Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car welcome message

Re: Car welcome message

Quote Originally Posted by ukcatlvr View Post
    My dream is to have one of these, Shelby, or the Boss within the next year. I prefer Blue, Gray or Black tho.
    The Shelby will peel the skin off your body. The new Boss has the sync package, not sure I could live without it. Don't discount the 5.0 GT either. Hauls a$$. The GT is rated 412 but dynos at 430 consistently. The latest Boss 302 uses the same Coyote engine and dynos out 460, Ford advertises 440. So about 30 hp difference between them.

The difference between the Boss 302 and GT in handling is not huge but there is an improvement. The bigger improvement from what I've seen is to the Leguna Seca model. The suspension is better in both though. I wonder if it's the same suspension they have on the GT Brembo package but have no idea. Ford Racing offers a package for the GT that I bet is the stock Boss suspension.

In the time trials on a lap I've seen the boss is about 2 seconds faster than the GT but has better handling and feel. Haven't seen the new GT500 650hp numbers, figure a couple of seconds I suppose but you start losing gains just b/c of being able to keep it on the track. Quarter mile the Boss is not too much faster than the GT, I've seen less than a tenth. Of course drag isn't the same as road handling. The Boss will be tighter no doubt, and she's sure slick looking. I presume the new 500 has to rip the thing to shreds.

If I were choosing from scratch it would be between the GT and Boss, money being the deciding factor, if I'm willing to step up to the Boss. The Boss is the GT with the tune and suspension mods, but that's got a lot of appeal b/c coming stock they don't break the warranty.

Another good reason for Boss over GT500 is compatibility. The Boss is the Coyote engine and a GT with improvements so it will have lots more mod options and a lot more long term parts availability etc. I like something a little less specialized for maintenance reasons. Ford has committed to the Coyote engine in a big way, it should be around for quite a while. The 500 engine is much more limited production custom built. Makes me nervous but that's just me.

Sorry to babble. I just love the Mustangs.

Forgot to mention the Boss Trackey. I've read the warranty on the powertrain gets halved but the tune sure sounds awesome. Basically like the ones you can get from American Muscle but without voiding the warranty.

It comes from Ford Racing though and I've read some dealers have more warranty pickiness with their stuff than others. Just a fwiw but talk to your dealer IMO before putting the Trackey in the ignition.

Corvettes forever, y'all. Corvettes forever.

Thanks for the ideas, gentlemen...

One of my sons is all about muscle cars. Thankfully as a 19 yo college student, he can't afford one at the moment. (Thankfully because he'd kill himself in a wreck.) But I'm sure he'll eventually come rumbling up the driveway in one.