Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Is Trump lucky or good?

Is Trump lucky or good?

I keep wondering if some of what he does that looks like political suicide, or at least a self inflicted wound, is in fact an intentional strategy.

For example, he puts out the travel ban/moratorium, and while that's a white hot issue he puts out his SCOTUS pick. I don't know if it's just that Trump is a guy who is just going to be always doing 30 things at once, and not really thinking about the interactions, or if he intentionally is putting so much out there so fast that there's simply no way to laser in on more than a couple of things and mount an opposition politically and socially.

So while everyone is all over the visa issue, the GOP is in the Senate working on the Gorsuch nomination with little news coverage, and without the constant news cycle of smears that started with the Bork nomination. The GOP can focus on those 10 at risk Senators, and while no doubt liberal groups will also target them, there won't be the big national wash job smear campaign like it would be if the visa thing weren't in the forefront.

Not to mention all the other stuff out there like the order to start the wall, etc.

IMO it's some of both. He's no fool, he did win the Presidency in pretty stunning fashion, but he's also clearly impatient and a hard charger in every way. So it to me is some of both, but it will have the benefit of always keeping the opposition on defense. And by opposition I mean the Democrats, the liberal groups and the bureaucracy in Washington that in no way wants their little swimming pool to be drained.

The test will be how much of it gets actually done. we'll know in 4-6 months how the approach is working.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: Is Trump lucky or good?

My answer is yes.

I do not know that he is a strategist of confusion, but it is working out that way. In this case, I think he just had so many things he wanted to do and time enough to make a plan for doing those things that he could not wait to get them all done ASAP, and by doing so, he has caused havoc for the opposition, including the media.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Forgive me if I give him too little credit, but I don't see it. If there's a short term benefit to be gained through confusion, I don't think it will be a sustainable platform.

Whatever works. I don't care if we have a Bobblehead doll in the White House if it leads to good economics, foreign policy, and internal domestic policies that calm the nation.

Darrell I think if he gets credit for it it's more for his mastery of media and his reality TV experience than it may be some Machiavellian ability to manage. More PT Barnum than clever politician.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Product of Trump being a workaholic. He is always going to be dealing with multiple issues at once, it is who he is.

Rupp's Runt

We've never seen anything even remotely close to what we're seeing with this President. And for now the jury is out simply because 1) he's not been in office even a month yet, so there's no track record to see, and 2) he's not a politician, so he doesn't fit in that mold, and whatever we see is surely going to make people shake their heads in wonder or amazement because he isn't a politician.
    He has everybody guessing what his next move is going to be. And when he does anything it usually ticks off a lot of the regular political establishment because he believes in getting stuff done, and not taping it to death for six months before making a move.
    I am kind of liking this. It's certainly different, and very much needed, IMHO.
    MOLON LABE!