Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Game: When was the last time you...

Several times last week. Probably not enough before then.

When was the last time you visited a jail?

Re: Game: When was the last time you...

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Several times last week. Probably not enough before then.

When was the last time you visited a jail?
    that was in part for you. Certain things makes you take a whole different perspective on things.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    that was in part for you. Certain things makes you take a whole different perspective on things.
    It sure does, Doc. I regret how long ago it was for one person that I won't have the chance to do again. Wasn't "forever," but should've been more recent.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Saturdays 2 weeks ago...Oodles of Noodles. Pad Thai that was suppose to have NO FISH SAUCE. Spent the night puking due to the fish sauce

When was the last time you took something without paying for it?
    I bought several items at Bass Pro shop including an Shimano spinning reel. It was only around $80-$90. When the check out girl told me how much I owed I told her she must have missed something. So she went through it again and came up with the same number. So again I said she must have missed something, at this point she got all indignant like I was telling her she didn’t know what she was doing and told me she was sure it was right. So a third time I said that it couldn’t be right, this time she got plain snotty with me and told me that she new how to do her job.

So I left and went home and went through the receipt and the items I got. When I bought the reel I had the guy put a couple hundred yards of 20lb line on the spool. When he put the reel back in the box he put a price sticker for the line on the reel box. The check out girl was ringing up the price of the line and not the reel.

So the wife asked me if I was going to take it back and explain their mistake, which had the had girl not gotten all snotty with me that’s what I would have done, but I said “f” her, I tried three times to get it corrected and she got snotty... so I got the $80-$90 reel for like $6...

Right or wrong, or whether I justified it in my own mind because I tried three times, or her crappy attitude I did not take it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I'm not sure if this "counts" or not, but thinking about Doc's question on taking something that didn't belong to you...I guess I took a driver's license that didn't belong to me.

When I was taking my driver's license exam at age 15 (the age for getting a license in Louisiana at the time), I cheated on my exam.

My eye exam.

We used a device sort of like a microscope, with two "eye holes" to take the exam. They had the eye chart for the right eye, and the eye chart for the left eye. I passed the exam for the right eye with no problem, because, you know, I could see.

For the left eye I had a problem. When I was 9 years old, I was hit in the eye with a rock. I suffered a trauma-induced cataract, and I could not see anything out of my left eye. Nothing. So, you know, I couldn't pass the left eye exam because, you know, I couldn't see.

I told them that I had an injury in that eye and couldn't see anything, and the testing person left to go get her supervisor. When she left, I had a moment of criminal brilliance--move my right eye to the left eyehole, and memorize the letters.

I did. For one line.

When she came back with her supervisor, I said "I think I can read the line now." And proceeded to recite the 5 letters or whatever it was in order.

They probably knew what I did. They didn't ask any other questions, they didn't ask me to read the line above or below, which, of course, I couldn't if I had been asked.

They issued me the license and I went happily along my way.

Postscript, of course, is that at age 26, I had an intraocular lens implant put in my left eye, and now I can see out of it. And have happily passed eye exams as necessary since that time. I did not move from Louisiana until after that time, and did not need a new driver's license other than renewals until moving to Alabama. I guess I took an eye exam then; I don't even remember.

Anyway, that's my story. I don't know if that "fits" or not.

Anybody visited a jail recently? When was the last time? (If that's too personal, don't mention it. May be a bad question.)

Jail, that would be 1983 on a DUI...booked as Mark Hail because that is what the license I was using said. That was before Mothers were MADD, and laws were strict. I got out after a couple hours in the drunk tank, went to court the next day and when they called Mark, I got rearrested briefly. Fortunately my future father in law was tight with some people (at least this is what i believe) since it was his daughter who signed me out of jail as Mark.

Edit to add:
    1) my future wife did not realize it was me, not Mark, who was arrested. She assumed it was him until I walked out the exit door

2) when arrested, I told to officer I did not have my driver liscense on me. After arrest, they took my wallet and found the license and assumed that was me and booked me under that name

3) Nowhere did I sign anything as Mark. All signatures were basic scribbles. I did this on purpose because I had an idea that best to keep my mouth shut. It was their assumption, not me using a false ID. In fact, I recall at one spot I actually signed my real name which may have been a saving grace.

Going back to you license story..at 16, I went to the DMV, told them I was my 21 year old brother and had lost my driver license. gave them his SS and birth cert, they issued me a new OFFICIAL KY driver lisc with my picture on it. I was shaking so hard I told the lady I was on an antiseizure meditation, which wasnt too smart. Used that "fakeID" for a few years til I lost it. Then turned to barrowing Mark Hail who was a frat brother...until I got arrested.

When was the last time you hired a lawyer?
    Last edited by Doc; 07-15-2018 at 10:10 AM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Freshman

When I got divorced in 1999. Lucky or boring, I am one of these...

When was the last time you cleaned and ate something from the ocean?

Quote Originally Posted by dethbylt View Post
    When I got divorced in 1999. Lucky or boring, I am one of these...

When was the last time you cleaned and ate something from the ocean?
    Can't recall ever cleaning and eating anything from the ocean. Caught redfish and flounder that I ate, but didn't clean.

When was the last time you looked for a very old thread on a message board forum?

Monday of this week.

When was the last time you ate all the left over Halloween candy yourself?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Monday of this week.

When was the last time you ate all the left over Halloween candy yourself?
    Probably last year, or the majority of it. Mostly empty nester now, just wife and I and she always buys too much.

When was the last time you resurrected a topic that had mostly gone away (whether on this site, any social media forum, or even publicly/at work/etc.?)

Probably last year, or the majority of it. Mostly empty nester now, just wife and I and she always buys too much.

When was the last time you resurrected a topic that had mostly gone away (whether on this site, any social media forum, or even publicly/at work/etc.?)
    Probably never, but God knows I was the last person to post on a ton of threads, except “last post wins” thread.

When was the last time you made the bed?

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Probably never, but God knows I was the last person to post on a ton of threads, except “last post wins” thread.

When was the last time you made the bed?

Tuesday. Company was coming over and I wanted it to look presentable in case anyone got bumped to the master bathroom.

When was the last time you got into some poison ivy/got chigger bites/bitten by a mosquito? I think I hit the trifecta today.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Tuesday. Company was coming over and I wanted it to look presentable in case anyone got bumped to the master bathroom.

When was the last time you got into some poison ivy/got chigger bites/bitten by a mosquito? I think I hit the trifecta today.
    Glad to see this thread resurrected!

I went hiking at LBL on June 17 and that night I had a line of hives on my inner arm. I was sure I'd somehow got into some poison ivy but it turned out just to be chiggers or some such. Back to normal the next day.

When was the last time you swam in a swimming pool?
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Glad to see this thread resurrected!

I went hiking at LBL on June 17 and that night I had a line of hives on my inner arm. I was sure I'd somehow got into some poison ivy but it turned out just to be chiggers or some such. Back to normal the next day.

When was the last time you swam in a swimming pool?
    Last night.

When was the last time you had hot roasted peanuts in the shell?
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Last night.

When was the last time you had hot roasted peanuts in the shell?
    During the pandemic from what used to be the old Peanut Depot on the brick cobblestone road known as Morris Avenue. Also one of the last times I'll ever eat them since I was diagnosed as having a peanut allergy about a year later.

When is the last time you've been a a lake beach?

During the pandemic from what used to be the old Peanut Depot on the brick cobblestone road known as Morris Avenue. Also one of the last times I'll ever eat them since I was diagnosed as having a peanut allergy about a year later.

When is the last time you've been a a lake beach?
    On a lake beach? Probably close to 40 years ago somewhere in central Florida. I lived in Orlando for two years and hated about 95% of it. Been on lots of lakes since then but not many with beaches.

When was the last time you held someone’s hand?
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Last night I held my wife's hand.

Ok, when was the last time you talked to your mom?

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    Last night I held my wife's hand.

Ok, when was the last time you talked to your mom?
    Sunday, January 18, 2009. Had a good telephone chat with her, last words told her I loved her. She passed away the evening of Monday/Tuesday January 19/20, 2009. Not a sad thing here, one that I cherish the memories of the call. Dad passed unexpectedly July 4, 2018, and I had not spoken to him in awhile, and thus feel badly about that.

When was the last time you laid in a hammock outdoors?

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    On a lake beach? Probably close to 40 years ago somewhere in central Florida. I lived in Orlando for two years and hated about 95% of it. Been on lots of lakes since then but not many with beaches.

When was the last time you held someone’s hand?
    You boys and girls better be holding those hands, a little bit more firmly, and a little bit longer, and a lot more often. What I wouldn’t give…

Sunday, January 18, 2009. Had a good telephone chat with her, last words told her I loved her. She passed away the evening of Monday/Tuesday January 19/20, 2009. Not a sad thing here, one that I cherish the memories of the call. Dad passed unexpectedly July 4, 2018, and I had not spoken to him in awhile, and thus feel badly about that.

When was the last time you laid in a hammock outdoors?

Hilton Head Island in 2020 just before we bought our condo.

When was the last time you got a natural birdie on the golf course?

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    Hilton Head Island in 2020 just before we bought our condo.

When was the last time you got a natural birdie on the golf course?
    Last time I played. Daughter was in town from NYC, son was in from Jackson, and both wanted to play. Have been playing with both of them on the gold/senior tees, which makes for some pretty easy holes. One of them was what turned out to be a 400 yard par 5. Making a "4" on that hole--the 18th--was really like a par, but I'll take it.

Since I play maybe once or twice a year, if that, I can't remember the last one before that. Hasn't been many. I've been lucky to break 90. I'm more likely to 3-putt for bogey than to make the birdie when I get the chance.

When is the last time you slept in a tent?

1976, and the only reason I remember is that it was the year before My wife and I tied the knot and she was with me in the tent. .

What was the oldest TV show you recall watching?
    seeya
    dan

1976, and the only reason I remember is that it was the year before My wife and I tied the knot and she was with me in the tent. .

What was the oldest TV show you recall watching?
    That’s hard to nail down, but I remember when I was very young my aunt who was in her teens and was baby sitting us, let my two sisters and I watch the Twilight Zone… I had nightmares, but I also remember watching Romper Room too.

This might not be fair, (because I’m currently at the beach) but when was the last time you watched a thunderstorm at night out over the ocean?

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    That’s hard to nail down, but I remember when I was very young my aunt who was in her teens and was baby sitting us, let my two sisters and I watch the Twilight Zone… I had nightmares, but I also remember watching Romper Room too.

This might not be fair, (because I’m currently at the beach) but when was the last time you watched a thunderstorm at night out over the ocean?

2018 Destin Florida, from the balcony of a rental beach house. I have some nifty camera shots of lightning from that thunderstorm. The storm stayed over the gulf for a few hours and never made it to the beach.

When was the last time you went hunting and capturing lightning bugs?
    seeya
    dan

2018 Destin Florida, from the balcony of a rental beach house. I have some nifty camera shots of lightning from that thunderstorm. The storm stayed over the gulf for a few hours and never made it to the beach.

When was the last time you went hunting and capturing lightning bugs?
    July 2020 with my daughter. She was only 12 then and I am pretty sure that was one of the last "little girl" moments I got with her before she became a teenagerish...

Ok, when was the last time you worked on some project with your dad? (yeah, nostalgia)