Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Game: When was the last time you...

I played UNO against my 7 year old niece last year, with her usual "make up the rules as we go" strategy.

When was the last time you got into a fistfight?

About 40 years ago at Ashland's Central Park. Was accused of assault and battery and my lawyer countered with terroristic threatening. They dropped the charges.

When was the last time you drove over 90 MPH?
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    About 40 years ago at Ashland's Central Park. Was accused of assault and battery and my lawyer countered with terroristic threatening. They dropped the charges.

When was the last time you drove over 90 MPH?
    About a month ago. I don't mean to, and I have a setting on a radar detector that tells me I'm over a limit when I go over 85, but I got caught passing a car, and it was (IMO) the safest thing to do to push ahead and move over, given traffic behind and other circumstances. I don't do it "normally."

I wanted to answer this one before CitizenBBN admitted to it in downtown Lexington. (And if you read this, you know you do.)

When was the last time you got on the roof of your house?

Game: When was the last time you...

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    About a month ago. I don't mean to, and I have a setting on a radar detector that tells me I'm over a limit when I go over 85, but I got caught passing a car, and it was (IMO) the safest thing to do to push ahead and move over, given traffic behind and other circumstances. I don't do it "normally."

I wanted to answer this one before CitizenBBN admitted to it in downtown Lexington. (And if you read this, you know you do.)

When was the last time you got on the roof of your house?
    New Year's Day to take down Christmas lights and clean the gutters for the third and last time.

I also would like to throw in a 90 mph answer... always on I-64 between Lexington and Louisville... doesn't everyone?

Anyway, when was the last time you ran through a sprinkler (on purpose)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Last summer, at an amusement/water park. That probably shouldn't count. You probably mean a lawn sprinkler. If that's the case, I'd have to say maybe four or five summers ago. We had one set up, and it seemed the thing to do at the time .

When was the last time you grilled outside?

I grilled outside back in December. Did a quick marinade for salmon filets in an Asian vinaigrette dressing I get at Trader Joe's, then about 5 minutes/side.

We're having a chili contest at work today, so let me ask: when was the last time you made chili? (And for bonus points, what's your basic recipe?)
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 01-26-2017 at 11:46 AM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Chili made a week ago yesterday, and you ain't getting my recipe, although I will tease with it is Texas style.

When was the last time you locked yourself out of your car?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Its probably been 30 years since I've locked myself out of my car. Learned that lesson pretty quickly. My wife on the other hand does it once or twice a year and just 3 or 4 months ago left her keys on the checkout belt at Kroger. The elderly lady behind her apparently thought they were here and even scanned her shopper's reward fob and took them home with her. We thought they were gone forever but she dropped them off after a couple of weeks.

When's the last time you made cornbread in an iron skillet?
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Is there another way to make cornbread?
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post

When's the last time you made cornbread in an iron skillet?
    Never have

When was the last time you attended a PROFESSIONAL sports event?
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I refuse to answer on the grounds that it may incriminate me. And incarcerate me. I'm not that bad, but if I get any extra money I'm going to get a custom tune, some lower control arms and a new exhaust and get another 50 or so horses out of her. Then I can take her to the drag strips and have some fun.

BTW I really like this game and want to play but I can't think of any good questions. I'll jump in if some come to me.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Never have

When was the last time you attended a PROFESSIONAL sports event?
    Off the top of my head, it was December 2014 at the Pelicans game in New Orleans. I've been to Team USA men and women soccer games since then, and they are paid, but I don't really think that is what you need here. No recent NFL games or PGA, which I usually manage to do semi-regularly, but not recently.

When is the last time you were in a car accident?

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I refuse to answer on the grounds that it may incriminate me. And incarcerate me. I'm not that bad, but if I get any extra money I'm going to get a custom tune, some lower control arms and a new exhaust and get another 50 or so horses out of her. Then I can take her to the drag strips and have some fun.

BTW I really like this game and want to play but I can't think of any good questions. I'll jump in if some come to me.
    Just answer a question and do what I do - just start the next question. By the time you type when, something will come to you. Mine are rather ordinary, but I enjoy hearing the answers.

Off the top of my head, it was December 2014 at the Pelicans game in New Orleans. I've been to Team USA men and women soccer games since then, and they are paid, but I don't really think that is what you need here. No recent NFL games or PGA, which I usually manage to do semi-regularly, but not recently.

When is the last time you were in a car accident?
    The day after Martin Luther King Day, 2013. I was driving to work and passing an on ramp when I suddenly felt something hit me in the right rear turning me out of control. I went off the right side of the road, overcorrected and somehow found myself perpendicular across 2 lanes of rush-hour traffic, but somehow no one else hit me. I was able to get my car off the road without further incident, but the other driver didn't stop. Very scary but thankfully not injured.

When was the last time you shot a basketball?
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post

December 21st 2016. I know because I messed up my back again. Started my recovery yesterday with 8 nerve blocks. It confirms that "burning the nerves" will work. So that happens in 2 procedures over the next 3 - 4 weeks.

When was the last time you travelled outside the North American continent?
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

December 21st 2016. I know because I messed up my back again. Started my recovery yesterday with 8 nerve blocks. It confirms that "burning the nerves" will work. So that happens in 2 procedures over the next 3 - 4 weeks.

When was the last time you travelled outside the North American continent?
    Since California seems like another planet to me, I'll say 2012. Truthfully I've only been out of the country once. Went to Cancun in 2006.

Hope your back gets better.

When was the last time you performed karaoke? What song or songs did you sing and were you too drunk to truly remember?

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKERCATFAN View Post

When was the last time you performed karaoke? What song or songs did you sing and were you too drunk to truly remember?
    My youngest brothers wedding, post rehearsal dinner party. The family sang Don McClain's "American Pie". He is now divorced (my brother, not Don McClain) and has a 16 year old kid so that tells you how long ago it was.

When was the last time you bought an album, tape or CD (not downloaded music but rather the actual physical thing the music was on)?

That is too big of a target. I generally shoot tennis balls and golf balls on a calm day
    seeya
    dan

When was the last time you bought an album, tape or CD (not downloaded music but rather the actual physical thing the music was on)?
    I bought a mint copy including jacket of Abbey Road 2 weeks ago at a yard sale

I made cornbread in a cast iron skillet this past weekend

When was the last time you sharpened you favorite knife, pocket, hunting, or kitchen using a stone?
    seeya
    dan

Nice Abbey Road pickup, Dan.

I bought a Benchmade knife second-hand about six months ago, and sent it back to the company for sharpening and a general tune-up (new clip, etc.). Big thumbs up to the company for that generous work.

But if you don't mean somebody else doing it (and for all I know, they use machines, anyway; I just trusted them to do it--especially since the blade is partially serrated), then I sharpened a Boker automatic knife via sharpening stone only about a year ago. I don't do it often. I like the looks of the Boker, and I "play" with it because it's a "switchblade" of sorts and makes me feel like I'm a tough guy.

[P.S.-Dan, I bet you hand-sharpened something more recently. If you get a chance, let me know.]

When was the last time you made an audio recording of something (not video on your TV)?

Yup. I use this Japanese double sided water stone. 1,000 grit and 6,000 grit on opposite sides. Then for the final finish a 10,000 grit diamond stone, made in America followed by a leather strop for a few licks to eliminate the last fine burs. I have been sharpening my knives since I was a youngin and can not stand to work with a dull one. Dull tools get one hurt while sharp ones rarely do. Downside to the sharp tools is that if one screws up they could lose a digit or other body part.

seeya
    dan

Last fall, I parked in a parking garage and made a voice memo of myself saying the location (level, row) where I parked

When was the last time you visited a zoo and/or aquarium?

When was the last time you made an audio recording of something (not video on your TV)?

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post

When was the last time you visited a zoo and/or aquarium?

Shedd Aquarium, in Chicago-August 2010

Last time you shot something living (with a gun)?

Shedd Aquarium, in Chicago-August 2010

Last time you shot something living (with a gun)?
    Last September I shot a lot of living somethings with a 12 ga during dove season.

When was the last time you ate a popsicle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blueboss; 01-27-2017 at 06:51 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Ate 3 or 4 popsicles a couple of weeks ago while cleaning out the fridge ��

When was the last time you bought a car battery? I had to get one for my '11 Audi A3 tdi on Tuesday. $170 bucks at AutoZone and a whole lot of sticker shock. Don't think I'd had to buy one in probably 10 or 12 years before that.

I buy batteries at work fairly frequently. We sell a fair number of estate vehicles and they're usually good cars but have been sitting, need new batteries. Bought one for me personally about a month and a half ago.

when's the last time you sent food back at a restaurant?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Ate 3 or 4 popsicles a couple of weeks ago while cleaning out the fridge ��

When was the last time you bought a car battery? I had to get one for my '11 Audi A3 tdi on Tuesday. $170 bucks at AutoZone and a whole lot of sticker shock. Don't think I'd had to buy one in probably 10 or 12 years before that.
    I order all my car batteries from Advance AutoParts online for in store pickup. Before I check out, I use my RetailMeNot app and find a promo code to enter. Bought one last week. Was a $115 battery and I got it for $75.

Good to know but I needed one asap. When it went, it was dead.

when's the last time you sent food back at a restaurant?

So unusual for me, but last Saturday night.
    Wasn't the servers fault and she was apologetic as can be.

When was the last time you used a slingshot?
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.