Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car welcome message

Car welcome message

So I bought a car today, a black Honda Civic LX Coupe. It borders on a mid-life crisis car, even though that's not why I got it. (If I decide I need one of those, it's going to be an early 70s Benz roadster.)

It has a customizable welcome message. The default "Welcome" seems a bit lame, since it can be personalized. "Let's go, dammit" has been suggested, and has some appeal, but I'm looking for other ideas.

Any suggestions?

Re: Car welcome message

Let's do this.

Seems appropriate and should not offend those of a more sensitive nature.

Oh, if you really go through a mid-life thing, get a 300 Convertible; it can be your Mid-Life Chrysler.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Mitch Barnhart still sucks..........Joker is a great guy.......... OK seriously....Let's have fun today..........Let these horses run......Where the women at.....OK i'll stop there.

Locked and Loaded
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I'd go with "GO CATS!" or something along those lines
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I'd go with "GO CATS!" or something along those lines

I like it. Go Cats, Go Big Blue, something like that.

Something in the HAL 9000 voice. Maybe Jerry Reed with "just put that hammer down and give it hell!" from Eastbound and Down.

Maybe KITT from Knight Rider? "I am the Knight Industries Three Thousand. You may call me "K.I.T.T.""

My god, in what world would a Honda anything qualify as a mid-life crisis car?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBrock View Post
    I've seen a few that were very very nice. Depends on how its equipped out. Some of those "rice burners" are pretty cool cars.

htup-1209-01-o+1994-honda-civic-DX+FAST-custom-front-air-dam.jpg

img_5368_2012-honda-civic-si-coupe-by-fox-marketing-at-2011-sema-show.jpg
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

this one is too large to put in the post so I'll link it

HERE

or

HERE

I'm an American Muscle guy, but some of the rice burners can haul butt.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I'm an American Muscle guy, but some of the rice burners can haul butt.
    Turbocharged cars have a lot of play in the computer. You can bump up output quite a bit with a simple chip tune. I've got about $1700 in my Mazdaspeed3 (cat-back exhaust, short-ram air intake, and an ECU tuner) and she's probably making a bit over 300 hp at the flywheel. I need to get it on a dyno and get official numbers, but I can tell you she's fast.

Btw, Doc posted some "neat" cars (I wouldn't be caught dead in any of them), but none of those are cars you can go to the dealer and buy.

BBB if you happen to be in Richmond at a stop light, you look over and see a red Trans Am with a super chicken on the hood, just smile and nod. 1,100 horse power at the rear wheels, and fully street legal. That is a muscle car.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

1100 horsepower!? Man, that's gotta have some kind of beefy rear end!

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    BBB if you happen to be in Richmond at a stop light, you look over and see a red Trans Am with a super chicken on the hood, just smile and nod. 1,100 horse power at the rear wheels, and fully street legal. That is a muscle car.
    I no longer like you.

BBB -- When it falls off warranty I will maybe get it tuned. Even the moderate ones will add 30 hp to the wheels. Can go crazy and tune it for racing fuel 100 octane. lol. Some of the cat backs will add 20, CAI another 10. My dealer is OK w the CAI and catback but the tune would break the warranty.

With unlimited funds of course you can just go buy whatever power you want, but my lottery tickets aren't doing so good.

Turbocharged cars have a lot of play in the computer. You can bump up output quite a bit with a simple chip tune. I've got about $1700 in my Mazdaspeed3 (cat-back exhaust, short-ram air intake, and an ECU tuner) and she's probably making a bit over 300 hp at the flywheel. I need to get it on a dyno and get official numbers, but I can tell you she's fast.

Btw, Doc posted some "neat" cars (I wouldn't be caught dead in any of them), but none of those are cars you can go to the dealer and buy.
    He didn't say he bought it from a dealer. Still, you can get some pretty beefed up vehicles off the lot. Best bang for the buck would be this one, off the lot (My brother just sold one recently, new off the lot from a dealer)

2012-ford-mustang-shelby-_600x0w.jpg

That is sick.
    What year model and what mods have you done?
    My cousin Wil would tear me a new one for not finding out; the original Poncho fan.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

I no longer like you.

BBB -- When it falls off warranty I will maybe get it tuned. Even the moderate ones will add 30 hp to the wheels. Can go crazy and tune it for racing fuel 100 octane. lol. Some of the cat backs will add 20, CAI another 10. My dealer is OK w the CAI and catback but the tune would break the warranty.

With unlimited funds of course you can just go buy whatever power you want, but my lottery tickets aren't doing so good.
    I got Cobb's Accessport Tuner for my Speed3. With just an intake, it's a 9% hp and 14% torque boost at the wheels. Once I can upgrade the HPFP internals, I can do a stage 2 tune which is a 33% hp and 40% torque bump. Might need to invest in some underbody and strut braces after that, though.

Working on my car myself has been one of the greatest personal joys of owning it.

Brock I'd really like to work on mine.

Doc, I love your taste. 5 ltr GT, Boss, GT500, all excellent choices.

Something in the HAL 9000 voice. Maybe Jerry Reed with "just put that hammer down and give it hell!" from Eastbound and Down.

Maybe KITT from Knight Rider? "I am the Knight Industries Three Thousand. You may call me "K.I.T.T.""
    Hal open the pod bay door. or you could go with the fading daisy -daisy ...
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Pappy it belongs to a friend of mine. I know a little about it like it burning E-85 for the octane boost, 2 electric fuel pumps, increasing the injector sizes, oh yeah I think it is one of the LS-2 series motors out of a Vette. Has a turbocharger and runs the boost air thru a water inner cooler. I think the turbo is a 4" intake and 3" outlet. Motor was taken apart and polished and balanced. I know it has a racing cam in it, but not a big one as it does not lope at idle.

I swear if you pull up and just look at it you think it is just a nice muscle car. A few months ago he won a competition going from 0 to 100 and back to 0 in 8.94 seconds. I am sure I can find out a lot more particulars if needed.
    seeya
    dan

1100 horsepower!? Man, that's gotta have some kind of beefy rear end!
    Yes it does, but he is working on his 3rd tranny. It is a 6 speed automatic, but that is all I know about that part.
    seeya
    dan

Now to the message.

Are we going somewhere or are you just here to admire my features?
    seeya
    dan

Yes it does, but he is working on his 3rd tranny. It is a 6 speed automatic, but that is all I know about that part.
    Surprised it doesn't shred anything you put in for gears short of duranium.

Slushboxes... /gag

Slushboxes... /gag
    I definitely wanted a manual. Just seems wrong to put an automatic in a muscle car, but I know a lot of people are real happy with them. that guy knows more about cars than I could learn in a lifetime so who am I to argue?

If it was a proper manual, it probably wouldn't eat transmissions - just clutches.

A S2000 would IMO.

As far as what to have it say...I'll quote Slim:

"What in the wide, wide, world of sports is goin' on round here?"

Fab Five

NM
    Last edited by MickintheHam; 11-27-2012 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    He didn't say he bought it from a dealer. Still, you can get some pretty beefed up vehicles off the lot. Best bang for the buck would be this one, off the lot (My brother just sold one recently, new off the lot from a dealer)

2012-ford-mustang-shelby-_600x0w.jpg
    My dream is to have one of these, Shelby, or the Boss within the next year. I prefer Blue, Gray or Black tho.