Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: A nice piece.

A nice piece.

http://nypost.com/2016/12/18/time-to...-be-president/

So this is how it ends — in a whimper wrapped in self-pity and recriminations. With President Obama on the defensive at his final press conference and Hillary Clinton’s last campaign event resembling a wake, the Democratic Party is limping off the stage and into the political winter.

It was supposed to sit atop the national power pyramid for decades, a new paradigm of liberals, progressives, the young, the old, the unions and blacks, Latinos, Muslims and Asians.

The torch would be passed from Obama to Clinton, a liberal Supreme Court would vastly expand executive power and the regulatory state would enforce climate-change orthodoxy on all industry and elitist dictates on every American. Globalism would be the new patriotism.

But a funny thing happened on the way to one-party dominance: The people who work for a living said no, hell no. Their revolt brings Donald Trump to the White House amid hopes of a revival of the economy and of the American spirit.

Thoroughly beaten, the Dems are at their lowest point in nearly a century. From the White House to Congress to statehouses, they are on the outside looking in.

Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Rupp's Runt

Re: A nice piece.

Uh, at first I thought you were talking about a new gun. Or maybe another kind of 'piece'........but I agree. Nice article.
    MOLON LABE!

the last sentence is spot on for sure

"Actually, what she’s feeling is what half the country felt for most of the last eight years."
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    the last sentence is spot on for sure

"Actually, what she’s feeling is what half the country felt for most of the last eight years."
    The half the country that spent the last year feeling there was no hope didn't riot and protest about not getting their way.