Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Schumer may have cooked his goose

Schumer may have cooked his goose

Reports coming out today that he promised that if they pushed back the CIA director hearings 1 day that Schumer would let him be included on the Day One voice vote for confirmations.

He didn't do that today, and I have seen reports that his response wasn't that it was a misunderstanding but that he was speaking in his personal capacity and not as minority leader.

Guys, that's a very, very, deeply big deal. the Senate is an odd bird. These guys and gals lie and obfuscate as politicians every day, but there is a strict adherence to the Senate making deals and everyone being taken at their word and backing it up. If you strike a bargain you live by it, period.

If Chuck Schumer really did just flat lie on something this relatively minor (they have no real way to stop the confirmation, only slow it down), it will really undermine the system in the Senate.

It won't undo him with the Dems, but it will create serious divisions even between members that are otherwise more amicable.

Going to be a very interesting 4 years. It's never been this bitter, and apparently it will strain even the Senate's very long history of how to conduct business.

No one has been beaten with a cane just yet, but it sure feels like it's out there in the wind.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: Schumer may have cooked his goose

Is remind Schumer that a vote on funding for his iconic sanctuary city will be coming soon.....