Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Kent State in the BCS?

Kent State in the BCS?

Kent is 17th in the BCS poll. The top non-AQ conference champion gets an automatic bid if they are ranked in the top 12 or the top 16 and ahead of an AQ conference champion. That will be Kent if they win Friday. Above them is #16 UCLA and below them are the entire Big East. So if Stanford beats UCLA I would imagine Kent would jump them to #16 and get an automatic BCS bid.

After getting trounced by lowly Kentucky.
    Last edited by SalsaKat; 11-25-2012 at 08:09 PM.
    Follow my insane ramblings on UK sports and this crazy world we live in: @UKSalsaKat

Re: Kent State in the BCS?

Actually Cincy and Uconn both have chances as well at that BCS bid. Just UL and Rutgers are ranked higher right now. If UL beats Rutgers it is everyone for themselves in the Big East.

Edited for updated standings.
    Follow my insane ramblings on UK sports and this crazy world we live in: @UKSalsaKat

It's hard to believe that Kent is higher in the BCS standings than a team like Boise (or Texas or Michigan or Northern Illinois for that matter). They have only one loss, but it's to UK by 33 points. It just goes to show how screwed up the BCS thing is.

Of course that loss to UK came before UK knew how bad they were.
    changing my signature to change our luck.