Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another decision Mitch deserves credit for...(sarcasm alert)

Re: Another decision Mitch deserves credit for...(sarcasm alert)

Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeCatFan View Post
    I understand the concept that the AD is in charge of the Athletic Department, thus is responsible for anything that happens - but where in that article does it state/imply that this was Barnhart's decision or directive? This just seems like a witchhunt / pile-on.
    In a way I agree that it could be seen that way. Currently though I view it as people looking for more evidence of MB's seemingly lack of competence to bolster the argument for his dismissal or transfer to AD of non revenue sports. When trying to compile evidence to support a view here on the message boards it is rare to see the opposite side of an issue. I am not sure it could be called piling on though. I do not think people are making these comments and bringing the information here just to take shots at MB. There is a level of concern among fans about the AD that has not been seen in a while and the support for his dismissal is growing daily, so I think it is natural to want to talk about what is happening with the program and his lack of effort to correct the issues.

If MB does good things and they are reported in the media he will get kudos for that, but that is not currently happening as, well, I do not know of anything to report that is vitally important to the program that would make him look better in the eyes of the fans
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I would venture a guess and say they need this data for record keeping and balancing the books, therefore they probably changed the name of the compartment that this data goes into. This would still give them the data they need and technically would not be lying as it pertains to the record request. Either way, it would still be a thumb of the nose by the AD's office.

Nobody really cared when CWS was full and they were counting popcorn venders and what not. Now it's a big deal that they aren't giving out or even counting the correct number of actual fans in the seats. As far as balancing the books the only number that matters is the number of tickets sold whether they were used or not. This decision for all we know could have come from the very top and Mitch had no choice but to go along with it. We will probably never know that one.

I like Mitch but I have one leg outside of the boat, a good hire will put both feet back in the boat. I agree with him on the microwave society, people want things NOW not tomorrow. As for fans with an agenda sure there are you can go to any message board for just about any school and there are people that post the same thing over and over . There was one poster on the old old site a couple years ago that posted over and over about how Morgan Newton should have been starting over Mike Hartline, he really knew what he was talking about.

Message boards are for opinions and that's mine. Blast away, LOL

(edit) Message boards are also for spreading information obtained from your cousins sisters boyfriends barber that once cut Cliff Hagens hair.
    Last edited by fastkat; 11-26-2012 at 06:06 PM.