Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Game: When was the last time you...

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Good to know but I needed one asap. When it went, it was dead.
    Just FYI, but you can almost always find a $30 or $40 off coupon code online for Autozone for over $100 purchase. Can do it from phone.

Bombino

Ignore

Re: Game: When was the last time you...

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    when's the last time you sent food back at a restaurant?

So unusual for me, but last Saturday night.
    Wasn't the servers fault and she was apologetic as can be.

When was the last time you used a slingshot?
    About 2weeks ago we had a cold snap and I was hunting blackbirds in my back yard with the slingshot.

When was the last time you got a real soda fountain cola or shake of your choice
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Two years ago in May we stumbled over a soda fountain ice cream parlor somewhere in central TN (queue the deliverance music) I ordered a vanilla malt.

When's the last time you picked up a book of matches off of a counter at a store, restaurant etc.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Probably about 10 years ago from a grocery store, a little more recently than that at Walmart for a different use. Use matches occasionally to light propane tanks where a lighter didn't fit, but those long fireplace ones. Also grabbed some waterproof ones for camping gear.

We have a basket of at least a thousand books of matches from various places and not really collecting them anymore (and haven't been collecting for two decades), so we use them. Despite being a quarter century old, they still work.

When was the last time you changed brands of toothpaste?

^I tried to change from Colgate to Trader Joe's brand a couple of years ago. I like most of their products and thought I'd give it a shot. Nope--tasted like chalk. I didn't even want to finish the tube but the cheapskate in me wouldn't let me waste $2.50. Thankfully Mrs. BEvans tried it, liked it & kept it, so I could go back to Colgate.

When was the last time you listened to an audiobook, and what was it?
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

I'm not sure of the exact title but it was an Anne Rice vampire book back in the early 90's. My girlfriend had it in while traveling to and from Lexington.

When was the last time you used an ice tray?

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I'm not sure of the exact title but it was an Anne Rice vampire book back in the early 90's. My girlfriend had it in while traveling to and from Lexington.

When was the last time you used an ice tray?

This one is easy. This summer. I was trying various things to produce more ice--we go through ice like water (insert bad joke laugh track here), with so much we do during the summer, son playing soccer, etc. ad nauseam. So I was trying everything to produce more ice, and ended up buying a small icemaker that helped tremendously (it generates 26 pounds of ice a day; my icemaker in my freezer generates 9 lbs).

When is the last time you saw a musical?

Saw Hamilton in Chicago last Oct. 30th with my wife and son. Had a blast.

When is the last time you were lost?
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Never happened to me. I always know exactly where I am.

If making a left turn instead of a right turn and driving a couple of miles out of the way before realizing that I was going in the wrong direction counts as being lost then it happened last week, but I do not consider that being lost

When was the last time you changed a babies diaper?
    seeya
    dan

The last time I had the pleasure of changing a diaper would have been about 12 years ago since my son is now 14.

When was the last time you chewed a stick of Blackjack gum?

Interesting story behind Black Jack gum. I had not even heard of it much less chewed it before your post. Our little country store did not carry it I guess. Can not vouch for the accuracy of this but the inked web page says they make a new batch of it every 3 to 5 years.

Linkage
    seeya
    dan

Yeah, I'm going to skip the last question and let someone answer it, too, because I don't think I have ever heard of Blackjack gum, either. I don't think I have ever chewed any that I know of as well.

Is it better gum than, say, Wrigley or whatever else? It does have a cool name and a cool history....

lol I never really cared much for the Blackjack when I was a kid. Clark's Teaberry was my favorite.

Since nobody else is admitting chewing Blackjack, I'll answer and say "never." But it was an interesting discussion and loved the history behind it.

When was the last time you intentionally ran a red light?

Never, they were always yellow the last time I looked.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Never, they were always yellow the last time I looked.
    Amazingly, I intentionally ran one last night. I must have jinxed myself. I was leaving a show choir competition, it was after midnight, and I was following a car in front of me. He just went through a deserted intersection and I was blindly following--I saw the blinking red light shortly before I reached it, and I had a choice--either run it, or hit the brakes fairly hard. Not being completely sure what was immediately behind me, but seeing easily on both sides of the intersection, left and right, I made the conscious decision to run it. Not the greatest of driving, and police in the immediate vicinity, too.

Question is still open for the next guy--

"When is the last time you intentionally ran a red light?"

I don't think I've ever intentionally ran one but that reminds me of somewhat of a pet peeve of mine, i.e. people running stop signs. Around here a lot of drivers seem to think as long as they (mostly) stop then they can go at will, regardless of what else is happening around them. There's a "stop" sign not far from where I live at the intersection of Barbour Lane and Wolf Pen Branch where I've almost been hit about three times now.

Guess no one is going to cop a plea on running red lights :/

When was the last time you got a really good nights sleep?

lol I never really cared much for the Blackjack when I was a kid. Clark's Teaberry was my favorite.
    My Poppy (my Dad's father), who died in 1980, always had a stick of Teaberry gum for me when I saw him. He's the only person I've ever seen with it. When I was in Cracker Barrel and saw they had Teaberry gum last year, it was a real bittersweet moment.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Amazingly, I intentionally ran one last night. I must have jinxed myself. I was leaving a show choir competition, it was after midnight, and I was following a car in front of me. He just went through a deserted intersection and I was blindly following--I saw the blinking red light shortly before I reached it, and I had a choice--either run it, or hit the brakes fairly hard. Not being completely sure what was immediately behind me, but seeing easily on both sides of the intersection, left and right, I made the conscious decision to run it. Not the greatest of driving, and police in the immediate vicinity, too.

Question is still open for the next guy--

"When is the last time you intentionally ran a red light?"
    I'll take that one, because it was legal when I lived in Puerto Rico when I was stationed there from 1989-91. They had an ordinance in San Juan that if you were at a red light after 11 pm and there was no traffic you could run it. I think it was probably an attempt to avoid carjackings. So 1991.

I'll defer on a question since there's one open right now.

Guess no one is going to cop a plea on running red lights :/

When was the last time you got a really good nights sleep?

Not really. But it seems that long sometimes.

Going back, I'd say Sunday night. I was exhausted from having arrived home Saturday night/Sunday morning at 2 a.m., had a busy Sunday and went to bed early about 11 a.m. Awoke at 5:45, so that's nearly 7 hours, which is a long time for me, and don't think I woke up during the night, which is a real anomaly.

-----

BEvans, when I was in high school, we had to create a survey as part of our psychology class. The reason I asked the question about the red light was that ours was based on driving habits of teenagers, and one of the questions was, "if you approached a red light, late at night, no police or anyone in sight, would you run the red light?"

I don't recall the answers, but it was a different time and era back then. As much grief as we give the kids of today, I know that a) we had our driver's licenses at age 15 (in Louisiana) and were terrible drivers; b) drinking age was 18 then, and not enforced--we routinely drank in high school--not that they don't now, too, but I'm near positive not as bad as we were, because enforcement was more lax, and c), we were horrible drivers--did I say that before? It's bad enough that we should say it again.

I did not play football, so I was with the fan-drinking crowd. I remember after our home games, they'd go up and down the student section, and sweeping the bottles of Jack Daniels in each row--and there were many, many. It just wasn't a big deal to have 16-year olds drinking and driving. Amazing.

OK, with all that being said, I'll lob the next one--

When was the last time you played a game of tetherball?

I bet you did not know dinosaurs could play tetherball did ya? Well we could. 1968, freshman year of high school in Stumpy Baker's gym class while he was watching game film.

When was the last time you went blackberry pickin?
    seeya
    dan

I bet you did not know dinosaurs could play tetherball did ya? Well we could. 1968, freshman year of high school in Stumpy Baker's gym class while he was watching game film.

When was the last time you went blackberry pickin?
    Mid 60's we lived in Paducah for about three years, I was in about the 4th grade and mother and her friend took us kids out pick' n... I usually ended up with poison ivy and or bee stung.

When was the last time you had to adjust an antennae to get a signal on anything?

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Mid 60's we lived in Paducah for about three years, I was in about the 4th grade and mother and her friend took us kids out pick' n... I usually ended up with poison ivy and or bee stung.

When was the last time you had to adjust an antennae to get a signal on anything?

About 7-8 years ago I'd say, at an auction in western Nebraska. Even cell service was horrid, but we were in the software biz with a lot of wireless tech so I rigged up a high gain antenna that would work in the cellular range and ran it back to a phone that at that time took an external antenna. It helped.

When was the last time you dinged your car by hitting a stationary object? (sadly yes that's why it's on my mind)
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    About 7-8 years ago I'd say, at an auction in western Nebraska. Even cell service was horrid, but we were in the software biz with a lot of wireless tech so I rigged up a high gain antenna that would work in the cellular range and ran it back to a phone that at that time took an external antenna. It helped.

When was the last time you dinged your car by hitting a stationary object? (sadly yes that's why it's on my mind)
    I used to be really bad in gas stations, for some reason. When I was 19 I backed into an air pump. When I was 25 I backed a UHaul truck so close to a Cadillac that was behind me that somehow I peeled a piece of the rubber molding off the Cadillac's chrome bumper without damaging the bumper itself (I couldn't do it again that way if I tried). The last time I dinged a car by hitting a stationary object was when I was 28 and pulled away too sharply from a gas pump, scraping down the driver's door. Oh, and it was a rental car, too. $1400 damage.

When was the last time you made a snowman?

Last year, in mid January. Had about a foot of nice wet snow to play with.

When was the last time you attended a live rock concert?
    seeya
    dan

Last year, in mid January. Had about a foot of nice wet snow to play with.

When was the last time you attended a live rock concert?
    What counts as a rock concert?

Don't credit me for the answer. My only concerts have been Billy Joel, Jimmy Buffet, Air Supply and Crystal Gayle. I don't think any of those count.

The last really good concert I went to was U2 in Rupp Arena back in the late '80's but probably my favorite was Rush on their Moving Pictures tour.

When was the last time you had an Old Fashioned?
    Last edited by Catfan73; 02-15-2017 at 06:08 PM.

Never, but I can make a mean one.

When was the last time you posted on the when was the last time you... thread?