Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

An interesting question

I've always been fascinated by the 'type' that people have. I've read that most men develop a type that they're most interested in around 12 or so and never really deviate from that preferred type of look even if they eventually marry someone who doesn't fit it.

As a Dad to four boys/men I've seen how kids raised by the same people in the same place can develop widely varying types.

The oldest loves soft faced girls who aren't exactly big but not the defined and fit type . Very feminine types with roundish faces. I've never liked that type myself but he's all in on that type.

The second oldest is a true blue eye nut. No matter her hair color, build or anything else I've never once seen him with a woman without blue eyes. Ever. And he wasn't exactly a monogamous type when he was younger either. All blue eyed.

The third one loves pale skinned, waifish girls. Loves red heads. I very much dislike pale skin on a woman myself, but to each his own.

My fourth one hasn't revealed a real type yet. He's a brainiac so he might not be quite as shallow as the rest of us.

As for me, I saw The Searchers when I was a kid and when Natalie Wood turned around in that teepee I was done. I was only about 9 and had no idea why but that dark on dark on dark look with the high cheekbones and the curves was, is and always will be my type.

So do you have a type? And if so, did you marry that type or find someone not that type so appealing that you overcame your fascination?

Re: An interesting question

For me it was always the available type.

Until my wife came along, mesmerized, out smarted, and spoiled me.
    Last edited by kingcat; 12-29-2016 at 12:47 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Never had a type unless you count intelligence and a sense of humor. Oh, and a feminine figure in a general sense with the bottom figure having slightly more importance than the upper.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Not that I had a super-extensive dating experience, but I dated all types. The only commonality is that they would tolerate me. That limited the scope pretty significantly.

Female, with a pulse.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Rupp's Runt

When I was single, and I was for a long, long time between wife#1 and the lovely woman I am married to now, I liked ALL of the flavors. ALL of them! But I always had an affinity towards Asian women, although the Mediterranean types always piqued my interest as well. I don't know why I have always favored Asian women, because until I went to high school I was never exposed to any Asian females at all. The southern European women I was definitely exposed to because of my Dad's side of the family and their friends.
    There is just something about Asian women, especially Filipina women that is just so alluring and beautiful. JMHO.
    MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Female
    Homophobe.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

An interesting question

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    with a pulse.
    Picky.

My wife won't let me have a type.

An interesting question

More on the petite side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Bombino

An interesting question

My type has always been small, petite, kinda mousy/nerdy girls with a strong wit. Race doesn't matter, I've dated across the board.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Well, to be honest I am kind of picky.
    Petite brunette's with blue eyes and a killer southern accent, sharp as a tack and compassionate as all get out just about does it.
    That also, describes Grammy from the ground up.
    I am a lucky man...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

The type that were not picky
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

For me, its easier to say what I don't like

1) red heads. Not a fan of chicks that have heat misers hair
    2) radicals, especial liberals. Some say political beliefs should not affect beauty. IMO nothing could be farther from the truth. I find far right,or I guess very vocal righties as unattractive as liberals.
    3) bony chicks. I don't find somebody who looks like Karen Carpenter attractive
    4) giant boobs or a jumbo trunk. I find esthetics in proportions.
    5) tattoos, bad teeth or breath or B.O.
    Last edited by Doc; 01-08-2017 at 01:26 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Fab Five

Doc, do you know what Karen Carpenter and Mama Cass Elliott have in common?

But for a ham sandwich they would both be alive today.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Doc, do you know what Karen Carpenter and Mama Cass Elliott have in common?

But for a ham sandwich they would both be alive today.

Looking back, I tended to go more for women who are girl-next-door types. Mary Anns more than Gingers. Physically, not afraid to own their curves but were physically active, too. As far as personality: funny, sweet, smart, no games.

And no lawyers! I was so happy my girlfriend (who eventually became Mrs. BEvans) was not a law student or really interested in the law in any way. I couldn't imagine dating a fellow law student (or lawyer). Just...too much.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Rupp's Runt

Definitely Mary Ann over Ginger. In fact, she pretty much nails it for me.

My type = HOT