Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: A common sense response to media hyperbole over Air Force One

A common sense response to media hyperbole over Air Force One

http://www.americanthinker.com/artic...l_theater.html

Trump’s use of the word “cancel” in his tweet was his customary dramatic start to a negotiation, letting the other side know that it has to give something in exchange for what it thought it already possessed. While the media nattered over its appropriateness and even legality, the public understood that Trump was calling on Boeing to do better.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: A common sense response to media hyperbole over Air Force One

A good way to negotiate is from a point of strength. If the other side knows you are prepared to cancel the order they are more prone to negotiating to make a deal more favorable to the taxpayers.

I enjoy watching the media in this. It highlights just how out of touch they are with the real world. My comment about the beltway mindset goes to this, they simply have no real world experience.

Yeah they even have jobs, but clearly they have no real business, economic experience. Doing stuff like what Trump did is Negotiation 101 for the hardball style, and that's his style. Every normal ordinary American knows he was saying that for effect, for position and what it meant was "I'm going to demand you perform and not soak the government like government usually lets itself get soaked".

We got it, but the media, like some on the internet, apparently can't read context. Just as some now can't actually discern sarcasm in the written word, apparently the media can't discern a negotiation tactic from a literal statement.

If they'd spent any real time at all working at a business with clients and customers and contracts and vendors they wouldn't have even raised an eyebrow over this one.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

A perfect example of how things worked (past tense) is the Obama-care website debacle. They spend millions on a website that does not work. So what is the governments answer? Spend MILLIONS MORE making it right. How about not spending more and telling the people who ####ed it up to fix it without gouging the taxpayers? How about they were contracted to do a job and they didn't do it. I'm sure that is how Trump would have handled it because that is how he did it in the private world. Of course during the campaign, Hillary tried to use that against him as "not paying people he hired".
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Fox was making a big deal about it this morning noting it won't hurt Boeing because they recently got a contract with Iran Air that would not have been possible prior to the Obama administrations Nuclear deal with Iran.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

With regards to Boeing...no one is used to president making off the cuff public statements in a knee jerk fashion. Trump doesn't use a lot of contextual qualifiers.

He just says things. And may or may not admit he said them later. Trump almost makes Pitino look honest.

Cancelling a procurement, which the tweet indicated, is a serious deal.

National security prohibits everyone in the public from knowing all the bells and whistles that a New Air Force one will have.

But everyone should remember that the new plane would not just be for Trump but possibly another commander in chief down the road.

Unless Trump knows something we don't.

Not everything about the Presidency is about the current or Prez or Prez elect. The presidency is an institution.

It is quite possible Boeing priced the plane too high. It is also possible the president elect doesn't know all the details. And if Trump is going to micromanage every process, he might not get a lot done. Which may or may not be for the common good--depending on one's point of view.

Sure the tweet indicated cancelling the deal, but that's just posturing.

Both Boeing and Trump know they have to have these planes, and Boeing is the only possible contractor. Only boeing and Airbus can make planes like this without it being a hugely costly custom build, and we wont' hire Airbus.

But that doesn't mean Trump won't try to negotiate the price, in his own obnoxious way.

I encourage everyone to get used to the first "shoot from the hip" PResident in our lifetime. If it helps he's not the first ever, just the first in a long time not groomed by decades of politics, and the first without twitter, but far from the first to shoot first and ask questions later.

He's going to do this for the whole 4 years. It may work, it may not, but it won't be boring.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.