Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re: Exercise, fitness, weight, calories, and overall health: Christmas Eve 2016-until

223.6 this morning. Need to introduce exercise back into the equation now.

Re: Exercise, fitness, weight, calories, and overall health: Christmas Eve 2016-until

221.8. Working on that 10 pound drop by the middle of March. I weighed in full clothing (except shoes) in the afternoon for the weigh-in, and was 235, and this weigh-in was just in briefs this morning before arising, the lightest i'll weigh in the day, so my guess is that I'm getting close. I want to be at least -15 by then, though, just to eliminate any concerns over temporary weight gain or fluid retention, etc.

Exercise, fitness, weight, calories, and overall health: Christmas Eve 2016-until

Roll on... I'm in my 25-30 minutes a day five days a week mode... working on getting in exercise shape I've managed to drop a couple pounds. I should be able to go 40 minutes per day starting next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

A conference most of last week slowed me way down, though I tried to stay as close to the straight and narrow as I could under the circumstances.

Dr. office check-in this morning showed me at 242, which is -18, and 2" off my waist. Now I'm on "phase 2" of the diet, which doesn't add a lot more calories, but some, and a few menu options. Slowly but surely.

Excellent exercise. I need to incorporate that back into my plan, as I have been solely focused on diet for the last 3 weeks. I thas worked, but will work better with exercise reintroduced.
    Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Roll on... I'm in my 25-30 minutes a day five days a week mode... working on getting in exercise shape I've managed to drop a couple pounds. I should be able to go 40 minutes per day starting next week.

Down 18 is outstanding, elicat. Keep up the great work!
    Quote Originally Posted by elicat View Post
    A conference most of last week slowed me way down, though I tried to stay as close to the straight and narrow as I could under the circumstances.

Dr. office check-in this morning showed me at 242, which is -18, and 2" off my waist. Now I'm on "phase 2" of the diet, which doesn't add a lot more calories, but some, and a few menu options. Slowly but surely.

221.0 this morning. Had a weighing that was less a few days ago, but I knew that was an anomaly.

238, -22 at the doctor this morning. Progress! Waiting to see what "Phase 3" allows or demands.

220.8 for me this morning. Hoping to get under 220 by the weekend...

Rupp's Runt

I don't know what I weigh but I'm down two belt loops the last few weeks.

I need to lose weight, I should weigh about 175 or so, instead I was probably 210/215 a month ago.

I've changed my diet, not so much for the weight but for an issue I have called EoE. So I've cut out bread, dairy, and tomatoes for the most part. Those were a big part of my diet so basically I'm just eating less and replacing some of that with fruit and some salad.

I don't have scales at home, but I'll check when I can and report back.
    Last edited by KentuckyWildcat; 02-08-2017 at 09:39 AM.

Exercise, fitness, weight, calories, and overall health: Christmas Eve 2016-until

I'm still hanging around 231... I'll never catch you guys. Got off of my "getting in shape" schedule last week... back on now, going 30-35 all next week.. maybe make it to 40.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

230.3... I might actually be twenty something by the end of the week...

Rupp's Runt

You can do it Blueboss!

Been a while since I posted in this thread so....

When we started our 21 days of prayer and fasting we decided against the Daniel Fast and went.....Liquid Fast. We did not do the clear liquid fast i.e. you have to see through it. If it is liquid at room temperature then we could have it. I drank a looooootttt. I went to the bathroom aloooooootttt.

We allowed pudding, ice cream, jello, soups (with minor solid things). I never thought I would make it but after the first 4 days it was a lot easier. Also, having someone to do it with you made you accountable. When one of us got weak the other stepped in.

I did take Vitamins and drank several protein shakes along the way. My wife is addicted to Tru-Moo (Protein shake) now.

We both lost around 12 lbs in 21 days. I started at 165.

We've been off of it for 2 1/2 weeks now and I'm still at the same weight so hopefully I can keep it off.

We started playing racquetball (which I hadn't played for 25 years) and it's a lot of fun.

Kevin
    Follow me on Twitter @krcrider

That's a great thing, Kevin, for a lot of reasons. And losing that much weight at your weight? Wow.

218.4 this morning.

What has been good for me is just making sure that I value what I eat.

We had spaghetti last night. But my wife made regular pasta and spaghetti squash, which I chose over the pasta. Throw the sauce on it, and even meatballs make it a low calorie dinner, especially given my low calorie breakfast and lunch.

It's not a liquid diet, but drinking 2-3 apple cider vinegar teaspoons daily (1 per 12 oz water, with a straw) helps. While I am a little hungry sometimes, that really helps to keep me somewhat satiated. I drink my normal 2 cups of coffee in the morning and sometimes get an afternoon cup, sometimes don't, but I also keep my 30 oz Yeti filled with ice water all day. I definitely drink more of it with the metal straws recommended by several people here, and I give that credit for drinking more water. I don't keep count with exactly how much I drink, but I do refill it during the day, just don't pay attention to when or how much.

With 0.4 more pounds, I will be down 15 since starting "Scale Back Alabama," a fun little statewide competition to see if you can lose 10 pounds in two months.

I have one more month to go. I will be pleased with losing 20. (Also, I haven't really lost 15 because I weighed there at my official weigh-in after lunch and I weigh at home in the morning before I start gaining weight.

Darrell you're rolling!!!

I did see the twenties Tuesday at 229.6, but that was in the afternoon after work when I'm at my lowest weight.

I still haven't added any type of diet, and have lost the 5-6 lbs getting back in shape.

I'm going between 35-40 minutes 5 days a week on the machine. I'm almost in good enough shape to start pushing it harder... maybe in another week, after which I'll add some dieting. I'd like to lose another pound or two by the end of February when I'll start the calorie counting more closely

Well, thanks, blueboss--I've had a good start to this. As Pedro told me and others, if you want to lose weight, get out of the kitchen; if you want to get healthy, get into the gym. I just reached the point where trying to lose weight just by being healthy wasn't doing anything for me, to the point where I was actually questioning my health, metabolism, etc. After my regular-every-15-years-doctor-checkup, when my doctor just told me that I needed to forget my plus 2,000 calorie a day normal diet, and go to 1500 and less if I wanted to lose weight--which he said I needed to do, it validated that it was my age that cost me my metabolism and that even with exercising, I was still eating too much.

So I started with the kitchen. If I can get a small project completed this morning, I will head to the gym afterward. I have ten million things on my to do list, but if I can manage just that one, I'll go. I can't start it for another hour, though.

Not much progress for me this week. I've slipped off the strict regimen a couple of times the last few days, just giving in to temptation. A little bourbon last night, a piece of cake at a birthday dinner a few days ago. Also the "phase" I'm on now is less strict, I'm eating quite a bit more calories, including some from fat and carbs, so I guess slower progress is to be expected.

So 236, -24. But my waist size has gone down a half-inch since last week, so that seems good for only having lost two pounds in that time.

Onward and, uh, downward.
    Last edited by elicat; 02-16-2017 at 10:11 AM.

Not much progress for me this week. I've slipped off the strict regimen a couple of times the last few days, just giving in to temptation. A little bourbon last night, a piece of cake at a birthday dinner a few days ago. Also the "phase" I'm on now is less strict, I'm eating quite a bit more calories, including some from fat and carbs, so I guess slower progress is to be expected.

So 236, -24. But my waist size has gone down a half-inch since last week, so that seems good for only having lost two pounds in that time.

Onward and, uh, downward.
    Slower progress is still progress. As long as the trend is that direction, you're doing great!

I saw 228 this morning for my Tuesday weigh in...

215.8 this morning. I will really start feeling better if/when I can drop it under 210.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    215.8 this morning. I will really start feeling better if/when I can drop it under 210.
    Wow!! That's great! I was just thinking I would shoot for 223 by the end of March... of course that all depends on what I am at the end of February. Currently 229.

Ash Wednesday next week, or Phat Tuesday is next week depending on how you look at it.

After a couple of weeks of more travel than not, I finally got back to the doctor for another weigh in. Of course, it's mighty hard to stick to the diet on the road. I'm glad it's no worse than it is; at least I managed to lose 1 more pound: 235, -25, which feels like a milestone.

(One result of the most recent trip is that I might well be moving back to central Kentucky at last, something I've wanted to do and dabbled with and have discussed before on here. I have an offer of a position near Lexington. Have to decide whether to take it.)

After a couple of weeks of more travel than not, I finally got back to the doctor for another weigh in. Of course, it's mighty hard to stick to the diet on the road. I'm glad it's no worse than it is; at least I managed to lose 1 more pound: 235, -25, which feels like a milestone.

(One result of the most recent trip is that I might well be moving back to central Kentucky at last, something I've wanted to do and dabbled with and have discussed before on here. I have an offer of a position near Lexington. Have to decide whether to take it.)
    Good job, elicat. And good luck with the position.

214.0 this morning. Eating a lot of boiled eggs and oatmeal. Drinking a lot of water and apple cider vinegar.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Good job, elicat. And good luck with the position.

214.0 this morning. Eating a lot of boiled eggs and oatmeal. Drinking a lot of water and apple cider vinegar.
    The boiled eggs thing has just about become a form of penance...

The boiled eggs thing has just about become a form of penance...
    It's not my favorite, but I'm now buying them pre boiled and pre peeled from Costco. Has some sort of preservative that keeps them fresh longer. Probably terrible for me, but a lot easier, and if it isn't easy, with my personality, I stop doing it.

Not as tasty as ones I boil myself but a lot easier to peel.

229 yesterday. Lent starts today and so does some semblance of dieting. I stop eating sweets (cookies, cakes, candy, pastries, ice cream, popsicles etc.) I will still allow myself cereal, granola bars, toast w/jelly, and an occasional waffle.

Anyway I usually drop close to 20 pounds during lent.

Bombino
    In case you need more impetus to lose weight: http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health...-finds-n727766

Truthfully, obesity doesn't exactly cause but it's co-causal in many of these. For example many carcinogens are fat soluble and will stay in your fat instead of being excreted by your kidneys. Also, fat produces estrogen (in both men and women) which is why the rates of hormonal cancer in women goes up because it is producing more estrogen. So the excess estrogen causes the cancer, which is produced by the excess fat.

Also, a really good video article from Vox on why controlling your diet is way more important for weight-loss than is exercise:

https://youtu.be/eXTiiz99p9o

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 03-02-2017 at 07:02 PM.

Not sure if this graph will show very well, but this is a guy that every day exceeded 2,000 calories. On February 5, I had 2,167 calories, which is the only time I've approached 2,000 since starting this diet/change of lifestyle eating thing I'm doing. If I ever get down to what normal weight is, I will slowly increase the regular calories, but I don't ever intend to make 2,000+ a norm again. Occasional? Yes. But my metabolism just won't burn it anymore, with or without exercise.

1foodstatsformonth.JPG

To put that in perspective, I'm on a -750 calorie per day plan, where it supposedly calculates a varying number of calories to meet my goal based on my activity for the day. I largely ignore that, although my "plan" is that every so often--every 7-10 days--I'm going to ramp up the calories a little and try to do it on a day when I exercise more as well. But I have been "under" my -750 calorie goal every day except 2 during this plan. Charting my weight loss, it looks pretty darn accurate. I should lose 1.5 pounds per week at that rate, which I thought was a good, moderately safe goal. I'm well under the -750, and losing about 2.0 pounds per week instead.