Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Chuck Berry dead at 90

Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Re: Chuck Berry dead at 90

Is there a better opening to a song than the guitar opening to "Johnny B. Goode"? What a great--and inspired so many other greats. RIP.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Of the most famous rock n rollers from the 50's, Berry is FAR AND AWAY the most important, the TRUE King of Rock and Roll, if you like.

Elvis is not even in the rear view mirror in that conversation. Berry's songwriting history, his openness beyond blues and r&b to accept other influences, and last but not least, THAT SOUND, the sound he made with his guitar, THAT style, has been easily the most influential sound in rock history.

Again, it's not even close (even if neither he OR the uber-arrogant Sam Phillips had jack NOTHIN' to do with the actual CREATION of Rock and Roll, as a form of popular music).

I would say it's just my opinion, but it's not. It's the truth and has been for decades.

"Hail Hail Rock n Roll"

All hail... the King is dead.
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

My brother had some of his stuff on 45's. Chubbie Checkers, Fats Dominoe... All good.

Feeling nostalgic, I remembered this: (different genre, same era) Lyrics but there's a link to hear it.

http://www.songlyrics.com/homer-and-...amonga-lyrics/
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Chuck Berry dead at 90

Riding along in his calaboose...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Berry's "Johnny B. Goode" is the only rock-and-roll song included on Voyagers Golden Record. That says it all.

The father of R&R..

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain