Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Rick Minter says the trigger was pulled too soon on the coaching staff

Rick Minter says the trigger was pulled too soon on the coaching staff

Seriously? Im glad this clown is gone if this is how they feel

Kyle Tucker ‏@KyleTucker_CJ

Rick Minter: "I feel so bad for Joker. He was on the right track. People don't want to hear that, but he was."

FootballScoop Staff ‏@footballscoop

Kentucky DC Rick Minter> RT @BW_Jones: Minter: "You don't want to paint a bad picture, but it's a tough job."

Re: Rick Minter says the trigger was pulled too soon on the coaching staff

Minter said Joker can claim to be numb "but he's going to feel it." Said UK is his home "and they threw him out."

EVERYONE wanted Joker to be a success at UK and stay here another 25 years but it didn't happen.
    The one question I have for Brooks and Mitch is did Joker show any signs at all that he wanted to be a head coach before this happened or did they just think
    he was ready.
    You just never heard before he was coach that he was so orgainzed, could break down film was just on top of his game.
    Maybe there were signs a good CEO would have picked up on before he was named coach.

Rick Minter would seem to disagree with Barnhart. Said Joker loves UK, anyone else who has any success will leave.

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    EVERYONE wanted Joker to be a success at UK and stay here another 25 years but it didn't happen.
    The one question I have for Brooks and Mitch is did Joker show any signs at all that he wanted to be a head coach before this happened or did they just think
    he was ready.
    You just never heard before he was coach that he was so orgainzed, could break down film was just on top of his game.
    Maybe there were signs a good CEO would have picked up on before he was named coach.
    Youre exactly right, I agree with every single word you say...to say Joker wasnt given a chance is just flat out stupid

So was it long enough by the first toss sweep on fourth and inches? Or the second?

3 years. You get three years to show something, anything, positive. After that, we're done getting jerked around.
    Follow my insane ramblings on UK sports and this crazy world we live in: @UKSalsaKat

Video...guy is truly clueless..."Well they averaged 37.5 points a game...we held them to 37 so you know..."

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...=1988066345001

They averaged 10 points less than that in SEC play. One has to wonder if Minter's goal all season long was to hold opponents to a half point below their average.

UT was winless in the SEC, without their head coach, and the guy that took Dooley's place looked clueless, but Minter is happy about giving up 37 points? Tennessee has never gone winless in conference play, but I wonder how many times UK has saved them from that ignominy?
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Our defense has not been able to cover anyone all year. And our offensive philosophy for the past 3 years has absolutely driven me crazy. We need 8 yards on 3rd down and we throw a 4 or 5 yard pass...

I am sorry people feel the need to rehash all of this rather than look to the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelSteve View Post

Minter said Joker can claim to be numb "but he's going to feel it." Said UK is his home "and they threw him out."
    Coach Minter is correct here. Joker will feel it. To Joker's credit, he acknowledged it was time for him to go. He knew it, even though Coach Minter wasn't agreeing with him.

Minter is an old school football guy. Regardless of whether or not he was a good addition to the staff, I would expect him to want another chance to fight and to have the confidence that he can get it done. This is a non-story.

Minter is a joke. I expect him not wanting to roll over either but he had absolutely no position to open his mouth and have those words spew out. The team was headed in the right direction? I guess he strives for 0-8 sec play and declining years from where the program was Jokers 1st year.

I do not know about direction, but I like the potential I see on this team. I think this spring is going to be exciting and hope for a 5-7 win season next year. I think the new coach could have something fun for the fans in two years. If that is headed in the right direction or just a team with potential or what, I do not know.