Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Ryan Zinke, Dept of Interior

Ryan Zinke, Dept of Interior

Loyal trump supporter, Montana's lone Congressman, moderate R, former Navy Seal, not particularly qualified imo, but will work on that endless serial lawsuits by environmentalists threatening wildfire and municipal water supplies issue.

Re: Ryan Zinke, Dept of Interior

Good info. Thanks very much. In Montana does the governor get to appoint someone to fill the slot until the next election if Zinke is confirmed for the post?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

He played football for Rich Brooks at Oregon. Now that is cool
    seeya
    dan

His military record speaks well for his management abilities imo. Wiki

Zinke served as a U.S. Navy SEAL from 1986 to 2008, retiring at the rank of Commander.[10] Zinke graduated from Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL training class 136 in February 1986 and subsequently served with SEAL TEAM ONE from 1986 to 1988. His next assignment was as a First Phase Officer of BUD/S before serving with United States Naval Special Warfare Development Group (NSWDG) from 1991 to 1993. Zinke then served as a Plans officer for Commander in Chief, U.S. Naval Forces, Europe (CINCUSNAVEUR) and served a second tour with NSWDG as team leader and operations officer from 1996 to 1999. From 1999 to 2001, Zinke served as executive officer (XO) for the Naval Special Warfare Unit Two. His next assignment was as executive officer, Naval Special Warfare Center from 2001 to 2004.

In 2004, Zinke was named the deputy and acting commander of Combined Joint Special Operations Task Force–Arabian Peninsula. In this capacity, Zinke led a force of more than 3,500 Special Operations personnel in Iraq. Zinke was awarded two Bronze Stars for meritorious service in a combat zone,[11] four Meritorious Service Medals,[11] two Joint Service Commendation Medals, two Defense Meritorious Service Medals,[12] and an Army Commendation Medal.[12] Following his tours in Iraq, Zinke was selected to establish the Naval Special Warfare Advanced Training Command, where he served as “Dean” of the Naval Special Warfare graduate school until his retirement from active duty in 2008.
    seeya
    dan

Rupp's Runt

Something is up. Have no idea what, but whatever it is the next administration knows about whatever is coming, it seems to me that they want great people in the right places at the right time. But something is up. My thoughts? It has something to do with the Chinese being so involved in real estate dealings out west that Obama has been so keen to help with.
    MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Loyal trump supporter, Montana's lone Congressman, moderate R, former Navy Seal, not particularly qualified imo, but will work on that endless serial lawsuits by environmentalists threatening wildfire and municipal water supplies issue.
    What makes him "not particularly qualified"?
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Rupp's Runt

bigsky.........just wondering why you say Zinke is not particularly qualified? While he may have been a grunt, he was also an upper tier operational planner for some major operations. He is an elected member of Congress. So, I am wondering what your reluctance is for Zinke getting this appointment?
    MOLON LABE!

I'm very happy he got the appt and I supported him in the primaries when he first ran a few (3) years ago and I've given his campaign money. His strengths in policy have not been related to Interior but he is a Westerner/Montanan likely to bust the serial lawsuit filibustering that prevents wise use/multiple use. I know he knows how to treat his "troops", am close with a young man who worked for him in DC, and we've also interacted officially, Mayor to Congressman, so I have seen a bit beyond the paper trail.

He calls me "the liberal from Bozeman" which is accurate in the Republican context and is always good for a chuckle.

Rupp's Runt

Okay. On one hand it sounds like a tepid acknowlegement(sp?) of possible abilities, on the other hand it sounds like you really like him. I can understand that.
    Don't let him fool you. Those Special Operations guys only know one thing, and that is winning and doing what's right by God, Country and Family.
    MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    He calls me "the liberal from Bozeman" which is accurate in the Republican context and is always good for a chuckle.
    I thought everyone in Montana just called you sir and asked how high they needed to jump.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.