Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: Exercise, fitness, weight, calories, and overall health: Christmas Eve 2016-until

I am down another 4 pounds. These last few I have to hit my goal are coming off much more slowly - even with a decrease in caloric intake and an increase in activity - but I am chalking it up to being stressed about this new semester of school and all the other things going on in my life. I am just glad to see the scale going down and not up. I am just keeping on keeping on.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm keeping Receipts!!

Re: Exercise, fitness, weight, calories, and overall health: Christmas Eve 2016-until

I have no idea why my picture is turned sideways. I can assure you it was not taken sideways.
    I'm keeping Receipts!!

Down 2 pounds since May. Really hit a plateau.

Exercise, fitness, weight, calories, and overall health: Christmas Eve 2016-until

Quote Originally Posted by uklandrn View Post
    I have no idea why my picture is turned sideways. I can assure you it was not taken sideways.
    I figured you took the pic lying on your side.

Exercise, fitness, weight, calories, and overall health: Christmas Eve 2016-until

Still at 219-221

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Interesting article on Eddie Lacy and his struggle with weight. Even though he's a professional athlete, it still has to be hard having all this stuff play out in public.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...truggle-weight

I read about how he grew up (specifically his family's eating habits) and I see a lot of my background in it.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Interesting article. South Louisiana comfort food is like about anywhere else, I guess. Tasty, filling, unhealthy and high caloric.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post

Down 2 pounds since May. Really hit a plateau.
    Weighed this morning. 205.4. At least it hasn't gone up.

Yesterday was my 1 year surgiversary. I’ve officially lost 137 lbs. I’m thrilled with my progress but I’m still a few pounds from my original goal - but that’s ok- I’m happy with myself for the first time since I was 11 years old.

I'm keeping Receipts!!

Fantastic, Niki. Great work. So proud of you.

Yesterday was my 1 year surgiversary. I’ve officially lost 137 lbs. I’m thrilled with my progress but I’m still a few pounds from my original goal - but that’s ok- I’m happy with myself for the first time since I was 11 years old.

Keeneland??

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

yes
    I'm keeping Receipts!!

yes
    I was there on Saturday... had a blast. Hit the 3rd race and played with house money the rest of the day....

How'd you do??

Bumped back up to 208.6 today. Getting serious again about inputting what I am eating. That is the only time I have been successful in dropping weight--I have been "off" that for months, about the time I sort of hit a plateau (and now have creeped above just a little).

One thing I have noticed--I got sloppy on my "eating plan." I began eating a banana, if anything, for breakfast. Then two boiled eggs for lunch. And when I got home, I felt like I could eat what I wanted, since I only had 200+ calories during the day.

So I ate a "healthy-ish" dinner. Then cookies. And more cookies. And more snack foods of various sorts. I knew I was eating crap, but it didn't matter, in my mind, because I had calories to give.

Not that many. I'm terrible. Rather than eat 3 chips ahoy cookies, I grab a handful. 3 or 4. Then the next time I pass the kitchen, I repeat. And so on, and so forth. I don't think I realized just how many I was consuming.

So I am starting back on the plan I had before. Today I had oatmeal with a teaspoon of peanut butter for breakfast. 208 calories. Had a banana for a snack, and still eggs for lunch. But almonds as a mid-afternoon snack (more on that in a minute--actually, I'll make a separate post on that).

When I get home tonight, I won't eat horribly. At least, that's the plan.

Mick, and others, had recommended the Planters Heart Healthy mixed nuts. I bought it, and tried it, and had a real problem with indigestion. I have a food allergy/intolerance to some nuts, like sunflowers.

So I tried to narrow it down.

Peanuts? Probably not. I eat them, and peanut butter, no problem.
    Pistachios? Nah. I eat them when we have them in the cracked shells, and enjoy them without a problem.

That leaves....hazelnuts, walnuts and almonds.

I tried almonds today, and have had no problem with them so far. So I think those will be ok.

Hazelnuts or walnuts? Or both? Not sure. Miserable feeling, though.

Blue Diamond almonds have about a half dozen flavors to choose from. I like the Wasabie and Shiracha.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    Blue Diamond almonds have about a half dozen flavors to choose from. I like the Wasabie and Shiracha.
    I had 12 almonds today, and did not have a problem, so I think I'm good to go. That is a big help. I brought a can to work today.

Today I officially weigh less than I did when I lost Ron. That is something I never thought would happen again - since I am one of those people that eat when they are stressed instead of not eating and withering away to nothing. Only a few more pounds to get to my goal.
    I'm keeping Receipts!!

that's awesome Niki.

I need to get back on the carb free. Hard to do these days for lots of reasons, but I really dropped the weight last time when I did it.

I would love to lose about as much as you, but not quite that much. 100lbs overall would be great, I dropped a bit more than half of it the first time, but have put about 15 of it back on I'm sure. Won't get there eating potato chips and dip for dinner, which is my current dinner about 2-3 nights a week.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Back to 222.4

I've been eating about 10 cookies a night. Not going near the scale for awhile.

My sister and me at our family Thanksgiving dinner. Proud to be down another pound or so. Hope everyone has a healthy and happy holiday season!

I'm keeping Receipts!!

Have gained back 10 pounds. Still a good year. Want to stop the regression now, though.

Colonoscopy tomorrow. No food today will help!

Still hanging around that 220-222 mark. I'm still considering starting an exercise routine here soon. I've got to travel this weekend so I'm considering starting to get back in shape next week.

I'm not in horrible shape but it'll take a week or so to get in exercise shape where I can actually go long and hard enough to burn calories.

Last edited by blueboss; 11-30-2017 at 05:28 PM.

Did I mention I was in Chicago?!?!

I keep gaining the weight Niki is losing....

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Did I mention I was in Chicago?!?!

Man, that looks good...

Giordano's...

Last edited by blueboss; 12-05-2017 at 06:28 PM.

225.4 ugh!!

Too much Chicago pizza and Italian beef...

My cousin and me getting ready for UK vs Louisville football on our Family Thanksgiving. Still about 10 pounds away from my goal but life over all is good!!

I'm keeping Receipts!!