Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Juno Successfully Buzzes Jupiter's Clouds for the Third Time

Juno Successfully Buzzes Jupiter's Clouds for the Third Time

"Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

Re: Juno Successfully Buzzes Jupiter's Clouds for the Third Time

New photo of one of Jupiter's "String of Pearls" storms...

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/jpl/jupiter-s-7th-pearl

Junocam images ("raw", mostly unprocessed photos on multiple pages; utilitarian for scientists more so, but still interesting IMO)...

https://www.missionjuno.swri.edu/jun...source=junocam

NASA's page featuring online folks processing Juno images (note: there are two pages of processed photos)...

https://www.missionjuno.swri.edu/jun...ing?featured=1

Most recent images processed by the public (note: there are multiple pages)...

https://www.missionjuno.swri.edu/jun...?source=public

Thanks very cool. Krank what sparks your interest beyond the fact that it's cool to see the unknown.
    Go Cats!

Not Krank, but for me i started when I was young lying in the backyard at night looking at all those tiny lights in the sky and wondering what they would look like if i could see them up close in the daylight. Back then it was just a kid wondering and never giving it a chance to happen. Now that wish has come true
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Padukacat View Post
    Thanks very cool. Krank what sparks your interest beyond the fact that it's cool to see the unknown.
    Cosmology and Subatomic Physics, if you will, the sciences of "vast" and "tiny", respectively, have continuously demonstrated a remarkable ability to answer the seemingly unanswerable, yet always yielding more questions as to the nature of, theoretically, "everything".

The actual science is so complex that I have very little ability to grasp it beyond certain concepts and what I remember from a fair amount of science in HS and at UK, but it can get pretty deep and I like a challenge.

What's really cool is that it's more accessible than ever, certainly via the internet and other obvious info sources, but the technology (again, something I suck at really knowing that much about, lol) over the years has made it easier to involve Joe Astronomy Nerd with his backyard observatory.

Ultimately, I have been interested for a long time because Cosmology, in particular, connotes a type of potential for discovery, scratching that very human itch of curiosity to see what's over the far ridge, that dwarfs anything we humans have traversed over our history.

I don't really "care" that much HOW that realm is discovered, thus what we have been able to see with telescopes and with unmanned craft has been extraordinarily exciting. I just think it's cool that there's more to existence than our pretty little blue orb that carves out years revolving around our Sun.

And, boy, is it ever a LOT to learn about. That's enough to keep my fires burning.

Thanks guys I enjoy reading your thoughts on this and I feel much the same
    Go Cats!

seeya
    dan

Thanks for the link. I love this kind of stuff. I've said it before but my biggest regret about getting old is all of the space exploration and what it will reveal is going to explode in the next 50 years. Hopefully I'll get to see 30 or 40 years of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

seeya
    dan

CNN
    seeya
    dan

Very cool...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire