Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Deja vu

Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Re: Deja vu

YouTube

Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

reading the comments, its a verbal game of twister with gymnastics to differentiate Clinton from Trump. According to many, they are totally different. Trump only wants to expel "Mexican's" (of course the current hub-bub is over refugees from 7 countries identified by Obama--but lets ignore that). Clinton never said "rapist" (but then why would he, he could be referring to himself).
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I will say I'm not a fan of executive orders. I didn't like them when Obama did them and don't when Trump does them either. IMO that isn't how our gov't was meant to work. I bitched about all the crap the left pulled when they had the ability to do so and I won't be a hypocrit and support when the GOP does the same.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I will say I'm not a fan of executive orders. I didn't like them when Obama did them and don't when Trump does them either. IMO that isn't how our gov't was meant to work. I bitched about all the crap the left pulled when they had the ability to do so and I won't be a hypocrit and support when the GOP does the same.
    The bulk of Trump's EOs have been used to void Obama's EOs. In regards to refugees that is all based on executive authority.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    The bulk of Trump's EOs have been used to void Obama's EOs. In regards to refugees that is all based on executive authority.

The immigration reset was done as an EO. That was not to void Obama's Executive Orders. My preference would have been it implemented using normal procedures. I do understand though the urgency that may be inferred hence the bypassing normal procedures. However, for appearance sakes, I wish he had included congress. I got sick of "King Obama" doing as he damn well pleased with an end run around congress, and really don't want to trade one king for another.

The immigration reset was done as an EO. That was not to void Obama's Executive Orders. My preference would have been it implemented using normal procedures. I do understand though the urgency that may be inferred hence the bypassing normal procedures. However, for appearance sakes, I wish he had included congress. I got sick of "King Obama" doing as he damn well pleased with an end run around congress, and really don't want to trade one king for another.
    Refugees are under the direct purview of the executive branch, so an EO is the normal procedure in that instance. The State Department, which is part of the executive branch controls the flow of refugees.

In this case I have no issues b/c the proper procedure is the EO. The law says the president can determine for national security reasons to restrict immigration for those who are a detriment to the nation, and he's right within the law on this one.

The Congress has deferred much to much of its responsibility to the administrative bureaucracy, and that's the crux of the problem here, but Obama more than once reached beyond that, and Trump may as well, but this one is on very solid ground and was approved by Congress.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.