Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Not Sure I Shared This....

I'm working (slowly) on a series of "Nature Portraits" as the opportunities present themselves and I get out more. This is my first.... Tule Elk, Point Reyes National Seashore, CA
    Tule Elk BW Portrait-1.jpg
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

Re: Not Sure I Shared This....

Coastie, that is one gorgeous shot, brother.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Rupp's Runt

If I had the time, this is exactly what I would be doing. No desire to hunt anymore, but I'd love sit out in the woods and photograph animals.

Partial lie, I'd love to have time to hunt coyotes more often. But I'd only hunt predators.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    If I had the time, this is exactly what I would be doing. No desire to hunt anymore, but I'd love sit out in the woods and photograph animals.

Partial lie, I'd love to have time to hunt coyotes more often. But I'd only hunt predators.
    I hear ya. There's something about heading out to hike, not knowing what's out there. I've seen many deer, some coyotes, plenty of birds of prey, not sure what my next "portrait" will be, but I'll be ready.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Coastie, that is one gorgeous shot, brother.
    Thank you sir!

Beautiful.

Wow!! Just wow!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Rupp's Runt

Great photo, Coastie!
    MOLON LABE!

Rupp's Runt

I should add my pictures would not be near that awesome. I take a decent picture for an average person, but that is impressive.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by CGWildcat View Post
    I hear ya. There's something about heading out to hike, not knowing what's out there. I've seen many deer, some coyotes, plenty of birds of prey, not sure what my next "portrait" will be, but I'll be ready.
    I want to come out there and go on one of your hikes!
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by CGWildcat View Post
    I'm working (slowly) on a series of "Nature Portraits" as the opportunities present themselves and I get out more. This is my first.... Tule Elk, Point Reyes National Seashore, CA
    Tule Elk BW Portrait-1.jpg
    My question is obviously you’re using some kind of crazy zoom lens, but how did you get into position to get that shot?

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Rupp's Runt

With a 40 ft ladder, tied to a tree, with a rope to swing over to the next tree, while jumping over a river to catch a drone to drop him off in position just at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    My question is obviously you’re using some kind of crazy zoom lens, but how did you get into position to get that shot?

Boss, if you knew how easy this one was you'd kill me. This herd is protected out at Point Reyes National Seashore. They are VERY USE to humans/cars. Been there the better part of the last century. I was driving back the only 2 lane road out there and so help me, this guy and 3 or 4 others were sitting no more than 20 yards away from the fence. I pulled up to fence, rested my big lens 200-600mm and shot this guy while he ate grass. I have another of him sticking his tongue out at me as if to say, you can't cross that fence boy!

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    With a 40 ft ladder, tied to a tree, with a rope to swing over to the next tree, while jumping over a river to catch a drone to drop him off in position just at the right time.
    The real question is did the drone yank him out just in time, before the p’d off elk trampled him.