Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: The Electoral College The Founders had it right.

The Electoral College The Founders had it right.

Those who voted for Clinton are butt-hurt over their loss and their minions are clamoring for a change. I suppose it's one reason the borders are wide open and many of which will be supported by taxpayer funds. It's rigged to do just that. I hope Trump will use this sea of change to reinforce the electoral system making it near impossible to overturn.

Additionally, proof of citizenship should be a no-brainer. To not having to comply with it is a slap in the face to those who took the proper steps to attain their citizenship.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Re: The Electoral College The Founders had it right.

I loved Trump's comment about the popular vote and how he won it if we took out the invalid votes.

OK I don't think it was 2 million such votes, but the recount thing in Michigan uncovered voting precincts in Detroit (heavily liberal Democratic) where there were more votes tallied than they had ballots or eligible voters (depending on the district and the way it was reported).

no doubt these states where you dont' have to have proper ID to vote have fraud, no way it doesn't happen. The only question is if it is significant enough to sway an outcome. but there's no doubt it's happening.

The Founders were collectively one of the most wise and intelligent assemblages of human beings in our species' history. That's not an exaggeration. They were one of those rare historical convergences when the stars align perfectly and a small group of people take the human race forward in some fundamental way.

In their wisdom they built this system on a teetering balance between tyranny of the majority and tyranny of the minority, balancing each state's voice and thus broadly balancing the various cultural voices of the nation.

Part of that balance is the brilliance of a Presidential system that balanced those who wanted a popularly elected President and those who wanted him chosen by a representative body. SO they struck a balance where the big and small states are balanced in a way that neither can easily get the upper hand for long.

These kinds of shifts in political leadership is exactly what this system is supposed to achieve. If it was done purely on popular voate then big states would win out and we'd have tyranny of the majority, but if small states had too much power they could hold back the broader will of the people too easily.

They wanted a system that turns on itself at every point, that is constantly in a state of push and pull, never going too far in any one direction, and it has worked brilliantly. Masterfully.

So before we think we're smarter than the likes of Madison, Adams, Franklin, Jefferson and the rest maybe we ought to step back and consider that maybe these systems are more complex than we realize and be duly impressed that the one they came up with has worked so very well for so very long and don't break something that isn't broken.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Is everyone familiar with this movement?

National Popular Vote
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Oh yes, and it's an affront to the nation IMO. It's a way to circumvent the proper constitutional way of changing things.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Geez. That looks pretty bad. Hope the Supreme Court will have the numbers.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Looks like they want it to appear they have more support than they really do.

California gave Hillary a popular vote victory. A state one need only show a driver's license in order to vote and illegals are given driver's licenses. Trump could very well be correct in stating he would have won had only those legal voters had their votes count.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    Geez. That looks pretty bad. Hope the Supreme Court will have the numbers.
    Notice that every state that signed up is a blue state on the coast.

Like you I hope if it ever gets to that point the court strikes it down. IMO states cannot make their own side agreements. The very notion to me is unconstitutional.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Notice that every state that signed up is a blue state on the coast.

Like you I hope if it ever gets to that point the court strikes it down. IMO states cannot make their own side agreements. The very notion to me is unconstitutional.
    State laws cannot override the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Looks like they want it to appear they have more support than they really do.

California gave Hillary a popular vote victory. A state one need only show a driver's license in order to vote and illegals are given driver's licenses. Trump could very well be correct in stating he would have won had only those legal voters had their votes count.
    add that it was a foregone conclusion that CA was going to the democrat. He didn't campaign there and I'd bet many republicans didn't vote because they knew their vote was wasted. Why spend the effort to go vote if your state's decision is predetermined?
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Maybe we'll luck out and the secessionists in California will somehow pull it off. If they could take just the San Fran bay area that would work out perfect for us.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Maybe we'll luck out and the secessionists in California will somehow pull it off. If they could take just the San Fran bay area that would work out perfect for us.
    An earthquake could take care of the secession issue.