Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: When did the federal gvmt become responsible for protecting democratic e-mails?

When did the federal gvmt become responsible for protecting democratic e-mails?

I've found this interesting for some time. All this hubbub about the wikileaks of the DEMOCRATIC parties released e-mails. E-mails sent between Hilary and her people relating to her running for election. Now keep in mind that it is illegal to do election related business/campaigning on government time and utilizing government facilities. And it is something that is HIGHLY monitored by the opposing parties. Now most of the stuff released relates to election related materal hence it must be Democratic Party Material, not federal government material. As such, the federal government isn't responsible for its security. Of course I have no doubt some of it was hacked due to Hillary's less than secure handling of sensitive material but lets ignore that. I'm talking the other stuff. Why is the federal government's wasting resources investing who hacking into the DNC? If the DNC has lacks security, that is their problem. If Assnage hacked into it, which is what I suspect, so be it. Now if Russia is hacking into US files, that is a problem.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Re: When did the federal gvmt become responsible for protecting democratic e-mails?

The newfound outrage of the Left over this hacking is hysterical.

Where was their outrage when the Chinese stole the identity info of TWENTY MILLION FEDERAL EMPLOYEES???? Did Obama kick out diplomats, promise to strike back. even make any public comment AT ALL???? Nope.

This is horseshit. Did the Russians hack Hillary's emails? Hell yes, so did the Chinese, the North Koreans and some 14 year old in Iowa. Their security was a joke. Apparently if Assange isn't joking Podesta sent his password unprotected and it was an easy one, and today the Dept. of State released emails showing Hillary was sending her passwords unprotected through her emails as well.

I'm betting any number of entities have hacked some or all of this information. But the idea that this was Russian government hacking to help Trump is a far far stretch. If Assange is telling the truth then it's quite possible multiple sources hacked those emails.

What IMO we should conclude from this is the following:

- Many of our leaders, and certainly those around Team Clinton are SHOCKINGLY stupid and self absorbed when it comes to security, and they have betrayed the People's trust and got burned in the end bc of it

- The Russians, Chinese, NK and others are actively hacking US government and private info and using it for all sorts of purposes

- Obama doesn't give a tinker's dam about the actual threats facing this country like hacking, just how it makes him look and how to protect his bubble-focused "legacy", b/c this is the first time he has seemed to care a bit about hacking even by foreign governments

What I want to know is how the deal between Team Clinton and Putin fell apart. Hillary was responsible for the "reset" that was to warm relations, she personally got US companies to invest there, ironically including a LOT of high tech like Apple and Google, and she approved the sale of uranium reserves while her husband got $1million cash for speeches from Putin-tied entities involved in that deal.

So they were in bed hot and heavy. Was there a falling out? One of these side deals go wonky somewhere and now they are rivals so Putin did in fact try to hurt the Clintons?

If Putin is involved in this it's not b/c of some simple facade concept like the fact that Trump has complimented him, or other media assertions. Something has gone on behind the scenes and this wasn't pro-Trump but was anti-Clinton.

Five years ago she was the champion of warming relations with Russia. Now they're the cold war enemy again for her. Something changed and it is more than meets the eye. Or maybe they figured out he played Obama like every other world leader, but I doubt it.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: When did the federal gvmt become responsible for protecting democratic e-mails?

The password is "password". Really, enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    The password is "password". Really, enough said.
    Hey, the server that had access to top secret government information was in the basement. Which is worse?
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Fox news and other outlets have asked where is the outrage over this administration's efforts to affect the last Israeli elections?

Secondly where is the outrage and the investigative work that would reveal the hacking and cyber warfare being conducted by the US government against multiple countries around the world? Even if the Russians had a hand in hacking email addresses and revealing that information, why do Americans think that is unfair, when our government agencies are doing the same thing and worse, much worse. Remember the Stuxnet worm that found it's way into the Iranian computers used for nuclear research and enrichment? Where do you think that worm was developed and who stuck it in the Iranian computers?

I do not think it is cool that other countries can hack into our government's computer systems, but folks, we are talking about a rogue private email server here that apparently had less protection applied to it than my personal computer at home.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

We have agencies (plural) that do it. Its their job to hack into foreign governments. That's why we have the NSA and all those big satellite dishes around Washington. They aren't there so the White House can get British Soccer games. Its up to us, as in the USA to prevent the hacking of our agencies, our FEDERAL agencies. Its not the US governments job to guard the DNC, no more than it is to guard the RNC or Target or Walmart. The cluster...... that Chuck mentions above with federal employees, they got our info, or at least we believe they did. They gave us "lifelock" but we had IDSHIELD to monitor. That drew 1/1000 of the outrage and response to hacking the DNC. Why? Because they think it cost Hillary the election (IMO it didn't) and Obama his third term/legacy
    Last edited by Doc; 01-09-2017 at 03:59 PM.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

The Obama administration has been slow to move when it should regarding foreign policy crisis.

The loss of private information was bad and dangerous. A foreign power attempting to sway a US election is a very serious threat to national security. The data breach was too. But the election is a far more direct attack at America's way of life.

Unfortuantely the current president has been weak regarding the Russians ala Chamberlain. The president elect seems to want to join the new axis of evil like Mussolini.

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    The Obama administration has been slow to move when it should regarding foreign policy crisis.

The loss of private information was bad and dangerous. A foreign power attempting to sway a US election is a very serious threat to national security. The data breach was too. But the election is a far more direct attack at America's way of life.

Unfortuantely the current president has been weak regarding the Russians ala Chamberlain. The president elect seems to want to join the new axis of evil like Mussolini.

Obama was a milquetoast president, and China and Russia and the other sharks knew it and took full advantage.

I agree tampering in anything related to the election is deeply troubling, but IMO long term the breach China had of basically all federal employees is worse b/c they can use that information to influence individuals and gain new intelligence for years if not decades. needless to say we all agree both are bad.

I for one am very curious what happened between Putin and the Clintons b/c when she was Sec of state things were great. It wasn't Trump who started the "reset" thing with Russia, it was Hillary in 2009. How do they get from Bill getting $1 mil in speaker fees from Putin influenced companies to this with the hacking? there's more to this story IMO.

I have to wonder about Trump's play with Russia. It could be that he is an admirer of Putin and being simple about it, or he could be keeping his enemies close.

IN global terms it makes a certain amount of sense. Nixon helped break up the Sino-Soviet bloc, and Trump may be trying to prevent the next one from forming. Russia is making overtures to the Phillipines and others and trying to make real inroads. It might make sense to bond with them and work to isolate China instead.

FWIW China is IMO the far bigger long term threat. Russia has not managed to balance non-democratic government with capitalism the way Asia has done, and it makes China far more dangerous b/c they will have far more economic power.

Or he could be doing a fitting for a spiffy fascist uniform as we speak. With Trump you never know.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 01-09-2017 at 04:07 PM.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

I know the Chinese have my information. While it is unlikely that my adoration for UK Basketball has found anything significant that China can use against us, my Star Wars toy addiction is already being used against us all with the increase in chinese Labor costs.

With Russia, Both W and Obama have vastly underestimated Putin and his intentions. Frankly it was just easy for wonks to think the Cold War was actually over for 20 plus years.

That was never accurate. I certainly didn't realize it but the when Obama drew a line in the sand with Syrian use of chemical weapons and then we did nothing, Putin knew it was time to strike.

From an OP ED in th NY times to his moves to slow NATO expansion, Putin has become a real thorn in our side.

Both China and Russia are real threats to our way of life. I worry about the former KGB guy.

China's extraordinary decision to build islands in the oceas is to my mind an unparalleled and ingenious effort to extend its dream of hegemony in the East. Maybe it is easier than I think but I would say it rivals the great wall.

No easy answers.