Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rupp's Runt

Re: My Current gun wish list

I have been seriously looking at a Century Arms RAS-47, which is an American made version of the AK-47. Been checking some reviews, and it gets decent ratings overall, although there are some negative reviews too.
    Both Sportsman's Guide & Rural King have them on sale for very, very good prices right now during the holidays.
    I am also considering going to the gun show in Ft. Myers at the Civic Center today too.
    Lots of good holiday sales going on right now.

I'm going to add a Remington 1911 R1 to my collection. I don't have one, always wanted one and it's Christmas time for me

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    I have been seriously looking at a Century Arms RAS-47, which is an American made version of the AK-47. Been checking some reviews, and it gets decent ratings overall, although there are some negative reviews too.
    Both Sportsman's Guide & Rural King have them on sale for very, very good prices right now during the holidays.
    I am also considering going to the gun show in Ft. Myers at the Civic Center today too.
    Lots of good holiday sales going on right now.
    Now is a good time to buy semi-automatic sporting rifles. I saw a new AR-15 priced at $399 at the area gunshow last weekend. Unlike the cheaper DPMS rifles this one had the forward assist and the dust cover. They had an AR in 7.62x39 for $499, love to add that one to my closet. The 7.62x39 has more knockdown power than the 5.56 round.

Rupp's Runt

Well folks, I went to the gun show over in Ft. Myers yesterday, and aside from some good prices on some Ruger AR-15's, I was extremely disappointed in the prices I saw.
    I saw a Norinco AK-47 priced at almost $1100. I saw another AK-47 priced at over $1400, and I didn't even bother to pick it up to see who made it.
    I had intentions of buying a Ruger LC9s for my beautiful bride, but they were priced almost $80 more than the last time I looked at them.
    Is there something going on that I am not aware of? Now, I understand that gun show prices are going to be a little higher than shop prices, but I was kind of taken aback by the much higher sales prices. AND.......many times you can negotiate a better price, but not yesterday in Ft. Myers.
    I think I may not go to many more fun shows if this is a new trend.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    I'm going to add a Remington 1911 R1 to my collection. I don't have one, always wanted one and it's Christmas time for me
    I have not actually seen one that I can recall, but almost all of the reviews I have read about them were favorable.

Well folks, I went to the gun show over in Ft. Myers yesterday, and aside from some good prices on some Ruger AR-15's, I was extremely disappointed in the prices I saw.
    I saw a Norinco AK-47 priced at almost $1100. I saw another AK-47 priced at over $1400, and I didn't even bother to pick it up to see who made it.
    I had intentions of buying a Ruger LC9s for my beautiful bride, but they were priced almost $80 more than the last time I looked at them.
    Is there something going on that I am not aware of? Now, I understand that gun show prices are going to be a little higher than shop prices, but I was kind of taken aback by the much higher sales prices. AND.......many times you can negotiate a better price, but not yesterday in Ft. Myers.
    I think I may not go to many more fun shows if this is a new trend.
    ARs are much better deals than AKs anymore, lots of imports have been shutdown.

The LC9 is pretty popular right now, people like the compact size. Guns shows typically price at the high end. I always say a gun show gives you a good idea how much not to pay for a new firearm, but there are always exceptions.

Here is a good place to get the LC9. The charge a flat $10 to ship to one of their local Rural King store if the local store doesn't have one in stock: https://www.rkguns.com/ruger-lc9-9mm...stol-3235.html

Rupp's Runt

Thanks, Keith. That is a decent price on that LC9. And you're right, gun shows are a good place to find out what not to end up paying for a firearm.

Rupp's Runt

My brand new, in the box, American-made Century Arms RAS-47 came in on Saturday. All I can say is.........SWEET!
    Been looking at ammo prices for it, thinking I'm gonna bust a move and feed it now. 1000 rounds of Wolf is only a bit over $220, so I think I may go with that.
    Does anybody here have one of these rifles, and if so, what can you tell me about them outside of being American-made?

American Rifleman ran a nice review of the RAS47 when they first came out: https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...as47-ak-rifle/

Here is a good link I found for ammo pricing: https://www.wikiarms.com/group/7.62x39

Eventually bought a very lightly used Kimber .38 -- .357 revolver, hammerless. Did not get it for my (soon to be ex) wife. Got it as a carry for snakes when fishing or hiking. .38 snake loads and a couple of .38s makes a nice little "I'm out camping and sufficiently armed" pocket pistol.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Eventually bought a very lightly used Kimber .38 -- .357 revolver, hammerless. Did not get it for my (soon to be ex) wife. Got it as a carry for snakes when fishing or hiking. .38 snake loads and a couple of .38s makes a nice little "I'm out camping and sufficiently armed" pocket pistol.
    I shot a water moccasin last night. My wife had just come home from church and darn near stepped on it. My son came running in to tell me, so I grabbed my snake gun and dispatched it. It wasn't even a foot long, so I know it was a juvenile and probably still not able to regulate its venom yet. If that thing had gotten my wife she'd have ended up in the hospital and been really, really sick. If it had gotten any of my dogs they would have been dead inside of 10 minutes.
    I don't play with any of those pit vipers.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    American Rifleman ran a nice review of the RAS47 when they first came out: https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...as47-ak-rifle/

Here is a good link I found for ammo pricing: https://www.wikiarms.com/group/7.62x39
    Thank you, KeithKSR! I appreciate ya!

I shot a water moccasin last night. My wife had just come home from church and darn near stepped on it. My son came running in to tell me, so I grabbed my snake gun and dispatched it. It wasn't even a foot long, so I know it was a juvenile and probably still not able to regulate its venom yet. If that thing had gotten my wife she'd have ended up in the hospital and been really, really sick. If it had gotten any of my dogs they would have been dead inside of 10 minutes.
    I don't play with any of those pit vipers.
    Sat in a chair this summer, out on the Madison river, under a big juniper tree. Kept thinking, as I dozed in the morning sun, "sheesh, the bugs are really buzzy here". The gals got up to make breakfast and I moved over to one of the other lawn chairs as the one I was sitting on was one of those really low to the ground ones.

My little dog ran right over to where I had been sitting and then jumped straight up and back in a wild Jack Russell style move, and I saw why. Two feet from the armrest of the chair I just was sitting in was a coiled, angry, buzzing rust colored rattlesnake.

So I didnt have a pistol with me but one of the ladies had a nine shot .22 saturday night special with no snake loads. We didnt have an oar or a spade--just a little folding shovel. I could not get close enough with the shovel and my one illegal shot in the campground missed. (yeah, I missed). All the floated in rafts and tubes going by a few feet away argued against emptying the cylinder, as low as my confidence was in that pistol. I then tried to whack the snake with a tire iron. Chased it into the river and under the tree. The camp host came over and said, "oh yeah there's a den of rattlesnakes under that juniper. But we can't have you shooting in the campground.

He Did loan me a spade. But I drove into shedhorn sports in Ennis and got some snake loads for that .22. Then went out and got me this little Kimber. We had three dogs and a four year old boy all over that river bank. Won't get fooled again.

For snakeshot I prefer a .38 or more, just to get the job fully done. I have 22 snakeshot around, but I trust the .38 loads more.

Not that it comes up for me. The only snakes I run into in my day to day world I'm not allowed to shoot at all or the police show up.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Rupp's Runt

I have the CC I Speer .38 special snake shot in my snake gun. As CBBN stated above, they are very lethal.

Rupp's Runt

Goodness, bigsky! It sounds like all of you were that close to that snake, but thankfully none of you were bitten. Wow! Kinda like Momma practically stepping on that moccasin.

Kimber has three chambers of that exact round. Have no idea why I wasnt bitten. Dog and 4yr old too.

I have the CC I Speer .38 special snake shot in my snake gun. As CBBN stated above, they are very lethal.
    What I have as well. Don't carry it but have it in stock.

Sold some .44 Spl snake shot that I sold too. the 38 works, no idea what a 44 would do.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

My Current gun wish list

Not a gun, but ordered an IWB "sticky holster" yesterday for my compact 45. Intrigued by the thought of no loops or clips and still having it held in place. They claim you can even jog with it.

I wanted something that I could leave in the car in case I wanted to change from pocket carry to IWB during the day, and for traveling in the car. They even make a mountable version you could stick under the steering column or side or under your console, etc. but that wasn't what I was thinking.

Price is really good at 29.99, and if you are like me and don't mind a cosmetic blemish, can get one for $15 if they have your size in Stock in the clearance section.

The biggest downside is that if you unholster your weapon, you will have to reholster by removing the holster from your waist first, reholster, then place back in your waist.

Good review here on this world's most comfortable IWB holster.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...icky-holsters/

Their website:

https://stickyholsters.com/

I may get another for my 38...

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    What I have as well. Don't carry it but have it in stock.

Sold some .44 Spl snake shot that I sold too. the 38 works, no idea what a 44 would do.
    #6 12 gauge buckshot will make their heads evaporate.

Rupp's Runt

😉

I'm betting the 44 is closer to a 410 than it is to anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I'm betting the 44 is closer to a 410 than it is to anything else.
    Yep, .410 to .44. The 12 gauge sure makes an impact, and is much more common than the .44.

I would love to have that .45 Gold Cup with the .22 and .45 barrels back. I was stupid to trade it!!! Best shooting handgun I ever owned!