Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Why having a college degree doesn't impress me

Campus Reform video where they interview college students about policies and actions of the "first 100 days". They get outrage from them about how awful it is b/c they think they are Trump's policies. But they asked about the policies and actions of the 1st 100 days of OBAMA.

They hated those policies when they thought it was Trump doing the apology tour, etc., comparing him to Nazi Germany, etc.

People are generally sheep, not really looking around to question and form their own views, but IMO college campuses, once a place where people were taught to do that, have become the biggest sheep shepherding operation in human history. There's less free and introspective reasoning on campuses than there is in any breakroom at a factory with a bunch of welders and part fitters, the stereotypic non-college world. Give me those guys and gals any day, people who haven't had mommy and daddy pay for everything since they were born.

People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: Why having a college degree doesn't impress me

I liked the second guy with the Russian sickle and hammer on his shirt. And the third lady talking about what Trump has done that is anti planned parenthood. He hasn't done anything that is anti PP, dumbass
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

What is funny is that most of these nitwits don't realize is that Trump was a registered democrat for most of his adult life. He's not a conservative per se...

Rupp's Runt
    I work at a college. Very unimpressed with a college degree.....

No offense to anyone here in education

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    I work at a college. Very unimpressed with a college degree.....

No offense to anyone here in education

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    My views aren't directed at anyone in education. I've done a fair amount of time in school and had a number of great professors and advisors.

But I felt this way all through school. there were people who got the same degree I did who I thought were just amazingly smart and reasoned, and there were others who I wouldn't trust to get across a busy street on their own.

it seems to only be getting worse, but maybe it's really just the same. It was always left leaning on campus too, full of people who thought it was sophisticated and smart and edgy to hate America, wear Che Guevarra T-shirts and expound on the proletariat and social justice while sitting in a dorm room paid for by mummy and daddy, but if it isn't any worse it surely isn't any better.

I do have an ax to grind with the large number of professors who I knew who had the common sense of a shoelace. I had a lot of great ones, but boy there were some dim bulbs on that payroll too. They believe all that pseudo-intellectual crap and teach it to the kids, and none of them ever learn a thing.

But this video shows just how much they are being sheep. They just know the catch phrases, the rallying cries, but they don't really pay actual attention to current events or really investigate the underlying principles or economics of anything they believe. They believe it b/c it's the hip and cool and accepted thing to do, not b/c they actually thought about it.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    My views aren't directed at anyone in education.
    Mine was but not at anyone here

We still have some really great instructors, but man I hate the direction that we seem to be going.
    Last edited by KentuckyWildcat; 04-30-2017 at 03:18 PM.

Unforgettable

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Mine was but not at anyone here

We still have some really great instructors, but man I hate the direction that we seem to be going.
    A liberal college professor is a problem whether they are here or elsewhere

The movie PCU was prophetic in a lot of ways.

(Plus it has early Jeremy Piven, early Jon Favreau and George Clinton.)
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    The movie PCU was prophetic in a lot of ways.

(Plus it has early Jeremy Piven, early Jon Favreau and George Clinton.)
    Yes it was. It really nailed the culture very well, and as you said had George Clinton in it.

In the name of tolerance and understanding and broadening it seems people have in fact resorted to increasingly levels of blind tribalism. Would be fascinating and funny if it wasn't so sad.

OK, colleges should just be disbanded. They're now just holding us back as a nation and species:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/...-our-kids.html