Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Chuck Barris dead

Chuck Barris dead

Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Wow. It's funny, when I saw that Chuck Berry died the other day, I immediately thought of Chuck Barris before realizing I was thinking of the wrong person.

Re: Chuck Barris dead

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Wow. It's funny, when I saw that Chuck Berry died the other day, I immediately thought of Chuck Barris before realizing I was thinking of the wrong person.
    Elvis Presley and Elvis Costello are also different people.

Just trying to anticipate your next bout of confusion, lol.

Anyone see that film that Clooney made about Barris, and the rumors that he was secretly doing "work for the government", all while producing The Dating Game and The Gong Show?

The title is escaping me at this moment, but I found it to be a pretty good movie, mostly because of the idea being strangely intriguing.
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

Okay, I remembered the Barris film made by George Clooney... "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind"... check it out if you are so inclined...

here is the IMDB page for the film...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0270288/

Maybe now we'll finally find out whether he was a CIA assassin.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Rupp's Runt
    At first I wondered if I read the thread title wrong or not. Then I was wondering if Chuck Berry was still alive. I'm glad someone else was confused.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    At first I wondered if I read the thread title wrong or not. Then I was wondering if Chuck Berry was still alive. I'm glad someone else was confused.
    As was mentioned in the Chuck Berry thread, he will never die, in a sense, due to his music being the only definitive rock and roll included on Voyager I, which is "now" outside of our Solar System, effectively, which means Voyager is likely going to outlast Planet Earth, which means, if ever discovered by intelligent life forms, he will be listened to for, possibly, BILLIONS of years.

I doubt Gene Gene the Dancing Machine can live up to that, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post

As was mentioned in the Chuck Berry thread, he will never die, in a sense, due to his music being the only definitive rock and roll included on Voyager I, which is "now" outside of our Solar System, effectively, which means Voyager is likely going to outlast Planet Earth, which means, if ever discovered by intelligent life forms, he will be listened to for, possibly, BILLIONS of years.

I doubt Gene Gene the Dancing Machine can live up to that, lol.
    I just hope they don't like him so much they come here to take over and have us listen to his music as we strip mine or planet for our new overlords.

Wow this thread has taken a turn.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Maybe now we'll finally find out whether he was a CIA assassin.
    I assume that's where the unknown comic idea came from, one of his cia disguises.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I just hope they don't like him so much they come here to take over and have us listen to his music as we strip mine or planet for our new overlords.

Wow this thread has taken a turn.
    OOPS, was I supposed to be more somber?

!!!!!GONG!!!!!

FWIW, Hawking is down with your Alien Doomism... and I get it, meaning the most foolish notion is imagining that we can effectively imagine-- AT ALL --what might happen if ACTUAL contact with ETI were to occur, thus we categorize general scenarios (e.g. as if ranging from War of the Worlds types to Contact types, perhaps?), make extraordinarily bad movies about "outer space" over and over again, and we attempt to deny the ultimate difficulty for contact to even happen... AT ALL.

I ain't a skeert of no aliens... IMO, if they're smart, they could give a spit about us.

Chuck Barris dead

Not a good week to have the initials CB with the first name being Chuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Not a good week to have the initials CB with the first name being Chuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is kinda weird that Chuck berry and Chuck Barris both died within a week of each other.