Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Re: Exercise, fitness, weight, calories, and overall health: Christmas Eve 2016-until

I was at 220.4 last week before my Dad passed, but a week's worth of not exercising, and just eating whatever has pushed me back to 224.

Re: Exercise, fitness, weight, calories, and overall health: Christmas Eve 2016-until

221.4 today.

I weighed 246 the day before my accident in April. Today I finally got to where I could stand on a scale unassisted and I weigh 218. And I've probably gained 10 pounds or so since coming home in May.

I definitely don't recommend car accidents as a weight-loss method, especially since I'm now trying to rebuild muscle mass & strength in my left hip and leg. But this is the lowest I've been in about 20 years.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    I weighed 246 the day before my accident in April. Today I finally got to where I could stand on a scale unassisted and I weigh 218. And I've probably gained 10 pounds or so since coming home in May.

I definitely don't recommend car accidents as a weight-loss method, especially since I'm now trying to rebuild muscle mass & strength in my left hip and leg. But this is the lowest I've been in about 20 years.
    dude, I feel for you.......

I had a buddy text me that he heard I wreck my car. I said "****the car" and listed all the other stuff that I've been hit with in the last week (deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, aoritc aneurysm, pulmonary infarct. Lupus anticaoggulant syndrome). But compared to you, I am lucky
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Wow, Doc, I didn't know you were in a wreck, too. Take care & get better.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Wow, Doc, I didn't know you were in a wreck, too. Take care & get better.
    Mine is nowhere near as bad as yours. Not in the same hemisphere. I just got a bunch of other unrelated **** going on. Your issues actually do make me feel somewhat lucky, and I'm actually sorry about that because I certain would not wish what is going on with you upon anybody
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Got 2.75 miles in this afternoon. 93°, but 101°in the sun. Glad I stopped.

Ran through Heardmont Park. Had this visitor.

ForumRunner_20180715_181337.jpg

ForumRunner_20180715_181354.jpg

Id like to report my weight is more than holding its own.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Id like to report my weight is more than holding its own.
    lol. Weight is King, cat!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Mine is nowhere near as bad as yours. Not in the same hemisphere. I just got a bunch of other unrelated **** going on. Your issues actually do make me feel somewhat lucky, and I'm actually sorry about that because I certain would not wish what is going on with you upon anybody
    I wouldn't wish what I was immediately post-accident on my worst enemy, but I'm a lot better now. I walk with a walker pushed at a constant rate in front of me, and I make pretty good time--my therapist timed me for 2 minutes a couple of weeks ago and I walked about 350 feet in that time. So while I wish I were walking on my own*, I know it's right around the corner. I'm getting stronger every week and I have an awesome physical therapist who zeroes in on whatever looks weakest right then and we work on that until it's a strength.

So I'm very lucky compared to some. Having been in physical therapy since April, I've had a chance to see fellow patients who are paralyzed, have TBI and little cognitive function, etc. There's always always somebody better off than I am, and there's somebody worse. Me, I get impatient when the little arbitrary deadlines I set for myself don't work out (I wanted to be walking on my own by July 4 and back at work by July 15--not there yet), but I feel blessed that I (a) didn't die, (b) still have my ability to think, talk and express myself and (c) have injuries that will heal in time, thanks to great support from my wife and great insurance that pays for great therapy.

*--Want to see me get misty these days? Show me something on TV that shows people walking down the street, walking on a beach, hiking--just moving around on their own. I want it so bad I can taste it. Good motivation for my exercises I do every day.)
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 07-19-2018 at 02:31 PM.