Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

O'Reilly out at Fox

Tucker Carlson taking over his slot, The Five moves from 5 to 9:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/19/b...ions.html?_r=0
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Re: O'Reilly out at Fox

Fox is a bit late in doing this but but better late than never. I am not sure if they stood by him because they thought the allegations were untrue or if they did it for the bottom line. Either way I am glad he is gone. I never liked him nor respected him
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 04-19-2017 at 04:38 PM.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I had no ax with him either way, but I don't get how you have that kind of money and fame and think it's OK to harass women or otherwise behave in such a way. Power corrupts, the very core of human nature.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Unforgettable

I never liked him, arrogant prick but loved many of his guests plus a Waters World. I don't respect any of the women who have do sued Fox or any of the men. As long as they got what they wanted they were fine. Lose a show claim harassment. They were nothing more than job whores

Good riddance

Rupp's Runt

Liked his show a lot more than I liked him. I always have fairly mixed feelings on these situations.

Jazy, Waters is growing on me.

Rupp's Runt

O'Reilly is okay, but he was too liberal on a lot of issues for my liking. And I don't care what anyone says, he is an Obama and Hillary lover. O'Reilly is entirely too sympathetic towards those two Communist losers.

What in the hell is going on at Fox right now? Or is all this is is just a "changing of the guard"?
    MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    I never liked him, arrogant prick but loved many of his guests plus a Waters World. I don't respect any of the women who have do sued Fox or any of the men. As long as they got what they wanted they were fine. Lose a show claim harassment. They were nothing more than job whores

Good riddance

I'm the same way about O'Reilly. I watch to see Dennis Miller and Jesse Watters ....and TOLERATE O'Reilly. I mean he is so about himself. He is actually thinks he is funny.

This isn't the first time he has had such issues. Most folks learn things the first time but I guess he isn't as smart as he says he is. As for Tucker taking his place...what a dick. I can't stand to listen to that putz. He interrupts more than O'Reilly, something I didn't think possible. Plus he is as condescending as they come. When it comes to that he is worse than the She-man over on CNN (Rachel Maddow).
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Rupp's Runt

And I'm glad that Megyn Kelly is gone too. As soon as she had her own show she showed her true colors. And Shepard Smith really needs to go as well.

I've said this before, but sometime around the general election of 2012 something changed at Fox, and it wasn't for the good.
    MOLON LABE!

I suspect these women will get together and write a book titled "Killing O'Reilly" and make a move called "Kill Bill Vol 3"
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I'd like to see Dana Perino take over the show. She would be MUCH better than Carlson. That guy is nothing but a frat twerp.

He is a prick. Talked over the top of guests routinely. Now he is in the "No spin zone"......

Don't watch Carlson but if he is worse than Maddow, then I am very glad I have not. I thought she was the absolute worst on TV
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I'd like to see Dana Perino take over the show. She would be MUCH better than Carlson. That guy is nothing but a frat twerp.
    I really like her, too. If you listen to podcasts she and Chris Stirewalt do a weekly show called "I'll Tell You What" that's entertaining. They talk politics but keep it light and talk about other stuff, too. They had a TV show for the last few weeks leading up to the election, and I'd like to see them get another shot.

As for O'Reilly: I always thought of him as a demagogue and a bully and never really took him or his show seriously. I remember when he did "Inside Edition" and I always thought he would do anything for a buck.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

IMO his premise was sound: get these guys and gals on there with their constant spin and don't let them get away with it. It has reached absurd proportions in politics, where no matter what the other side does or how clear the facts may be both sides just get on there and distort things beyond proportion.

That is sorely needed, for these people to be backed up and nailed down, on both sides.

But it seems to have gotten to this point of just talking over and firing back, which is the old school CNN thing that everyone got so tired of seeing. It went so far the other way that he was taking over the point to make his point, not just stopping people when their point became spin.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Sounds like I'm in the minority but I really like Carlson. I love that he is condescending towards and practically laughs at the liberal idiots that come on his show. He's much nicer to people who act like the have sense.

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKERCATFAN View Post
    Sounds like I'm in the minority but I really like Carlson. I love that he is condescending towards and practically laughs at the liberal idiots that come on his show. He's much nicer to people who act like the have sense.
    I like his overall stance, b/c his main career track has been calling out the self-absorbed echo chamber that is the Beltway and the DC/New York corridor. He sees it for what it is, a lot of people with a lot of "book learnin'" and an almost complete lack of common sense or perspective on the life of most Americans.

I think he is probably cutting people off too quick rather than steering them into hanging themselves with their own rope, bc I've noted several guests where if he'd led them a bit and let them talk they would likely talk themselves off a cliff, but I like that he's focused on things I think need attention.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    IMO his premise was sound: get these guys and gals on there with their constant spin and don't let them get away with it. It has reached absurd proportions in politics, where no matter what the other side does or how clear the facts may be both sides just get on there and distort things beyond proportion. .
    That is so true. Can we have an honest discourse?

I kinda wish that if politicians go on tv they are required to have electrodes place on them. When they refuse to answer a direct question ZAPP!! Right where it hurts

I actually thhave no shock therapy is the only way for these people to be dorc dnginanswe a yes no question

^Unfortunately I think we're in an era where "honest discourse" just doesn't attract ratings. Whether it's the polarization of America, the 24-hour news cycle, social media "hot takes" or some combination of the 3, a show like Bill Buckley's "Firing Line" just doesn't cut it anymore. Very sad--or as Trump would tweet, "Sad!".
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 04-21-2017 at 08:51 AM.