Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Exercise, fitness, weight, calories, and overall health: Christmas Eve 2016-until

Well, so far I'm pretty disappointed with my first week of no sweets. I haven't budged from 229. I'm hoping it's taking a minute for my metabolism to start making the change.

I'm still doing 40 minutes five days a week on my gazelle which I usually burn about 700-900 calories each session depending on how hard I go.

I'm not dieting other than no sweets, however I am watching calories. I'm trying to stay between 1000-1500 calories which I'm pretty sure I'm usually coming in around 1000/day.

I think I'm going to stick to my routine for another week, if it doesn't start moving I'm going to have to make a "tweak".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Exercise, fitness, weight, calories, and overall health: Christmas Eve 2016-until

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post

I'm still doing 40 minutes five days a week on my gazelle which I usually burn about 700-900 calories each session depending on how hard I go.

I'm not dieting other than no sweets, however I am watching calories. I'm trying to stay between 1000-1500 calories which I'm pretty sure I'm usually coming in around 1000/day.
    That net calorie intake is going to take the weight off insanely fast. Faster than I can imagine could possibly be healthy. If it isn't for some reason, I would say go see a doctor sooner rather than later. Getting on a physician supervised program has really helped me.

211.8 this morning. Happy with the progress, until I look in a mirror.

Re: Exercise, fitness, weight, calories, and overall health: Christmas Eve 2016-until

232 (-28) this morning on my own scale. I have an appointment with the doctor (as against a weigh-in with a nurse) tomorrow morning. Hopefully I'll still be here or lower.

Darrell, your progress is amazing. I wish mine were still going that fast. But I'll get there. When I get to where you are now, I'll figure I'm about done.

Exercise, fitness, weight, calories, and overall health: Christmas Eve 2016-until

Tuesday weigh in, I came in at 226.2. Finally got off of the 229, as suspected it took a bit for my metabolism to start going in the right direction.

I got the Epizootic or something late last week so I got off of the exercise machine starting last Thursday. Whatever I had zapped my energy and I had body aches for two days along with sinus congestion. Still not tip top so I'm taking the week off from exercise... bad news, I kept my appetite, but the fast on sweets is starting to pay off.

Still trying to stay between 1000 and 1500 calories per day. Even though I've given up sweets I'm watching labels and trying to keep my added sugar intake to under 10grams a day.

Oh those pesky nutrition labels...

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

The doctor's scale this morning says 229. I finally weigh less than my driver's license says I do.

You're not going to like this. Nor do I.

216.0 this morning.

I've had some Chinese food and Mexican food the last two days, and hope that there is some water retention there. But no doubt, I've gained weight. In-laws came in with cakes, desserts of all kinds, etc., and for 5 days, the diet was blown to heck and back. I still thought maybe I would be sort of maintaining status quo, but not even close.

It's a setback, but I'm back in the saddle again, and will work toward getting that down. Really disappointing, because the 210 mark is sort of a milestone for me, and if I got that under 210, I was going to really feel like I had made progress. Now it seems a long way away.

Excellent, blueboss--that's a nice jump start, almost -3 pounds. Big.
    Tuesday weigh in, I came in at 226.2. Finally got off of the 229, as suspected it took a bit for my metabolism to start going in the right direction.

I got the Epizootic or something late last week so I got off of the exercise machine starting last Thursday. Whatever I had zapped my energy and I had body aches for two days along with sinus congestion. Still not tip top so I'm taking the week off from exercise... bad news, I kept my appetite, but the fast on sweets is starting to pay off.

Still trying to stay between 1000 and 1500 calories per day. Even though I've given up sweets I'm watching labels and trying to keep my added sugar intake to under 10grams a day.

Oh those pesky nutrition labels...

What a great thing to see. Well-done, congratulations, elicat.
    Quote Originally Posted by elicat View Post
    The doctor's scale this morning says 229. I finally weigh less than my driver's license says I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    You're not going to like this. Nor do I.

216.0 this morning.

I've had some Chinese food and Mexican food the last two days, and hope that there is some water retention there. But no doubt, I've gained weight. In-laws came in with cakes, desserts of all kinds, etc., and for 5 days, the diet was blown to heck and back. I still thought maybe I would be sort of maintaining status quo, but not even close.

It's a setback, but I'm back in the saddle again, and will work toward getting that down. Really disappointing, because the 210 mark is sort of a milestone for me, and if I got that under 210, I was going to really feel like I had made progress. Now it seems a long way away.
    You'll get it. You've shown you've got the discipline. I've done similar things in the last few weeks, I just haven't gotten on here and owned up to it. Just going back to what has proven to work gets it back off again in a few days.

Bombino

One of the prime reasons for the rise in obesity:

i157bpq7j0ly.jpg
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 03-16-2017 at 01:27 PM.

My wife and I joined as a two-person team this afternoon on "Scale Back Alabama," where the goal is to lose 10 pounds in two months.

My official weigh-in was 235.0 this afternoon. That's wearing clothes, keys in pocket, wallet, etc., so it's about 230, I'd guess, in the morning when I normally weigh the least.

I need to weigh 225 or less in two months. Going to work on it. Ought to be doable, except I haven't lost real weight in a long time.
    Officially weighed "in" at Scale Back Alabama a few minutes ago: 214.6. So my official weight loss was 20.4 pounds since 1-13-2017.

My wife was disappointed that she "only" lost 3 pounds, but she didn't need to lose nearly what I did. At our age, it's tough.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    One of the prime reasons for the rise in obesity:

i157bpq7j0ly.jpg
    That chart is spot on, Pedro. Some of us are old enough where we remember things like the 6½ oz Coca-Cola bottles, as opposed to the 20 oz bottles they send out of vending machines now. Portions for everything have increased in size.

Weigh in Tuesday!! 224 even. Can't complain it's coming off pretty good. I took a week off from exercise due to the epizootic, got back on track Sunday. Started at 20-25 minutes should pick it back up to 30-35 by weeks end.

I found this article and thought it was interesting:

Should 15,000 Steps A Day Be Our New Exercise Target?
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

As for me--I'm here in mid-March and have done very little to move toward my goals so far this year. I start out well on Monday and by the time I get to Thursday I'm slipping, both on diet and exercise.

I tend to do better when (a) I'm accountable to someone and (b) I'm working toward a short-term goal. Mrs. BEvans and I are scheduled to go on a trip to Europe in mid-June. It looked for awhile like it wasn't going to happen, but now it is and so I want to lose as much weight as I can between now and June 16, the day we leave. That's 85 days, or a little over 12 weeks. I figure I can lose 40 pounds in 12 weeks if I exercise 5 days/week and watch what I eat. And it's easier for me in my mind to think "I can do anything for 12 weeks."

So I'm jumping back in this thread with that in mind. I'm going to post daily what my previous day's activity and food intake was (I'm using My Fitness Pal which says I should have an intake of 1,720 calories/day).
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    I found this article and thought it was interesting:

Should 15,000 Steps A Day Be Our New Exercise Target?
    Man....I'm hitting 7,000 steps a day in recent days and feeling pretty good about that, without making extra time for exercise. If I had to move it up to 15k, I'd be toast.

Weigh in Tuesday!! 224 even. Can't complain it's coming off pretty good. I took a week off from exercise due to the epizootic, got back on track Sunday. Started at 20-25 minutes should pick it back up to 30-35 by weeks end.

Nicely done!

And it's easier for me in my mind to think "I can do anything for 12 weeks."
    You nailed my mindset. In fact, I'm struggling a bit more right now with this idea that the "Scale Back Alabama" program is over, or it is for me, since I weighed in, and weighed out already. It was a 10-week deal, and it was sort of a sprint where I could see the finish line.

My "mini-sprint" now is making artificial weight loss goals. My "new" one is to get to 207. I was less than 5 pounds away before a recent hiccup, but I'm back now to about 6 pounds needed. But even that isn't fueling me as much.

I'm going to post daily what my previous day's activity and food intake was (I'm using My Fitness Pal which says I should have an intake of 1,720 calories/day).
    Here's where I find I'm slipping a little. Whereas for a great part of the "Scale Back Alabama" program I entered everything I consumed in my Fitbit food app, I am finding it easy to nab a Hershey's kiss--or six--from the candy bowl, and eat them. Today I went home for lunch--had a bowl of oatmeal and a banana, and called it good--but saw some movie popcorn my wife had brought back from the movie last night. Before I knew it, I had eaten 4 handfuls of popcorn, and as I sit here now, realize I did not enter that in my consumption (I will now).

I have begun the rationalization process. "You're usually at 1100-1300 calories, so big deal if you miss a 100-calorie treat or something, you're still good."

I think that's a mistake as I sit here now. Maybe I'm not missing 100 calories, I'm missing 200, or 300 that way. And maybe instead of 1100-1300 calories, even without the info I am not inputting, I am underreporting the calories I actually consume. I don't weigh my food, and some of the calories listed for food I consume varies a great deal.

For example, last night, we had spaghetti and meatballs. Try looking that up on the Fitbit food menu app. There are ten tons of spaghetti and meatball entries on it and the calories vary widely. I took a medium range one, and called it good, but I don't know if I underreported, or overreported.

I figure in the long run it's probably ok to miss here or there. But I don't need to miss daily.

We had dinner guests last night. Mrs boss did a pork tenderloin thingy she does in the slow cooker. That comes with potatoes and onions, then she had corn on the side...oh yeah, plus a tossed salad with fresh rolls.

That's all I had all day besides my morning yogurt and fresh fruit (fresh pineapple). Anyway I felt like I way over did it since that's the biggest meal I've eaten in a while.. plus no exercise, it was too late after everyone left.

We'll see what impact that has on weigh in day next Tuesday.

Bombino

We had dinner guests last night. Mrs boss did a pork tenderloin thingy she does in the slow cooker. That comes with potatoes and onions, then she had corn on the side...oh yeah, plus a tossed salad with fresh rolls.

That's all I had all day besides my morning yogurt and fresh fruit (fresh pineapple). Anyway I felt like I way over did it since that's the biggest meal I've eaten in a while.. plus no exercise, it was too late after everyone left.

We'll see what impact that has on weigh in day next Tuesday.

Don't be surprised if you see a huge spike. A lot of carbs there will result in some water retention. After a couple of days of going back to normal eating you will see the water weight drop off.

Tuesday weigh in, 222.7. I looked back on my fitbit app, and last year at this time I was at 221.

213.2 this morning.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Looks like I will meet my goal of 223 by end of March...unless I start going backwards the rest of this week.

I'm going to shoot for 215 by the end of April. Gonna be tough, the first 10 lbs are usually the easiest, the next 10 will require some discipline.

211.4. Gotta get it under 210.

Looks like I will meet my goal of 223 by end of March...unless I start going backwards the rest of this week.

I'm going to shoot for 215 by the end of April. Gonna be tough, the first 10 lbs are usually the easiest, the next 10 will require some discipline.

A little backwards is OK if it's one step backwards, two steps forward. At least I keep telling myself that lol.

A little backwards is OK if it's one step backwards, two steps forward. At least I keep telling myself that lol.
    I was 222 flat Friday evening, coming in under by one pound for my March goal.

Shooting for 215 by end of April. I'll have to work at it to make that lofty goal..... no more late night snacks.

Prolly won't get off to a very good start either. Ms boss says we're having spaghetti and meat balls tonight.

Well - I had gastric sleeve surgery in October 2016. I was very, very fat and am not inclined to actually post my original weight on here - but anyway - since my surgery I have lost right at 93 pounds. I have about 65 more to lose to hit my goal weight - and if you look at me I am in no way thin - but I am very proud of my loss to this point. My activity level has improved, as has my self esteem, and my confidence. I no longer feel like a hypocrite teaching health promotion things to my patients. Weight loss is hard no matter how old you are. It is harder for women just due to our biology. It is especially hard for middle age women like me! (I can't believe I just called myself middle aged when I feel about 17 most of the time.) Congratulations to all of you for all the hard work you have put in. Hope that this time in 6 months I will have hit my target weight and I may even post a picture where I am wearing something besides scrubs!!
    I'm keeping Receipts!!

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by uklandrn View Post
    Well - I had gastric sleeve surgery in October 2016. I was very, very fat and am not inclined to actually post my original weight on here - but anyway - since my surgery I have lost right at 93 pounds. I have about 65 more to lose to hit my goal weight - and if you look at me I am in no way thin - but I am very proud of my loss to this point. My activity level has improved, as has my self esteem, and my confidence. I no longer feel like a hypocrite teaching health promotion things to my patients. Weight loss is hard no matter how old you are. It is harder for women just due to our biology. It is especially hard for middle age women like me! (I can't believe I just called myself middle aged when I feel about 17 most of the time.) Congratulations to all of you for all the hard work you have put in. Hope that this time in 6 months I will have hit my target weight and I may even post a picture where I am wearing something besides scrubs!!
    That is really great news! I'm very very proud of you! Weight-loss surgery has some of the best outcomes of all forms of weightloss. It still requires a lot of strict dilligence through out your life but has by far the highest rate of success and the best results at resetting hormonal issues that can make long term weight-loss much more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by uklandrn View Post
    Well done, Niki--keep up the good work. It is very hard for women, even more difficult than for me. And for some of us who have reached a certain age where our metabolism doesn't help us any more, even more difficult. You can do everything right and still not lose. It's tough.

Keep up the good fight!

I forgot my Tuesday weigh in post...made it to 220.6.

My new thing is no snacks after 1900.