Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Mark Stoops Era Begins

Re: The Mark Stoops Era Begins

If most of what I have read in the past few weeks has any truth in it, Gruden is not interested in coaching in college.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Gruden offically turned down UT last week, they did in fact meet but no deal was reached.

Report that ticket request for next season has soared since the announcement...GREAT news if true

Surely, some reporter will file an open records request to ensure the veracity of these reports, because we need to know.

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) -- Just days after UK announced Mark Stoops would be the Wildcats' next football coach many fans are already making plans to be at Commonwealth Stadium next season.

We're told hundreds of people have called the UK athletics ticket office this week wanting to buy football tickets. But those who work there say that's a good problem to have.

Mark Stoops, the defensive coordinator at Florida State, is officially coming to UK as the football team's head coach.
    UK officials tell us that news single handedly caused ticket sales to spike the day the announcement was made.

Since then, thousands of phone calls have been pouring in, people wanting to buy tickets, renew their season tickets, or to just get more.

"Usually there's some enthusiasm when hiring a new coach," said Tony Neely, UK athletics media relations director. "But in my 19 years I've been here, this is definitely the most off the charts we've had in terms of fans being excited about the new coach being announced."

UK officials at the ticket office tell WKYT they typically wait until February to renew season tickets, but because of the demand, they are already fulfilling those requests for the 2013 UK football season.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/home/headli...181608871.html

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelSteve View Post
    LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) -- Just days after UK announced Mark Stoops would be the Wildcats' next football coach many fans are already making plans to be at Commonwealth Stadium next season.

We're told hundreds of people have called the UK athletics ticket office this week wanting to buy football tickets. But those who work there say that's a good problem to have.

Mark Stoops, the defensive coordinator at Florida State, is officially coming to UK as the football team's head coach.
    UK officials tell us that news single handedly caused ticket sales to spike the day the announcement was made.

Since then, thousands of phone calls have been pouring in, people wanting to buy tickets, renew their season tickets, or to just get more.

"Usually there's some enthusiasm when hiring a new coach," said Tony Neely, UK athletics media relations director. "But in my 19 years I've been here, this is definitely the most off the charts we've had in terms of fans being excited about the new coach being announced."

UK officials at the ticket office tell WKYT they typically wait until February to renew season tickets, but because of the demand, they are already fulfilling those requests for the 2013 UK football season.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/home/headli...181608871.html
    I hope that the people that bailed out and are now returning lose their priority points and have to start over at zero points. It would sure stink for those of us that hung in there to get lesser seats to a bowl game.

Also there is a rumor that FSU DE Coach DJ Eliot is already out recruiting for UK...there is your DC...was a GA on the 2002 Miami Fiesta Bowl team

http://www.seminoles.com/sports/m-fo...liot_dj00.html

Tim Couch seems pretty happy. Other past players voiced satisfaction, as well. Seems the talk of player dissatisfaction was not universal.

Put 100 people in a room and there is no way they would all agree on many things.

The level of dissatisfaction from former players of the previous situation is not a rumor. Many of the players are happy with the new hire, but are withholding full support until they see if the administration follows thru with their promises.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

The coach search was criticized as inept. That was wrong and clearly not a shared feeling. Being ignorant about a process is acceptable. Criticizing what you do not know is petty.

The sycophants of negativity have lost this round. That is a good thing.

UT media outlets are saying that UT interviewed with OSU HC Mike Gundy yesterday. BTW if you wonder why I hear so much about UT it is because I live on the kentucky/Ewtee border and alot fo the sports talk radio I have to listen to is out of Nashville. Plus have to deal with alot of UT fans, not so many UL fans but a ton of UT fans.

Another site said the expect UT to interview Strong (which it claimed occurred), Fisher, and Gundy. I do not think Charlie is their first choice.

JV Team

Does anybody know if DJ Eliot is coaching in the bowl game? Plus, if Neal Brown wasn't talked to today, you can bet he will before this week is up. I really like the Stoops hire.

Rupp's Runt

If what I read somewhere is true, I am really impressed with Stoops in that he approached MB about the Kentucky job, and that he presented a detailed plan to MB to raise Kentucky football up from the grave of the forgotten dead.
    These two JUCO signings today don't hurt the cause either.
    I am still in the "wait-n-see what happens" side of the room, but I like what Coach Stoops & staff have managed to do up to this point.
    If successful in the short term, I hope that Coach Stoops will seriously consider staying with Kentucky and building his very own legacy and Kentucky football into a consistent SEC championship contender.
    I realize that's reaching pretty far out there, but it's what Kentucky football needs, what Kentucky football fans long for & hope for, and I hope it is what Coach Stoops wants to accomplish at Kentucky.

Sun, i think if Stoops turns this thing around he will be here for a long time. He will be treated like a rock star. Remember he wanted this job and Mitch has shown he will open up the check book.

Rupp's Runt

I hope we're both right about that truecatsfan. Time will tell.

Nice to read the title of this thread.

Jaleel -UK Commit- ‏@TheRealLeel_9

If you dont think Uk not gonna have a top 25 recruiting class in the next couple weeks....just wait