Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Re: Exercise, fitness, weight, calories, and overall health: Christmas Eve 2016-until

Great job!
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Re: Exercise, fitness, weight, calories, and overall health: Christmas Eve 2016-until

Week 8: Lost 1 pound, down 18.4 total. Pretty much had a lost weekend--didn't go nuts, but ate whatever and didn't exercise. Got back with it Monday and back on track.

Traveling this weekend, which can sometimes play havoc with my diet/exercise plan. Trying to be aware of that and plan for it.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

BTW, Tyra Banks gets me:

Tyra Banks‏Verified account
    @tyrabanks

Follow Follow @tyrabanks

More

Hear me now, and hear me loud.

A DAD BOD SHOULD BE APPRECIATED LIKE A ROCK HARD BOD.

We celebrate thick women, now it's time to celebrate the thick fellas.

�� #ANTM

8:22 PM - 27 Feb 2018

https://twitter.com/tyrabanks/status/968657734127165440

Exercise, fitness, weight, calories, and overall health: Christmas Eve 2016-until

Back at 225.4. I’ve laid off exercise for the last two weeks while regaining my strength after having the flu.

You’d think one would have lost weight coming off the flu. I had type A which was respiratory related, along with sapping every ounce of energy I had. I wasn’t taking in a lot of calories, but I wasn’t burning any either.

Planning on getting back to exercising starting tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Exercise, fitness, weight, calories, and overall health: Christmas Eve 2016-until

You guys have no worries of me wildling away. I literally am still 20 pounds from my ideal weight (according to BMI) - but I’m happy to just not be embarrassed to leave my House anymore.

I'm keeping Receipts!!

Well done, BEvans. Like the direction.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Week 8: Lost 1 pound, down 18.4 total. Pretty much had a lost weekend--didn't go nuts, but ate whatever and didn't exercise. Got back with it Monday and back on track.

Traveling this weekend, which can sometimes play havoc with my diet/exercise plan. Trying to be aware of that and plan for it.
    I've always had a philosophy--when sick, forget diets. Don't worry about weight. Good or bad, health is more important at the moment, and when you get back to healthy, whatever happened--good or bad--can be fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Back at 225.4. I’ve laid off exercise for the last two weeks while regaining my strength after having the flu.

You’d think one would have lost weight coming off the flu. I had type A which was respiratory related, along with sapping every ounce of energy I had. I wasn’t taking in a lot of calories, but I wasn’t burning any either.

Planning on getting back to exercising starting tomorrow.

You've done so great I cannot imagine you are not already at your ideal weight. BMI lies. You look great, and are a role model for us.

Quote Originally Posted by uklandrn View Post
    You guys have no worries of me wildling away. I literally am still 20 pounds from my ideal weight (according to BMI) - but I’m happy to just not be embarrassed to leave my House anymore.

Started exercising yesterday. It’s amazing how quickly getting out of exercise shape occurs. I damn near died going just over 10 minutes. I added a few minutes today, just under 20 minutes.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

^Great job--getting started is half the battle.

Week 9: lost 3.6 pounds, down 22 total. Celebrated my son's birthday--twice, once with in-laws over the weekend and once on his actual birthday--and held the line pretty well. Tried to make smart choices and when in doubt, take a smaller portion.

Mrs. BEvans says I need to go buy some new clothes. I usually hate clothes shopping but it's exciting when it's for this reason.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 03-07-2018 at 09:31 AM.

Back up to 20+ minutes, should make it to 30 by the end of the week... full blast starting next week.

Saw this Runners World interview with Chip Gaines and thought it was well worth posting here. He ran into runner & cancer survivor Gabe Grunewald and that sparked him and Joanna to begin an annual 5K/half/full marathon in Waco, and he's training to run it as his first marathon:

https://www.runnersworld.com/celebri...first-marathon

Been to the gym, skipped lunch two days in a row.

Yesterday 2.5 miles on treadmill in just over 30 minutes. Pleased with that time. Today 2.5 miles in less than 30 minutes, then walked 0.5 mile more.

Yesterday added 5 minutes of rowing. I'm such a wimp.

Today added bench press, 40 reps, light weight. Still such a wimp.

My legs are toast. Tomorrow I'll go very light. I know, THAT'S very light. Not for me. I'll probably walk 2 miles and do maybe a little more weights.

Good job!!

Tonight I went just under 2 miles in just under 25 minutes, average heart rate of 149 bpm, with a max 168 bpm.

Still holding steady at 230.
    But clothes are literally hanging off of me; may have to drop an X...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Week 10: lost 3.6 pounds, down 25.6 total. Got a sinus infection, which was a double-edged sword from a weight loss perspective. On one hand I haven't felt like eating, but OTOH I haven't felt like exercising, either. Just trying to take it easy and focus on getting better.

221.1 not coming off very quickly. I’m stuck in one of those valleys, hope to see it start moving a little faster in the coming weeks.

I got knocked off kilter with that bout with the flu. I’ve to decided to keep to a stricter diet through April to try and catch up. Still shooting for 210 by May.. we’ll see.

Week 11: lost 2.6 pounds, down 28.2 total. Over being sick, got in some longer walks with the dog. DST means more evening daylight and that's also good for evening walks.

Week 12: lost 2.8 pounds, down 31.0 total. 7 more weeks until our London trip--not counting on it happening, but if I could keep losing at this pace, I'll be pretty close to my pre-trip goal.

220, trickling down, still shooting for 210 by 2nd week of May... gonna be tough.

I’m going hard exercising

220, trickling down, still shooting for 210 by 2nd week of May... gonna be tough.

I’m going hard exercising

I've gone up in weight, but I'm getting in better shape. Been exercising with my son, and even on days I haven't, I've been walking 12-13,000 steps. On good days, I have ran, done light weight work, and some machines.

But gained several pounds. At my age, I have to cut calories. No substitute.

221.2 this morning.

Went to the track yesterday afternoon and the gym last night. Son has been on spring break and soccer practice begins again Monday and he wanted to stay in condition, so I got dragged along! Headed to the Park later for a 5k then back to the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    221.2 this morning.

Went to the track yesterday afternoon and the gym last night. Son has been on spring break and soccer practice begins again Monday and he wanted to stay in condition, so I got dragged along! Headed to the Park later for a 5k then back to the gym.
    Jeez! That’s serious activity. I average around 12,000 steps a day, including five days a week I go 40-45 minutes on the glider which equates to around 3.5 - 4.0 miles. Heart rate averages around 150 bpm during exercise with peaks in the upper 160’s, I’ve gotten my “at rest” heart rate in the low 60’s (61-63 bpm).

It’s a slog, and with Easter tomorrow the calorie counting is out the window. Out to dinner tonight, huge brunch tomorrow, then another dinner later tomorrow night.

I actually saw 219.7 Friday morning, we’ll see how that holds on Tuesday, my official weigh in day.

Wise man not to fight it. Today won't be good, but I'll start tomorrow with the calories intake.

What is so disappointing to me is the fact that I apparently cannot stand prosperity in losing weight. It seems every time I do make a little progress, I backtrack.

Tuesday weigh in 219.4, I’m a teener “again”!!

Not coming off very quickly, but I’ll take it.

Mean while I’m sitting here eating a couple of tangerines (cuties), wishing they were cake, or ice cream, or cookies, or chocolate, or pastries, or jelly beans, fudge, yeah fudge...

Granola is what I have for a treat... weee!!

Last edited by blueboss; 04-03-2018 at 08:33 PM.

Tuesday weigh in 219.4, I’m a teener “again”!!

Not coming off very quickly, but I’ll take it.

Mean while I’m sitting here eating a couple of tangerines (cuties), wishing they were cake, or ice cream, or cookies, or chocolate, or pastries, or jelly beans, fudge, yeah fudge...

Granola is what I have for a treat... weee!!

Great job! I'd love to be a "teener" again, good work.

I know what you mean about "treats"--last night I had a 100-calorie bag of Orville Redenbacher Smart Pop for a "treat." Normally I would consider that cardboard with salt on it, but I enjoyed it (as much as one can enjoy Smart Pop).

Week 13: lost 2.6 pounds, down 33.6 total.

Posting here every Wednesday has become a big accountability tool for me. There have been plenty of times I might've eaten something stupid, or not taken my evening power walk with my dog, if I didn't have a weigh-in coming and a report to the group here. I appreciate you putting up with me.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Week 13: lost 2.6 pounds, down 33.6 total.

Posting here every Wednesday has become a big accountability tool for me. There have been plenty of times I might've eaten something stupid, or not taken my evening power walk with my dog, if I didn't have a weigh-in coming and a report to the group here. I appreciate you putting up with me.
    I wish I could lose multiple pounds in a week. I’m typically dropping around a pound or so /week.

I’m hitting the glider pretty hard, going five days/week about 40-45 minutes which equates to about 3-4 miles,usually at a pace of about 12-13 minute miles which burns 600-800 calories.

I’m still not eating sweets, however there are a few grams of sugar here and there in the Nature Vally bars, fruit and granola that I eat for treats/snacks. My daily calorie intake is around 1000-1500 daily.

I’ll keep plugging away...

Still holding at 230 and Grammy and I go 3 to 4 nights a week, do an hour on the treadmill and then I do at least 45 minutes to an hours of lifting weights, to get what jiggles under control; chins, jowls, belly.
    Caloric intake is between 1200-1500 calories with very little carb or sugar, but I seem to have hit a stumbling block.
    Good news is my Blood sugar levels are outstanding and I seriously am going to have to get some smaller waisted drawers if this keeps up.
    Has me confused, you do not build muscle at my age; just wrinkles...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

I continue to go the wrong way.

218.4, not much movement, but at least it beats a stick in the eye.