Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Ashley Judd at Women's March today

Ashley Judd at Women's March today

I have lost complete respect for her. Stay out of Rupp and away from UK games where you can get your face on TV only. I was not a huge Trump fan per se, but some of these celebrities looking to just get their face back on TV need to go away and give the man a chance. For those that didn't vote for Obama, they had to give him 8 years of "chance". Does she or Madonna even know what they were marching for? Madonna said she has been thinking of blowing up the White House. Really? This is sick!

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/ashley...on-washington/

Peace

Richard (CW)

Re: Ashley Judd at Women's March today

Quote Originally Posted by Carolinawildcats View Post
    I have lost complete respect for her. Stay out of Rupp and away from UK games where you can get your face on TV only. I was not a huge Trump fan per se, but some of these celebrities looking to just get their face back on TV need to go away and give the man a chance. For those that didn't vote for Obama, they had to give him 8 years of "chance". Does she or Madonna even know what they were marching for? Madonna said she has been thinking of blowing up the White House. Really? This is sick!

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/ashley...on-washington/

Peace

Richard (CW)
    Stating you are thinking about blowing up the White House would get most people into deep trouble.

I have no particular ax to grind with Ashley, but I'm not fooled either. She's just another uber-leftist Hollywood elitist who basically looks down on the views of a whole lot of Americans.

Doesn't make her a bad person, but I do disagree with her on pretty much everything the believes, and there is NO DOUBT that despite being from this area she is deeply Leftist.

The only issue I have is the one I have with all of them: stop acting like we give a crap what you think or that you have some special insight on political economy or morality b/c you are an actor or singer. It actually gives you less insight.

I'm just sick of being talked down to like a "deplorable" b/c I "cling to my guns and religion", and make no doubt she's in that crowd. My beliefs are absolutely backed up by empirical evidence and logical supposition and are every bit as intellectually legitimate as any on the Left. From Adam Smith and John Locke to Milton Friedman and George Gilder I'm happy to lay out how belief in individualism and self reliance and limited government is vastly superior economically, ideologically and morally to the hollow promises of the nanny state and victim society.

So stop acting like you are superior in any way b/c you are in the movies or sell tickets to sing. You're free to believe in liberalism,it has its arguments and thinkers as well, but stop acting like you're BETTER THAN ME b/c you believe in it.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Stating you are thinking about blowing up the White House would get most people into deep trouble.
    You'd certainly get a visit from the Secret Service, and rightly so.

Honestly as a public figure to say such a thing is nearly an incitement to violence. I wonder where the media is to condemn this near call to violence when they were so very worried about Trump stirring people to violence.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

There is some good news from these kinds of displays though. It means she's as likely to run for or win a political office in Kentucky as I am to become mayor of San Francisco.

She's a feminatzi, can't stand her

I don't care that she's leftist. As long as she doesn't pull a Madonna and threaten to blow up the White House, she can have whatever political belief she wants. I'll argue with her position more on the Chick-fil-a promotion than who should be President.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I don't care that she's leftist. As long as she doesn't pull a Madonna and threaten to blow up the White House, she can have whatever political belief she wants. I'll argue with her position more on the Chick-fil-a promotion than who should be President.
    I for sure dont' care that she's in a different camp. As I said the whole group of which she is a part seems to project this sense that they have the corner on morality and compassion, and that frosts me, but otherwise she's surely entitled to her views.

BTW, I have the same problem with the far right, which is less vocal than it was in the 80s but I didn't care for Falwell and Swaggart lecturing me any more than Madonna and Streep. Talk to me, argue with me, but don't act like you're having to talk slower to explain to me, or that I'm morally failing b/c I disagree.

But I agree she's not anything close to Madonna's level of behavior. That goes past politics and into the realm of insanity and today possible criminality.

What really is mind blowing to me is that several hundred thousand women in this country are willing to get out and protest Trumps sins (so called or other), but then they get a piece of trash like Madonna to be their spokesperson! The irony in that is mind boggling!

Quote Originally Posted by DanISSELisdaman View Post
    What really is mind blowing to me is that several hundred thousand women in this country are willing to get out and protest Trumps sins (so called or other), but then they get a piece of trash like Madonna to be their spokesperson! The irony in that is mind boggling!
    And Michael Moore among others. Surely you can find some women who deserve respect and can formulate an actual policy thought and let them be your leaders.

What I don't get is how you protest the policies of a President who hasn't actually made any policy yet. it's all part of the strategy of vilifying anyone on the conservative side. If you don't agree you're a racist, sexist homophobe.

Like today there were people there protesting Trump's stance on LGBT issues. Has trump said one thing that is "anti-gay"? yet somehow b/c he's against illegal immigration he must be racist, and if he's racist then he must be a homophobe too.

I'll give them he's said some very misogynistic things, the leaked tape stuff obviously, so I get that, but policy wise he's done nothing nor proposed anything that is "anti woman" or "anti LGBTQSKZLEKA###!#@#". He was the first GOP candidate in forever to go to black communities and reach out, and his inauguration speech specifically mentioned the plight of minorities in inner cities, yet he's still racist, sexist and a homophobe.

it would be funny if it weren't so patently predictable. Ironically these same people would be aghast at the Puritanical practices of old, yet they brand everyone they can find who dissents with their own scarlet letter. It's actually a bunch of them, but you get them all when you get one.

Madonna is a piece of trash. Horrible choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Madonna is a piece of trash. Horrible choice.
    Or a great choice if you're the opposition.

Really, she does completely undermine their ability to attract supporters. It fires up the hardcore base to have someone rant and say such things, but it alienates the people you have to have to grow your cause.

This same march excluded a group that wanted to come that was women but pro-life. the numbers clearly show that women aren't some mindless group who all vote for women or all agree on these issues. This march was the leftist women's march but they won't attract moderate or independent women when the speeches talk about blowing things up or orally gratifying people to get their votes.

that last one may attract some men, but probably not any that leave their parent's home long enough to vote.

Yes, abortion is legal, but that does not change the fact that it is a heinous evil. And because it is a heinous evil, despite the law, there is still a whisper of something, a sense, an instinct, an innate understanding that Lena Dunham even hears and feels herself. It’s this nagging voice that says to the most avid pro-abort, to every woman who has killed her child no matter how deep her denial, to every sentient human being: “This is wrong. This is shameful. This is murder.”
    This is what the pro-abortion camp calls “stigma.” They blame it on society. They blame it on the Patriarchy. They blame it on pro-lifers. But those are ridiculous cop outs and they know it. Conservatives and pro-lifers do not have nearly enough influence to create a culture that stigmatizes anything. I wish we did. But those days are long gone, and now a woman who supports abortion, or who has had an abortion, can carry on with her life and almost entirely avoid anyone who might so much as suggest that child murder is an ill advised practice.
    Almost everything she encounters will either be neutral on the abortion question or actively reinforce what she already believes about it. If she turns on the TV, unless she flips over to EWTN, she will find countless examples of the media and Hollywood trying very hard to normalize and “de-stigmatize” abortion. It’s so common now that Salon was able to compile a list of the “Top 10 abortion moments” on TV this year.
    If a woman feels a “stigma” about abortion, then, where is it coming from? Not from our culture, clearly, so where? Answer: her conscience. This “stigma” is not the work of conservatives or Republicans or society, but of God. What they call a “stigma” is really their soul speaking to them and telling them: “This is wrong. This is shameful. This is murder.”
    It’s really for their own sake — only secondarily for the sake of their movement — that they do battle with that voice. When a woman “shouts her abortion,” she’s not shouting at us. She’s shouting at herself to drown out her conscience. When Lena Dunham complains of a “stigma,” she’s really complaining about the existence of the ingrained Natural Law which gives all human beings an innate understanding of right and wrong.
    — Matt Walsh - The Blaze (via mother-child-life)
    Source: mother-child-life
    154 notes
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Ashley

What a piece of ****. Liberal bitch Hey president Trump for four years get over it I hope y'all boo her if she's in Rupp

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Re: Ashley😥

There are one way flights out of this country every day for her and any like her.

Folks need to do as I do; boycott their movies. Haven't paid to see one in 7 years

Darryl

Barber Shop for this please. Thank you.
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

Has she done anything noteworthy in the last 7 years? I've enjoyed her work in the past but then again very few movies have appealed to me during that time. Good story-telling and character development seems to be lacking for some time now.

Darryl u r the man

Krank, I'm trying to move this thread but it's been so long I seem to have forgotten how.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    You'd certainly get a visit from the Secret Service, and rightly so.

Honestly as a public figure to say such a thing is nearly an incitement to violence. I wonder where the media is to condemn this near call to violence when they were so very worried about Trump stirring people to violence.
    Yes, when I heard her say this it brought recollections of during the campaign when Trump was talking about the second ammendment and how Hillary wanted to do away with it, and Trump suggested that gun owners will do whatever needed to stop her from doing so. Automatically it was taken as threat towards Hillary and everybody was up in arms (no pun intended), the media jumped all over it. Here somebody suggests "blowing up the White House" and its no big deal.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Yes, when I heard her say this it brought recollections of during the campaign when Trump was talking about the second ammendment and how Hillary wanted to do away with it, and Trump suggested that gun owners will do whatever needed to stop her from doing so. Automatically it was taken as threat towards Hillary and everybody was up in arms (no pun intended), the media jumped all over it. Here somebody suggests "blowing up the White House" and its no big deal.
    there was that blow up and then several other times when it was claimed Trump was riling up people who would turn violent.

I esp. love how his not signing off on the legitimacy of the election was doing it, and how that would lead to violence and the end of democracy. Of course it ended up Hillary and the Left not respecting it as legitimate, which led to violent protests, but no outrage from that same media when it was their side.

And it is "their side",which is the problem with the media. They are overwhelmingly leftist, and are nothing more than a mouthpiece for their side now.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    Krank, I'm trying to move this thread but it's been so long I seem to have forgotten how.
    Thanks so much, badrose.

Hopefully others who think spouting their politics all over the sports board is okey-doke will, at least, ATTEMPT to remember that it doesn't belong there in the future... but I doubt it.
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

She lost me when she insisted on a bunch of comfort animals in the cabin of an airliner. Fine that she's a fan. She is a perfect example of her political ideology, exhibit A. Entitled, self absorbed, intolerant of every point of view but her own.

For you Star Trek fans, he is a funny spoof

Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.