Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Larry Hagman has died

Larry Hagman has died

RIP

Breaking News ‏@BreakingNews

'Dallas' actor Larry Hagman, famous for playing J.R. Ewing, died Friday at age 81 - @dallasnews http://dallasne.ws/XM6YKC

Re: Larry Hagman has died

JR was a character everyone loved to hate. LH was definitely an icon. At some point it seemed the line between actor and character was quite blurred. Anyone remember who shot JR?
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Jeannie?
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Unforgettable

REally enjoyed that show and also I dream of Jeanie,

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    JR was a character everyone loved to hate. LH was definitely an icon. At some point it seemed the line between actor and character was quite blurred. Anyone remember who shot JR?
    I remember it well. It was Sue Ellen's sister, Kristin Shepard, who was one of many that JR had a fling with. She was played by Mary Crosby, and was Bing's daughter.
    Last edited by blue2ksr; 11-24-2012 at 08:51 AM.

Rupp's Runt

I only watched "Dallas" a couple of times, just couldn't stomach it, didn't find it all that good. I guess it was because I just don't care much for the "soap opera" type stories, never have, especially when it comes to what rich people do with their free time. I ain't rich, and I for sure don't have that much free time because I ain't rich.
    I did like "I Dream of Jeannie". It was a dopey comedy that made me laugh. Nothing fancy or artificial about it, unlike "Dallas", which was all about phony people and the phoniness of their existence.
    That's just me, guys. I'd rather laugh than get all caught up in a story about a bunch of phony rich people who enjoy causing problems for each other.

Rupp's Runt

Oh, yeah, just so you know........I have no earthly idea who shot J.R., even to this day, and I honestly do not care!

Years ago, we never missed the night "soaps".

We were regulars for Dallas, Knots Landing, Dynasty, The Colbys, and Falcon Crest. My wife watched one called Flamingo Road, but I never got into that one.

There's a new version of Dallas now, with three of the former Dallas cast members involved, with Larry Hagman being one.

He was quite a character, on the show and in "real" life.

Didn't watch the show but have a "Who shot JR" button in my collection.