Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Exercise, fitness, weight, calories, and overall health: Christmas Eve 2016-until

Exercise, fitness, weight, calories, and overall health: Christmas Eve 2016-until

216.7 slow going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

211.0. Knew I was going up. Need that to stop.

Exercise, fitness, weight, calories, and overall health: Christmas Eve 2016-until

208.8. Headed back down. Don't I look great?

217.2 not bad for literally not moving for four days last week...unless coughing, sneezing and blowing my nose counts for moving.

Still not going in the direction I'd like. Might have to find 300 calories to eliminate. I had hoped to be at 215 by months end.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Down 115 pounds and 35 to goal weight.

I'm keeping Receipts!!

Wow! Just wow!!

Niki, why are you posting your high school graduation pictures?

Great work. You look terrific.

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Wow! Just wow!!

My thoughts exactly, just stunning!

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uklandrn View Post
    Down 115 pounds and 35 to goal weight.

Keep it up and you're going to have to run around in the shower to get wet!!

207.0. It's funny how the weight sometimes comes off more easily. Recently, I have had occasion to have doughnuts, muffin tops from a local bakery, and other goodies around the house due to various circumstances including birthdays and the like.

I have indulged, but I have taken extraordinary steps to to make sure that my calorie intake for the day stays under my goal. For example, I am making the "cardinal" sin after having two large doughnuts at breakfast of skipping lunch.

I drink a lot of water, have some coffee, and go running in 90 degree weather and it saps my appetite for lunch anyway. I'm sure I'm violating all of the rules related to your metabolism and all that, but it is working for me just focusing on the calories, rather than the type of calories or the timing of the calorie intake.

Re: Exercise, fitness, weight, calories, and overall health: Christmas Eve 2016-until

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Niki, why are you posting your high school graduation pictures?

Great work. You look terrific.
    Thanks for the sweet compliment. Truthfully I don't think I looked this good in high school - but in my defense it was the 80's and aqua net was very important then!
    I am now 30 pounds from goal - just wish I could make certain places tone up at will.
    I'm keeping Receipts!!

27 pounds til goal weight!!

I'm keeping Receipts!!

m

Closer to my goal everyday!

I'm keeping Receipts!!

Keep it going, Niki. This last part will be tough, but you have already come so far... Great job.

Smoke'n !!!!

Jeez, now I've gone backwards from 216 to 219 again... it's gotta be the sodium and holding fluids.

I'm still trying to stay in the 1500-2000 calories/ per day range with very little sweets.

The one thing I haven't been doing is regular exercise. That may need to change to get going in the right direction again.

Jeez, now I've gone backwards from 216 to 219 again... it's gotta be the sodium and holding fluids.

I'm still trying to stay in the 1500-2000 calories/ per day range with very little sweets.

The one thing I haven't been doing is regular exercise. That may need to change to get going in the right direction again.

If you've been sub-2000 calories a number of days in a row (1-2+ weeks), you might try ramping up one day to 2600 or so, and exercise that day for possible metabolism boosts. Then return for 7-10 days of sub-2k calorie intake.

I'm just sorta stuck in this 207-208 range. But the reason is I'm doing well 3 or 4 days and not doing well the other days. Not awful, but not good. I'm going to try to get a little more consistent and see if I can get under 200.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    If you've been sub-2000 calories a number of days in a row (1-2+ weeks), you might try ramping up one day to 2600 or so, and exercise that day for possible metabolism boosts. Then return for 7-10 days of sub-2k calorie intake.

I'm just sorta stuck in this 207-208 range. But the reason is I'm doing well 3 or 4 days and not doing well the other days. Not awful, but not good. I'm going to try to get a little more consistent and see if I can get under 200.
    Thanks for the tip. Should be easy to ramp up the calories for a day, it's the exercise that's the hard part. It's just so hot, when I hit the door I get real lazy. I'm only working outside doing yard work maybe two days a week. I'd like to get down to 210 and kind of hanging there going into the eating season Oct-Dec.

Thanks for the tip. Should be easy to ramp up the calories for a day, it's the exercise that's the hard part. It's just so hot, when I hit the door I get real lazy. I'm only working outside doing yard work maybe two days a week. I'd like to get down to 210 and kind of hanging there going into the eating season Oct-Dec.

My meager weight loss pales to Nikki's achievements...

My first time wearing shorts in 8 years. I'm down another 2 pounds and these finally fit and I wore them OUTSIDE!! I know it's not a big deal for you but it's huge for me!!! Only 39 pounds to hit my new target.

I'm keeping Receipts!!

Re: Exercise, fitness, weight, calories, and overall health: Christmas Eve 2016-until

Looking terrific. What a great, successful journey!

Outstanding on every level!!

Guys, do you know a fat-burning exercise for asthmatic people?

Rupp's Runt
    Higher intensity workouts with short intervals has helped my brother's asthma a lot. Weight is not an issue for him.

As far as fat burning, I would think you work out just as anyone else while learning your limitations.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Somebody, or everybody remind me again why I'm drinking apple vinegar with the mother.

I am now down another couple pounds - so I am 32 pounds away from my goal. No new pictures to post - I think you guys have seen enough of my ugly mug on here for a while. Just hoping to hit my goal in the next 3 months.
    I'm keeping Receipts!!

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Losing weight is very hard. To all my fellow Cat fans congrats on your progress. I have been going back up with current job and torn acl.

Trying to get back focused. Drink water that is so important.

Fab Five

Since I have been on this trip around the country my regular exercise has gone on hiatus. Instead of my 50-60 miles a week on the bicycle I am doing zero.

I am desperate for serious exercise over the next two weeks. This past Tues however I did manage 10 miles on a rented bike in Reno. I walk just about everywhere I did over 15 miles last weekend in San Francisco including 5 miles over the Golden Gate Bridge. I walk frm the train station tomthe hotel, if it is under 5 miles. And I have cut back to one meal a day plus one snack.

Still I believe I am gaining weight. I dont want to face the scale when I get home. I am sure I have wiped out any improvements over the last 10 months. It is especially disappointing since my annual physical is in Aug.
    Last edited by MickintheHam; 07-27-2017 at 06:23 PM.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Since I have been on this trip around the country my regular exercise has gone on hiatus. Instead of my 50-60 miles a week on the bicycle I am doing zero.

I am desperate for serious exercise over the next two weeks. This past Tues however I did manage 10 miles on a rented bike in Reno. I walk just about everywhere I did over 15 miles last weekend in San Francisco including 5 miles over the Golden Gate Bridge. I walk frm the train station tomthe hotel, if it is under 5 miles. And I have cut back to one meal a day plus one snack.

Still I believe I am gaining weight. I dont want to face the scale when I get home. I am sure I have wiped out any improvements over the last 10 months. It is especially disappointing since my annual physical is in Aug.
    I am concerned you are not getting enough calories for the amount of calories you are expending. If you don't take in enough and you are doing so much walking you might have sent your body into a survival mode where everything you eat is being stored because your body is afraid you are starving. Try upping your caloric intake by 500 cals or so. I bet you start to see a drop in weight. That is just my 2 cents - and you don't have to take it -but I have noticed when I don't eat enough I don't lose anything. when I increase my intake I lose. Just food for thought. (no pun intended)
    I'm keeping Receipts!!

Just returned from a vacation. I ran 4 miles a day (well, 20 total since I did not run the day I traveled). Played/swam in the ocean. Played 18 holes of foot golf (you walk the entire regulation golf course).

And gained 4 pounds.