Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Play the KSR Hall of Fame Game Contest: Kentucky vs. Louisville 2016

Play the KSR Hall of Fame Game Contest: Kentucky vs. Louisville

1. Predict the Kentucky margin of victory (+) OR loss (-). If you believe that Kentucky will lose, make sure that you make it clearly known with a -- [minus sign], or something else.

2. Predict the game high scorer, AND the total number of points he will score in the game. NOTE--it does not have to be a Kentucky player for this KSR point.

3. Over/Under: "3": Rebounding will be a big key in this year's version of Kentucky and Louisville's in-state war, unrivaled in it's intensity and potential for physicality. On the year thus far, Louisville is besting opponents on the boards by a margin of 9.3. Kentucky has also been superior to it's opponents, by a margin of 6.5. More or less, UL's average positive rebounding margin is 3 per game better than UK's.

How will it go in this year's game. Predict "Over" (+), "Under" (-), or "Push" (0) 3 rebounds for UL over UK, meaning, for example, if you believe UK will out-rebound UL by 3, you would predict "Under, 6" or "-6"; another example... if you think UL will out-rebound UK by 5, you would predict "Over, 2" or "+2".

4. "State Defense": Both Coaches, Calipari and Pitino, have been, statistically, two of the very best defensive coaches in all of college basketball over the past ten years. This year, UL is averaging 7.5 steals per game, 7.2 blocks per game, and they create 4.6 more turnovers than they commit per game. UK is averaging 7.1 steals per game, 7.1 blocks per game, and they create 6.2 more turnovers than they commit per game.

Predict which team will have the highest combined number of steals, blocks and + or - in turnover margin, and what that overall number will be after accounting for turnover margin, be it positive or negative (meaning only ONE team can win the turnover "battle" or the teams can tie, but the relative turnover margin must be calculated to get the proper number to complete this game point).

For example, if UK has 8 blocks, 5 steals, and they force 2 more turnovers than they commit, that would be a total number, for UK, of "15", due to the superior turnover margin. Continuing the same example, if UL has 6 blocks, 8 steals, yet we know from part one of this example that they commited 2 more turnovers than they forced, that would be a total number, for UL, of "12", due to subtracting their inferior turnover margin. Thus the answer, using this overall example would be "UK, 15". You need to select which team will win the battle of defenses for the state, and how big their total combined number of blocks, steals, adding or subtracting, as the case may be, their relative turnover margin to get that total number.

Tiebreaker: UK's overall field goal percentage, as a team, for the game, rounded off to ONE decimal point. For example, if they shoot 49.76 percent, you would predict "49.8%".

Good luck and GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Krank; 12-20-2016 at 10:59 PM.
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

Re: Play the KSR Hall of Fame Game Contest: Kentucky vs. Louisville 2016

Ky by 8
    Monk 26
    Ky-15-2 turnovers more than they commit
    47.6 %

+11
    Monk 21
    Under 8
    Ky 13
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

UK +9
    Monk, 27
    Under by 8
    UK +8
    49.8%
    changing my signature to change our luck.

1) UK +6
    2) Monk 23
    3) -3
    4) UK +12
    5) 50.2
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

+16
    Briscoe, 22
    Under by 4
    KY 14

52.1%

UK by 1
    Fox19
    Under two
    U.K. 5
    41.2%

Thanks, Krank--game looks extra fun today.

1. +6
    2 Gotta go Monk again, 22
    3. UofL +2
    4. UofL 8
    TB: 48.1

UK by 9
    Monk w/22
    UL plus 6
    I have no idea what the hell is being asked so I'll "guess" even
    52%
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

U.K. By 5
    Briscoe 17
    Ul plus 1
    U.K. 14
    Tb 41.6
    Go Cats!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    UK by 9
    Monk w/22
    UL plus 6
    I have no idea what the hell is being asked so I'll "guess" even
    52%
    Sorry to piss you off, Doc. I seem to be good at that this year.

Re-read it maybe.

It's an equation: steals + blocks + or - turnover margin = "team that has the highest combined number from that equation", "THAT number". Choose the team with the highest number from that equation, and what that total combined number is. The team with a positive turnover margin ADDS to their total of blocks and steals. The team with a negative turnover margin SUBTRACTS from their total of blocks and steals. The team with the highest number is the answer, plus what that final combined number for that team IS.

You are more than welcome to take over the game after this one. I also prefer your style and Darrell's style.

who is "pissed off"??? I just didn't have a TI-84 handy

Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Thanks, Krank--game looks extra fun today.

1. +6
    2 Gotta go Monk again, 22
    3. UofL +2
    4. UofL 8
    TB: 48.1
    Thanks Darrell... and that fourth point is too complicated... and I probably "over"-explained it to death.

I just want the Cats to win... I know there will be a good game "here" because we have a smart bunch playing.

When did it require a PhD to read these things?

Messing with you, Krankster. Thanks for putting it together.

UK wins by 5
    Fox, 18
    UK -5 (outrebounding UL by 2)
    UL 6
    TB: 44.5%

UL by 9
    Monk 24
    Over 7
    UL 7
    Tb: 42.5%

1) Whore mongers by 5

2) Fox 21

3) over 4

4) Cats 12

Tb) 48.9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

UK by 11

Monk 29

UL 6

54%

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

UK +10
    Fox 22
    over 3
    UL 5
    44%

Let's grade this...

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    1) Whore mongers by 5
    UL won by 3.

The bossman, one of only TWO contestants who selected the Cardinals, gets the first point.
    Last edited by Krank; 12-21-2016 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    2. Predict the game high scorer, AND the total number of points he will score in the game. NOTE--it does not have to be a Kentucky player for this KSR point.
    Fox led UK with 21, but was bested by UL's Snider with 22 points to lead all scorers in the game.

We almost always have a contestant who selects a player from the opposing team to lead the game in scoring, but NOT this time. Only UK players were chosen.

No point awarded here.
    Last edited by Krank; 12-21-2016 at 09:34 PM.

Louisville out-rebounded UK by 4. In game point #3, you had to predict "Over", "Under", or "Push" 3 rebounds more for UL than UK, therefore the exact correct answer, NAILED by the man from Paducah here, is "Over, 1".

One point for Paduka. Nice work, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Padukacat View Post
    Ul plus 1
    Last edited by Krank; 12-21-2016 at 09:34 PM.

UK had 7 steals, 4 blocks and 13 turnovers on the game.

UL finished with 4 steals, 5 blocks, and 14 turnovers.

Therefore UK won the turnover battle with a margin of +1, which means 7 steals + 4 blocks +1 for their turnover margin equals a total combined State Defense number of 12.

UL lost the turnover battle with a margin of -1, which means 4 steals + 5 blocks -1 for their turnover margin equals a total combined State Defense number of 8.

Since UK had the highest combined number, the exact correct answer is "UK, 12"

Big Blue Pappy nailed this one with a pick of "UK +12", but so did blueboss with his pick of "Cats 12".

So that's a point for both Pappy and the bossman. Excellent work, gents.

So we got a point for Paduka and a point for Pappy...

BUT it's THE blueboss coming through with TWO points, negating any need for a tiebreaker.

A win for my man, the bossman, in THE game he MOST wanted to Cats to win all year (outside of the title game, natch).

Hey, a win is a win, blueboss. NICE WORK, dude!!!

A hollow victory for sure...little solace going in tomorrow and dealing with flat brims, but I'll take it.

I so wanted to take my big blue broom in to work tomorrow... our best shot at a sweep in a while comes up short.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    A hollow victory for sure...little solace going in tomorrow and dealing with flat brims, but I'll take it.

I so wanted to take my big blue broom in to work tomorrow... our best shot at a sweep in a while comes up short.
    Practice this reply as your only statement to your co-workers/neighbors... "See you in March."

Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    Practice this reply as your only statement to your co-workers/neighbors... "See you in March."
    They know they stole one tonight... it's still 34-16, including 8-2 with the Cal regime...

Oh, by the way Krankster! Thanks for asking the right questions in tonight's HOF game!!