Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Exercise, fitness, weight, calories, and overall health: Christmas Eve 2016-until

I'm at 219. I am starting to get back into a more regular exercise routine. I'd like to drop 5 lbs by the end of August. Summer is tough on me and my weight management. Crazy food options, random activities disrupting a regular schedule, plus excessive heat that wears you down.

... but hey, most of all summer makes it easier for me to make up excuses of why I let my weight management stagnate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Exercise, fitness, weight, calories, and overall health: Christmas Eve 2016-until

I'm 208.8. I'm not trying hard enough to get it under 200. I'm messing up my breakfast, lunch and snack plans, going too light on them, and absolutely starved when I get home. And since dinner isn't ready by then, I snack--HORRIBLY. Like 8 chocolate chip cookies.

OK, it was just that one time. But man...

I'm trying to get my wife to get us all on an early dinner schedule. Unless I am teaching, I can make my schedule where I can be home by 5 almost any day. My son's soccer training will be at 7 every night with his new season, so he really needs to eat "dinner" when he gets home from school, almost--at least by 4 or 4:30. That would work for me, too.

She is much more in the "I'll start cooking around 5-5:30, and we'll eat around 7" mentality, which I should adjust to--we've been married for 31 years almost, and it hasn't changed much--but I am hoping to change that. I eat breakfast around 6:30 to 8 (just depends on the day), and lunch is usually around noon. I can have a snack like a boiled egg if needed. I can also do the same mid-afternoon, but by 5, I am just starved. That extra 2 hours is a killer for me. I need to eat fruit, or something, I guess, that is healthy and filling--nuts, or whatever. But I'm ready for a full meal type of thing by that point lol.

Exercise, fitness, weight, calories, and overall health: Christmas Eve 2016-until

Today I have officially lost 121 pounds and I'm 29 away from goal. Hope I make it by October - but even if I don't it makes me happy to be losing at a steady rate. Alec informed me today that I've burned over 423000 calories to achieve this amount of weight loss. When I think about it like that it seems incredible.

I'm keeping Receipts!!

This picture was taken Friday night.

I'm keeping Receipts!!

Re: Exercise, fitness, weight, calories, and overall health: Christmas Eve 2016-until

Niki, we may have to ask you to leave. You're classing up the joint too much.

Darrell you can't make me go!!! Lol.

I'm keeping Receipts!!

Stunning!

Me on the other hand... I come home tonight there's a pork shoulder simmering in the slow cooker getting ready to be pulled pork. Then I open the fridge and see a white chocolate raspberry tort, next to a giant bowl of potato salad.

Mrs. boss didn't get the memo on my weight loss goal for August.

Damn!! That cakes good!!!

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Interesting article:

You Literally Can’t Pay Us to Go to the Gym, According to New Study

A new study finds that financial incentives are not enough to motivate people to exercise, even when those people really want to develop good habits. The findings were reported in a National Bureau of Economic Research working paper.

To find out if paying people to hit the gym pays off, researchers recruited 836 new gym members: that is, people who already had a financial stake in working out more frequently. The experts divided the participants into four groups. The first group, the control group, was paid $30 no matter what they did. The other groups were told that they’d be rewarded for attending the gym just 1.5 times per week during their first six weeks of membership. The rewards were either a $30 or $60 Amazon gift card or a $30 item of the participant’s choosing.

The researchers tracked how many times each participant swiped in at the gym. To ensure that people weren’t just showing up, swiping in, then leaving, they enacted a 10-minute minimum halfway through the study. The new policy didn’t make much difference; people still showed up with the same frequency.

Or, more accurately, they didn’t show up.

Before the study began, participants said they planned to visit the gym an average of three times each week. Reality looked a bit different. People in the control group started out fine, going 1.5 times per week, but by the end of the study they were down to once a week. The folks in the incentive groups didn’t fare much better. They averaged 1.73 weekly visits during their second week, but tapered to a single weekly workout by the end of the study period. After the six weeks ended, all four groups’ attendance declined even further.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

As for me, I talk a good game, but I'm not serious yet. I've lost about 15 pounds this year, walking the dog twice/day and making some very basic food changes. (How basic? My big thing I'm working on is avoiding buffets and not eating after 8 pm. We'll get those down and go from there. Baby steps.)
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by uklandrn View Post
    Today I have officially lost 121 pounds and I'm 29 away from goal. Hope I make it by October - but even if I don't it makes me happy to be losing at a steady rate.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    As for me, I talk a good game, but I'm not serious yet. I've lost about 15 pounds this year,
    Outstanding. To be -15 and not having been "serious" with it yet speaks well.

I made a move yesterday designed to help me stave off that 4pm-7pm hunger phase. I bought an egg cooker, and brought it to work. Made 4 hard-boiled eggs yesterday as my first effort with the cooker, and it made fantastic eggs. Had two for lunch, and then about 3:45, I was starving again. Ate another hard-boiled egg then. Got home at almost 6 yesterday, and wife was in the preparation stages of cooking. Sigh. Anyway, I didn't eat anything until dinner was ready at 7.

^That's good work, Darrell. Eggs are nutritious, relatively low in calories and a good source of protein. Unfortunately for me, I can't stand boiled eggs--the smell grosses me out.

I doubt it would change, but the egg cooker actually steams a hard "boiled" egg. Very much like the original to me, but not sure what part of the smell is bothersome to you.

Here's what the egg looks like after you cook it. I was dweeby yesterday.

And the most boring 48 second video ever--watching the egg cooker steam. It is very small--looks larger on the video, I think, but it's roughly the size of the blender base next to it, so it's small.

I like boiled eggs. I get tired of them, but I do like them.

Went to the office today around 11. Had the extra hard boiled (steamed) egg from yesterday and made two more. Had both of the extra ones today too.

I think I'm going to start making 6 eggs every other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I doubt it would change, but the egg cooker actually steams a hard "boiled" egg. Very much like the original to me, but not sure what part of the smell is bothersome to you.
    It smells like a sewer to me.

Had two of those bad boys today for lunch. Didn't have time to have an afternoon snack.

Fab Five

Survived my train trip and lost 3 lbs in 3 weeks. In addition to the hiking and biking, I think the secret was walking anywhere where the destination was 3 miles or less.
    Real Fan since 1958

Me and my niece Gracie. Down another 2.5 pounds. Closer to goal everyday. Still a ways to go but not as far as yesterday.

I'm keeping Receipts!!

You're not only losing weight, you're getting younger. Ponce de Leon has nothing on you.

Meanwhile, back up to 207.6. Ate like a pig.

Me and my niece Gracie. Down another 2.5 pounds. Closer to goal everyday. Still a ways to go but not as far as yesterday.

Are you the one on the left, or the right?

Good going and keep up the good work!

One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

That purse is bigger than you are...

I can assure you that it only weighs slightly less than I do now but it is smaller!!

I'm keeping Receipts!!

I can assure you that it only weighs slightly less than I do now but it is smaller!!

Better be careful lugging that thing around your shoulders will end up having the same problems as Darrell.

Contrary to popular rumor, I am fairly certain that is not how I suffered my injury. But there was that one time in the French Quarter... Nah...

Congratulations. This is an in tedible achiement. To significantly change your life habits as an adult is close to impossible.

I have gone one hour on the steep trail up to and past the "M" 32 times this summer. Going today.

God's own stairstepper. Ran a 5k for the Bozeman Fire Dept foundation, inaugural event, 37:40. Fast guy finished in 15 minutes. 64 yr old woman in 29. Just in comparison.

All that with minimal weight loss and no belt holes gained. But it's all an effort to mend my "broken heart".

So my goal is "one hour up" hoever far that takes me. I stop and recover frequently. I have extended to 1.5 hours 3 times to get to the ridge above and peer over the other side.

Going today.

Still at 184 instead of 160. gonna need a real dietary revision for that part.

I'm starting to creep up a bit. I'm a day early on my weigh in day but I've gone from 219'ish to 222'ish.