Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Re: Exercise, fitness, weight, calories, and overall health: Christmas Eve 2016-until

Saw this tweet from Kyle Tucker and thought of this thread:

Kyle Tucker‏
    @KyleTucker_SEC

Today is a month since I've had any bread, dairy or added sugar. I'm also down to one* Diet Coke per day. And I've lost 22 pounds in that time. It's pretty crazy what not shoveling processed garbage into your pie hole every couple of hours will do.

* Sometimes that is a 44oz DC

10:42 AM - 25 Jan 2018

https://twitter.com/KyleTucker_SEC/s...52933256163328
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Weighed in at Scale Back Alabama, where they encourage two-person teams to lose 10 pounds in 8 weeks. My wife and I signed up, as we did last year as well.

It was the start of my diet and exercise program last year, and will do it again this year. I had a really good nine and a half months and then poor the next 3+. Overall down from where I started last year, so I am hopeful it will be 2 steps forward, 1 step back again this year.

Day 1. Been up since 4. Two scrambled eggs, cup of Steel cut oatmeal. No cookies last night or dessert. Apple cider vinegar in 12 oz water, 2nd 12 oz water finished.

Re: Exercise, fitness, weight, calories, and overall health: Christmas Eve 2016-until

Week 4: lost 4.2 pounds, down 9.6 total. Walked the dog every day & got in 4 workouts.

Did a better job making good choices on the weekend, which helped. Also down a notch on the belt, which is always a good feeling.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Outstanding BEvans.

Have lost a little, not enough to mention, since Friday. May weigh-in each Friday and report for the next 8 weeks, since that's the length of the "Scale Back Alabama" thing. Even though I know diet is the key, I need to add back my exercise, too. It all works together.

230 Pounds and slowly dropping...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Exercise, fitness, weight, calories, and overall health: Christmas Eve 2016-until

You guys are doing great, on the other hand I inched over the 225 mark to 227. I have not done any type of dieting but I am exercising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blueboss; 02-01-2018 at 04:51 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Exercise, fitness, weight, calories, and overall health: Christmas Eve 2016-until

I’m down 4 more pounds. Not at my original goal but seriously I’m happy what I’ve accomplished so far. If I stay this size forever I will not complain.

I'm keeping Receipts!!

217.6 this morning, down 5.0 pounds one day short of 3 weeks (tomorrow will be 3 weeks).

Quote Originally Posted by uklandrn View Post
    I’m down 4 more pounds. Not at my original goal but seriously I’m happy what I’ve accomplished so far. If I stay this size forever I will not complain.

You should be extremely happy. You've done great.

Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    217.6 this morning, down 5.0 pounds one day short of 3 weeks (tomorrow will be 3 weeks).
    Excellent, Darrell.

When I'm 217.6 I'll be....way down from where I am now. It's all relative.

Week 5: I lost 1.8 pounds, down 11.4 total. Walked the dog every day, got in 4 workouts. Another wobbly couple of days in the middle of the week not eating what I should, but got back on track.

If I can lose at this current pace I will have lost about 45 pounds before our anniversary trip in May, so I'm using that for short-term motivation. That airline seat on the long-haul flight to London will be a lot more comfortable, and it will be a lot easier to move around while touring the city.

If you shoot for 45, and it ends up being 30-35, call that a huge win, BEvans. I'm not trying to lower expectations or your drive, just making sure you understand that even a bit short of the goal is a tremendous accomplishment, too.

If you shoot for 45, and it ends up being 30-35, call that a huge win, BEvans. I'm not trying to lower expectations or your drive, just making sure you understand that even a bit short of the goal is a tremendous accomplishment, too.
    Absolutely, Darrell, and I'm trying to keep that in mind as I do this. If this were a previous attempt I would've had a bad couple of days, quit and gone back to old habits. It also helps participating in this thread for accountability and encouragement.

I am happy. Today I ate a brownie. I was sad thinking about the anniversary of my dad’s death and said oh what the heck. I don’t do that often but it was good!!

I'm keeping Receipts!!

Holding steady at 230...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

217.2 this morning, and that was after going out to eat last night. Pleased with that. I know it can fluctuate, but I viewed that as a good sign to be down another 0.4 in a few days.

Gotta start exercising again to help the diet.

$198.95.

Thats what my daughter spent this morning in New Orleans on King Cakes she brought back with her. I think she bought 8. We get 3, but one goes to my daughter in college.

It won't be good for my diet.

$198.95.

Thats what my daughter spent this morning in New Orleans on King Cakes she brought back with her. I think she bought 8. We get 3, but one goes to my daughter in college.

It won't be good for my diet.
    I struggle with special occasions. On one hand, it can be an excuse for me to engage in old habits and overindulge. OTOH, food can be an important part of special occasions and trying to completely abstain can be...odd.

I try to stick with an idea of moderation, but then I think: if I have a problem with food--like a real problem--can one be moderate? How do I know if I have a real problem, one that makes abstention the only solution? Substitute "alcohol" for "food", in other words. Can one be moderate with alcohol if they have a real problem with it?

These are the things I still think about. At this point moderation is working for me. If it ends up not working, I may need to address the question again.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    I struggle with special occasions. On one hand, it can be an excuse for me to engage in old habits and overindulge. OTOH, food can be an important part of special occasions and trying to completely abstain can be...odd.

I try to stick with an idea of moderation, but then I think: if I have a problem with food--like a real problem--can one be moderate? How do I know if I have a real problem, one that makes abstention the only solution? Substitute "alcohol" for "food", in other words. Can one be moderate with alcohol if they have a real problem with it?

These are the things I still think about. At this point moderation is working for me. If it ends up not working, I may need to address the question again.
    As I gazed at the King Cake this morning (and I went home at lunch, and saw it again), I thought about this. "Everything in moderation" is a staple of some people, some religions, some diets, some everything. But would a 1" slice of King Cake satisfy me, or just make me want more?

I'd like an 6" "hunk" if I had my druthers, or at least a 4" slice. It's easier for me to refrain than to have any, so moderation *does not* work for me, in general.

If I get to the point where I'm ready for a "cheat day" to run up the calories, then fine--go for it. But until then, it's just hard for me. I've just eliminated all desserts since beginning the diet, as well as all snacks (other than nuts or prunes).

As I gazed at the King Cake this morning (and I went home at lunch, and saw it again), I thought about this. "Everything in moderation" is a staple of some people, some religions, some diets, some everything. But would a 1" slice of King Cake satisfy me, or just make me want more?

I'd like an 6" "hunk" if I had my druthers, or at least a 4" slice. It's easier for me to refrain than to have any, so moderation *does not* work for me, in general.

If I get to the point where I'm ready for a "cheat day" to run up the calories, then fine--go for it. But until then, it's just hard for me. I've just eliminated all desserts since beginning the diet, as well as all snacks (other than nuts or prunes).
    Yeah, but by not eating a big ole hunk of the king cake you have no shot at getting the baby... in fact, the larger the piece the more you increase your odds of getting the prize.

So really, the question is, how important is to have an entire year of good health and prosperity ? One little piece of cake is a small price to pay...just say’n.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Daggone it I have hit a wall; 230 and holding...

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Yeah, but by not eating a big ole hunk of the king cake you have no shot at getting the baby... in fact, the larger the piece the more you increase your odds of getting the prize.

So really, the question is, how important is to have an entire year of good health and prosperity ? One little piece of cake is a small price to pay...just say’n.

If you get the baby, you have to buy the new King cake. In my family, we swallow it instead of admitting we got it.

Week 6: Lost 2.4 pounds, down 13.8 total. I'd be thrilled if I could lose like that every week, but I know there will be ups and downs. Walked the dog 5 days + got in another 4 longer walks. Starting to stretch it out a bit, going out about 40 minutes or so at a time.

Valentine's Day, and Mrs. BEvans and I are going out to one of our favorite places and probably eating one of our favorite meals which is basically heart attack on a plate. Trying to neutralize that a bit with a smaller portion and a salad. The moderation thing we discussed.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 02-14-2018 at 09:44 AM.

Week 7: Lost 3.6 pounds, down 17.4 total. Starting to up my exercise amount/intensity and I think that's helping. Also not feeling cravings for my old junk food crutches as much now that I'm out of some bad eating habits.

Life for me is fairly low-stress right now (knock on wood). Makes it easier to stay on track. I tend to respond to stress by eating bad stuff and vegging out, which is the exact wrong thing for me to do. I'm trying to be ready for that and respond appropriately.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 02-21-2018 at 08:29 AM.

The wall is winning; 234 pounds.
    What the heck...

Down a couple more pounds. Coming off more slowly than before but I’m still happy with my results.

I'm keeping Receipts!!

I'm keeping Receipts!!

Outstanding!! Keep up the good work, but don’t whittle away to nothing.