really good at finding things on the internet

Remember, this is an old article. Unfortunately, you'll find a bunch of more recent ones.

Sorry :/ I tried “Sports Illustrated Vault top 100 college basketball teams of all time.” Lots of stuff but nothing that sounded like what you’re looking for.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

I'm wondering if it wasn't Sports Illustrated. I'm perplexed.

I appreciate your effort and the help.

"Year top NCAA basketball teams of all time" was the search parameter. I Started the search with the year 1990 and continued on thru 2002. CBS sports produced the most results followed by ESPN, and SI yielded a goose egg. Most lists had the top 100 with a few coming in at 25 or 50 teams. I searched each one for the team you are looking for but did not get a hit.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I appreciate it, Dan. I searched my email, I made a couple of futile searches here on the board. I'm really irritated at myself that I didn't save it somewhere I could find it.

You made a great effort. I thank you for it.