Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Exercise, fitness, weight, calories, and overall health: Christmas Eve 2016-until

Exercise, fitness, weight, calories, and overall health: Christmas Eve 2016-until

I started putting cinnamon on my breakfast apple slices. We'll see Tuesday if it's supposed magical weight loss powers work.

I am watching calories, cinnamon apples (1/2 Apple) and Oikos triple zero yogurt for breakfast... 220cals

Nature valley protein bar for lunch with some kind of zero calorie beverage...190cals

Dinner whatever in a reasonable size portion usually comes in around 800 caps.

Night time snack if any 100-300 cal popcorn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

That looks like a great dietary plan, blueboss. Your calories look like they are in the just about perfect range for losing weight at a reasonable rate.

Exercise, fitness, weight, calories, and overall health: Christmas Eve 2016-until

I just added the apple vinegar concoction. That stuff is flat out nasty!!! Couldn't I just use apple vinegar to make coke slaw and eat that a couple times a day.... cabbage would also provide roughage.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I just added the apple vinegar concoction. That stuff is flat out nasty!!! Couldn't I just use apple vinegar to make coke slaw and eat that a couple times a day.... cabbage would also provide roughage.

1 tsp in a full glass. Gotta make sure it is diluted. I like it. But the glass is a good 12 oz of water and a few ice cubes.

Oh, but yeah, it can be on anything. I tried it once on a salad and it was fine.

Re: Exercise, fitness, weight, calories, and overall health: Christmas Eve 2016-until

206.4 this morning. Lost 5 pounds in a month, 9 in two months, so it has definitely slowed down to about 1 lb a week (recently, probably even less than that), even though theoretically I'm on a 1½-2lb loss per week calorie type plan.

Here we go again back up to 218, from 215.2.

Man this is disheartening! I was continuing to lose 1-2 lbs a week until the last couple of weeks.

My calorie count really hasn't wavered and I have managed to stay off the sweets... with the exception of a few warhead sour jelly beans here and there.

....again I hope it's water weight.

Man!! I was shooting for 213 by next weigh in. I'm heading to the beach next week and I know what I'll be eating down there. While on vacation I never concern myself with dieting. Two weeks of vacation eating it's hard telling what I'll weigh in at when I get back.

Oh well.... damn!!!I hate going backwards.

Up to 208.6. I knew it would be bad. Birthdays, graduation events, work lunches, traveling and eating has been poor.

Not sure what I'm at these days. There's no scale at the condo and I've been tearing up some seafood. Probably going to McGuire's tonight for a big fat steak.

Re: Exercise, fitness, weight, calories, and overall health: Christmas Eve 2016-until

I've become very comfortable with my idea of dieting. Just get used to long stretches of being consistent with it, and then go off the wagon a day, two days, maybe even a week. But then return. I almost think it helps the body a little. Doesn't allow it to get used to operating on those lower calories, so the metabolism stays up.

Graduation party last night for a girl going to LSU, parents from Houma (south Louisiana), and those Cajuns cook. She actually owned a bakery (mainly cupcakes, but anything, really). So the cooking was crazy good (although the "main" event was a crawfish boil, which I couldn't eat due to shellfish allergy).

Me? I ate before I left so I could control what I had. My calories were spent with two measly lite beers. Avoided the cakes, cupcakes, bread pudding, and everything else that looked great. Came home and ate an apple cinnamon nutrigrain bar with 120 calories. Oh well.

207.2 this morning. Worth it.

Next week my daughter graduates. SEC baseball tournament. In-laws in town. I'll eat poorly, but then re-set afterward.

Oh--and for those of us who do not "naturally" drink a lot of water, and sort of have to train ourselves to do it--I have two recommendations.

1. Buy some version of a Yeti-type tumbler. Walmart sells their brand for about $10. Bought my wife a RTIC one for about $10-12. I have a Yeti that kids bought me for Father's Day last year, or else I wouldn't have spent the money on it, and they chemically etched my initials in it so I couldn't return it. Darn kids. Anyway, put some amount of ice in it--you can fill it up if you want, but you really don't need to fill it with ice, as it stays cold forever, and you'll always have cold water around.

2. To me, this 2nd one is key. Buy a metal straw. I was not a fan of them, and finally decided to try (somewhere there's a discussion of this). You drink more water because you're not gulping in as much air with each "drink." It's way more efficient. The straws are cheap; you can generally get a set of 4 to 6 for about $10, too.

With those two things, I have a 30oz tumbler that I typically refill at least once a day. And remember, I'm also drinking three 12-oz glasses of water with apple cider vinegar in a separate glass each day. Part of the 30oz is ice, so it's not quite 60 + 72 oz, but it's significant. Helps keep the metabolism up, helps keep you hydrated for general health, helps keep you somewhat full so you don't snack on crap stuff (which I am awful at doing), etc.

If I just had # 1, I wouldn't drink nearly as much. Same if I just had # 2. But having both have helped me.

I'm on the way home from vacation, upon arrival I will officially start all over...

Big Bobs and Dreamland were worth the lbs.

Last edited by blueboss; 05-20-2017 at 03:01 PM.

Fab Five

I have dropped 14 pounds in the last 9 months with no concerted effort at dieting, other than to watch how much I eat. Big breakfast and minimal food at dinner and supper. In the last 4 weeks I have ridden the bike just over 235 miles. I hope to keep that up through June and then take a break for my cross country Amtrak trip.

I attribute the weight loss to appetite suppressant as I lost the weight in the first five months. The bike work has mostly been adding muscle in the arms and legs and hopefully improved cardiadic health.
    Last edited by MickintheHam; 05-20-2017 at 08:10 PM.
    Real Fan since 1958

I do exactly the opposite on when I eat more, which bucks the normal protocol of eating substantively early to get the metabolism going. Just works for me. Breakfast is between 120-210 calories. Always some combination of boiled eggs, instant oatmeal with a teaspoon of peanut butter, instant grits, and a banana. Not many combinations work there, but I don't really require that much variety. Lunch is the same, but usually flip the switch on breakfast and have the opposite. Today I will have oatmeal for lunch because I had 2 boiled eggs for breakfast.

The problem I have is late afternoon. I would like to eat an early dinner, as I am well hungry by 5:30, but dinner at my house is normally closer to 6:30. So I tend to start to eat junk.

What has helped in that vein is having boiled eggs handy, since one is about 60 calories and filling, and I have recently started picking up a snack I love, those beef steak things that are similar to jerky, but not as tough. Flavorful, and for 1 oz., pretty satiating, but only 50 calories.

I have changed my "bad" snack habits, too. I used to be able to sit and eat a "row" of cookies while snacking. Now if I'm bad, it's 3 chips ahoy. Tolerable.

I desperately need to start back exercising, which I haven't done. I am jealous of that terrific bike riding. Fun, get out and see and experience things, and great exercise. Maybe some day, but not soon.

Not as bad as I thought it would be 220.4... I made it to 215 and change then crept back up to 218 before I left for vacation. After two weeks at the beach and feasting on Alabama BBQ and seafood 220 isn't too bad.

I need to get back on track with diet and exercise to start losing again. So as I recuperate from vacation I'll start getting back in exercise shape, followed by calorie counting.

218.8, going back in the right direction.

Afraid to step on the scales for awhile.

I am currently down 106 pounds since October 14, 2016. I am 44 pounds from my goal weight - but I am totally thrilled with my current weight loss.
    I'm keeping Receipts!!

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by uklandrn View Post
    I am currently down 106 pounds since October 14, 2016. I am 44 pounds from my goal weight - but I am totally thrilled with my current weight loss.
    That's incredible! Great work. Soon you will have to focus on transferring to maintenance eating. I call this dieting phase II. It is just as hard as dieting at first, because you are so used to losing that it is hard to find that balance. Good luck to you.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Holy moly!! Great job!!! I am embarrassed to post my paltry weight loss numbers.

What is your secret? What does your diet consist of?

You are an inspiration...

Last edited by blueboss; 06-02-2017 at 01:29 AM.

Fab Five

Great work!

I rewarded myself last week and bought a new bike. I am totally thrilled with it and wish I had done so sooner. My old bike I bought about 7 years ago was after a stroke and wanted something with wider tires and lower center of gravity. But, after getting my rides up over 50 miles a week I decided to get a hybrid/urban type cycle. And, Cannondale had a bike with which I fell in love. My top speeds are up to about 18 miles an hour and average 11 in the city. That includes waiting at the traffic signals. I am anxious to take to the Chief Lidiga trail next week to see what I can do on a trail with minimal road crossings.
    Real Fan since 1958

I upped the protein and cut the portions and basically stopped eating sweets. Of course I had gastric sleeve in October - so I cannot eat very much at a time. I try to get some sort of exercise everyday - but being a nurse I do a lot of working everyday. Thank you for the acknowlegement - I am so much closer to my goal weight than I ever thought I'd be.
    I'm keeping Receipts!!

207.2 this morning. I bounced back up awhile, with plays, family in, graduation, etc. but settling back into the routine. I keep breakfast and lunch at 200 calories or less (low is 120, high is 208), and mostly eat what I want for dinner. I have adopted these beef jerky type snacks that are pretty satiating at 50-80 calories each that I will eat for a snack, and back to 3x per day of the apple cider vinegar water.

I'd like to get under 200 before the summer is over, and preferably by July, but that probably won't happen.

I upped the protein and cut the portions and basically stopped eating sweets. Of course I had gastric sleeve in October - so I cannot eat very much at a time. I try to get some sort of exercise everyday - but being a nurse I do a lot of working everyday. Thank you for the acknowlegement - I am so much closer to my goal weight than I ever thought I'd be.
    You are doing fantastic, Niki....very inspirational. Despite your hard work, I also know that lifestyle is tough, and easy to eat the wrong kind of foods, etc.

If it makes you feel better D, your current weight is pretty much my goal weight.

I had a good stretch of weight loss, but that's gone now. Too much stress, too many carbs, not enough exercise. When I cut out the carbs that weight goes away.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

218.... trying to get back to 215.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    If it makes you feel better D, your current weight is pretty much my goal weight.

I had a good stretch of weight loss, but that's gone now. Too much stress, too many carbs, not enough exercise. When I cut out the carbs that weight goes away.
    It's just tough. You're not as old as I am, but you hit a certain age anywhere near our age, and it just takes more (or I should say, a lot less). Used to be I could skip lunch and go run and lose 5 pounds (and not water loss), I used to joke only half kiddingly. Now the exercise means little to my weight loss, and deviating from an established calorie intake plan means the weight not only doesn't go down, it freakin goes up. Just very difficult.

Down 111 pounds now. 39 pounds to my goal!! I am really excited about it even though I am still classified overweight - I am no longer in the Obese category!! I actually have to go sometime and get some clothes that fit me because right now I am wearing a bunch of things that are much too large - but that is perfectly ok with me. I am just happy to not be embarrassed to leave my house anymore.
    I'm keeping Receipts!!

Fantastic, Niki. Way to go!