Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Game: When was the last time you...

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Never, but I can make a mean one.

When was the last time you posted on the when was the last time you... thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10 days ago. Wow. Thanks for picking up the slack.

When is the last time you sat on an uncomfortable chair for more than five minutes, and why?

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post

When is the last time you sat on an uncomfortable chair for more than five minutes, and why?
    Today...because every chair I sit in for more than 5 min becomes uncomfortable. Screwed up back will do that. Rhizotomy 2 weeks ago on the right side and having the left side done next week should resolve that for 10 to 12 months. That's the why

When was the last time you purchase a new computer?
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

4 years and 3 months ago. Bought an Apple Mini for Judy for Christmas.

When was the last time you went camping using a tent and all the other necessary camping gear?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

This past August.
    In East Tennessee.
    Took Grammy and our two oldest granddaughters.
    It was a BLAST.

When was the last time you used cash instead of plastic?
    Or used on old fashioned check?
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

I wrote a check to psy a bill this week. I think I also used cash, at a car wash, this week too.

When was the last time you willingly quit a paying job without having a new one lined up?

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    I wrote a check to psy a bill this week. I think I also used cash, at a car wash, this week too.

When was the last time you willingly quit a paying job without having a new one lined up?
    August 1987. Was working at the diagnostic lab in Lexington and had to leave to go to vet school at Auburn. Too long of a comute to keep the job!

When was the last time you bought jewelry?
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

February 14, 2017
    I didn't actually buy it on 02/14/2017 but that is when it was given; I would have to guesstimate 02/07/2017.

When was the last time you took the bus to go someplace?
    Can be either the local transit authority or Greyhound or Trailways.
    Last edited by BigBluePappy; 02-25-2017 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Additional thought
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Hmm. Must have been in the fall to attend an Alabama event. Rode the "Crimson Ride" bus from parking to event.

If you're talking about a paying thing, and not just a quick shuttle bus, oh, my. My Dad had a car to give to my daughter when she was in college, so I took a Greyhound bus to Monroe, Louisiana from Birmingham so I could drive it back. That would have been when she was about 20, so maybe 7½ years ago or so. I don't think I've ridden a bus since then, besides the shuttle buses.

Speaking of travel -- when is the last time you traveled somewhere longer than 12 hours in a day?

Summer of 2013 or 2014, family vacation in Destin, one day drive from northern Kentucky.

When was the last time you did volunteer work?

Game: When was the last time you...

Summer of 2013 or 2014, family vacation in Destin, one day drive from northern Kentucky.

When was the last time you did volunteer work?
    This morning. I had gate duty at a soccer tournament hosted by our school, proceeds going to the soccer program. If that doesn't count, I guess it's been a week when I did some work for the church.

When is the last time you went to a drive-in movie?

Not sure what year, but we went to see The Blair Witch Project

When was the last time you asked someone famous for their autograph?

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Spring 1978. The seniors from the 78 NCAA championship team were on a barnstorming tour. They played the Marathon Oilers (who had a PG by the name of Scotty Baesler!) at Boyd County Junior High, which had the biggest gym in the area at that time. I think the players signed autographs at halftime. I still have the program somewhere at my parents' house (I hope). Quite a thrill for a HS freshman.

When was the last time you camped out overnight, and where was it?
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Spring 1978. The seniors from the 78 NCAA championship team were on a barnstorming tour. They played the Marathon Oilers (who had a PG by the name of Scotty Baesler!) at Boyd County Junior High, which had the biggest gym in the area at that time. I think the players signed autographs at halftime. I still have the program somewhere at my parents' house (I hope). Quite a thrill for a HS freshman.

When was the last time you camped out overnight, and where was it?
    Camp Tekawitha, June, 2010, my 50th birthday weekend. Camp owned by the Diocese of Birmingham, and was helping with my son's Eagle Scout project, building an outdoor chapel and reopening the camp after a number of years of the camp being closed. Worked very hard that weekend, couldn't do it today with my shoulder issues, my back issues, and related ailments. Glad it happened then.

When was the last time you walked to work? (My son did it today to avoid driving on ice, and to make sure that the animals at the veterinary clinic had some "grunt" attention from a vet tech.)

Last time I walked to work was fall 1988. I was on temporary duty at the Naval Legal Service Office, Norfolk. I'd just taken the bar and the Navy had me on temporary duty to make some money while I was waiting on the results. I was an Ensign (O-1) JAG which really doesn't exist in the wild; you get promoted to Lieutenant Junior Grade (O-2) when you pass the bar and go on active duty, so no one knew quite what to make of me. I remember a Commander telling me to enjoy being an Ensign because everybody knows you're green as grass: "It's a license to screw up."

Anyway, I took the bar in July, got married August 20, honeymooned with my wife for a week and we were living in the Bachelor Officers Quarters across the street from the NLSO. So I got to walk across the street to work every day. Nice setup.

When was the last time you made chili (and what's your recipe, if you're at liberty to share)?
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 01-18-2018 at 10:06 AM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

When was the last time you made chili (and what's your recipe, if you're at liberty to share)?

I was hoping somebody else would do it, because I don't make chili. So "never" would be my answer. My wife made it a couple of weeks ago. She makes "regular" chili, with meat, beans, and other stuff. Not much other stuff, I don't think. Makes rice and is eaten over rice, or rice in the bowl. She made "white chicken chili" a few weeks ago. I like it, but not as much as regular old chili.

When is the last time you showered/took a bath/cleaned off--substantially outdoors?

My chili recipe: saute about a tablespoon of minced garlic in a tablespoon of olive oil. Add 2# ground beef. When almost browned add 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. In a pot start one cup tomato juice and 1 1/2 cups of water. Add 2 packets of chil-o mix (remove 2 teaspoons first) and 3 cans of black beans that have been rinsed clear in a colander. Add the beef after it gets quiet. Voila. Easy.

I'm not sure I've ever actually bathed outdoors :P

When was the last time you hand washed your car?
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    My chili recipe: saute about a tablespoon of minced garlic in a tablespoon of olive oil. Add 2# ground beef. When almost browned add 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. In a pot start one cup tomato juice and 1 1/2 cups of water. Add 2 packets of chil-o mix (remove 2 teaspoons first) and 3 cans of black beans that have been rinsed clear in a colander. Add the beef after it gets quiet. Voila. Easy.

I'm not sure I've ever actually bathed outdoors :P

When was the last time you hand washed your car?
    I was just thinking about that the other day. I drive an old beater that has 267K on it. I keep waiting for it to die, but it just won't quit. I put as little work into it as possible. It's probably been 8 years since I did anything more to the outside of it than let the rain wash the salt off it.

When was the last time you were in another country besides the U.S.?

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    I was just thinking about that the other day. I drive an old beater that has 267K on it. I keep waiting for it to die, but it just won't quit. I put as little work into it as possible. It's probably been 8 years since I did anything more to the outside of it than let the rain wash the salt off it.

When was the last time you were in another country besides the U.S.?
    August 2010 in Canada to see UK play. The Road to Houston...Begins in Windsor.

When is the last time you bought a brand new car? And what kind.

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    August 2010 in Canada to see UK play. The Road to Houston...Begins in Windsor.

When is the last time you bought a brand new car? And what kind.
    2009. Rare that I do. I usually get a 2-3 year old car for the "good" cars, and a 10-year old car for the kids. Was a Honda Odyssey Van. Still have it, 160,000 miles on it now. 2nd motor. Grrrr.

When is the last time you rented a car? (Can be a lease, or standard Hertz type rental).

2009. Rare that I do. I usually get a 2-3 year old car for the "good" cars, and a 10-year old car for the kids. Was a Honda Odyssey Van. Still have it, 160,000 miles on it now. 2nd motor. Grrrr.

When is the last time you rented a car? (Can be a lease, or standard Hertz type rental).
    '96 IIRC. Sarah and I flew to Ft. Lauderdale on a free 3-day stay. Rented the car at the airport.

When was the last time you played baseball?
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    '96 IIRC. Sarah and I flew to Ft. Lauderdale on a free 3-day stay. Rented the car at the airport.

When was the last time you played baseball?
    All though not an official game of baseball, last summer I played a lot of catch with my 7 year old grandson. Plus took turns pitching to each other and hitting balls.

When was the last time you went into a Walmart?

I usually go once a year to buy shot gun shells, and get a hunting license.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    All though not an official game of baseball, last summer I played a lot of catch with my 7 year old grandson. Plus took turns pitching to each other and hitting balls.

When was the last time you went into a Walmart?

I usually go once a year to buy shot gun shells, and get a hunting license.

About a month ago. I like to snack on nuts, particularly Planter's Nutrition varieties. Walmart beats the competition by about a dollar per can.

When was the last time you went out to see a movie and what was it?
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

We ( me, wife, and son) saw Murder on the Orient Express a couple of weeks ago at the discount theater in town. Might as well have been sitting in folding chairs watching it on an old fashioned projector screen like my dad had but the movie was good and the popcorn excellent.

When was the last time you made a big pitcher of sweet tea?
    changing my signature to change our luck.

When was the last time you made a big pitcher of sweet tea?

Hmm. I guess I'll include my wife in this one as well, but my answer is still probably 10 years. We don't drink tea at home, except when she buys Milo's Sweet Tea as a treat in the gallon jugs. I'll drink it, but nobody else does.

When was the last time you roller skated? (Roller blades also accepted).

At least middle school I think. Immanuel Baptist here in town had a skating rink and I used to live close to it, so we'd go there and skate. Champs here in town was an institution for a long time, but it closed some years ago. I could do it without falling but I wasn't much more than passable at it.

when was the last time you went out to dinner (or any meal) and the health/weight aspects of your choices never once entered your mind?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

It all started back about 10 years ago when my Dr told me I needed to lose weight... so I did. Now It’s more about being aware of calorie intake.

When was the last time you stayed overnight at a state park? And where was it? Lodge/cabins/campground

July 2016, Lodge at Buckhorn Lake State Park. It was nice, especially silly since I have ancestors from around the area, and my grandparents were on the trip, telling stories of people and places as we drove around the region one day.

When was the last time you were (knowingly) on TV?

July 2016, Lodge at Buckhorn Lake State Park. It was nice, especially silly since I have ancestors from around the area, and my grandparents were on the trip, telling stories of people and places as we drove around the region one day.

When was the last time you were (knowingly) on TV?
    My children have been on more recently than me, but probably sometime in the last 10 years at a ballgame. Nothing significant, though. Radio many times, but I have a better face for that.

When is the last time you ate something that didn't agree with you?

My children have been on more recently than me, but probably sometime in the last 10 years at a ballgame. Nothing significant, though. Radio many times, but I have a better face for that.

When is the last time you ate something that didn't agree with you?
    Saturdays 2 weeks ago...Oodles of Noodles. Pad Thai that was suppose to have NO FISH SAUCE. Spent the night puking due to the fish sauce

When was the last time you took something without paying for it?

So no theives??

OK,

When was the last time you told a family member, aside from your spouse, (ie parent or child) that "you loved them"? and actually MEANT IT.......

there is a reason behind this-my father flew from Hawaii to FL 2 days ago to do that. Today he told me he did not recall ever actually doing that and wanted to be sure I knew that he did.