Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: A nice article by someone who gets why Trump won

A nice article by someone who gets why Trump won

https://victorialsanders.wordpress.c...mp-people-did/

Over the summer, my little sister had a soccer tournament at Bloomsburg University, located in central Pennsylvania. The drive there took about three hours and many of the towns we drove through shocked me. The conditions of these towns were terrible. Houses were falling apart. Bars and restaurants were boarded up. Scrap metal was thrown across front lawns. White, plastic lawn chairs were out on the drooping front porches. There were no malls. No outlets. Most of these small towns did not have a Walmart, only a dollar store and a few run down thrift stores. In almost every town, there was an abandoned factory.

My father, who was driving the car, turned to me and pointed out a Trump sign stuck in a front yard, surrounded by weeds and dead grass. “This is Trump country, Tori,” He said. “These people are desperate, trapped for life in these small towns with no escape. These people are the ones voting for Trump.”

My father understood Trump’s key to success, even though it would leave the media and half of America baffled and terrified on November 9th. Trump’s presidency has sparked nationwide outrage, disbelief and fear.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Re: A nice article by someone who gets why Trump won

Perhaps people are realizing that free **** isn't free. Somebody has to pay for it and when you get free **** you are beholden to the giver.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Fab Five

These are the same people who Obama said were clinging to their guns or religion.
    Real Fan since 1958

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Perhaps people are realizing that free **** isn't free. Somebody has to pay for it and when you get free **** you are beholden to the giver.
    Most of the people getting all of that free **** aren't that smart. They're just sheeple, nothing more.
    MOLON LABE!

The people getting free **** will vote to keep getting free ****, no doubt. I'm referring to those in the past that were minimally affected by the give aways who are now becoming part of the pool that funds them. People see the debt climbing and realize that is their debt
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

He has the right idea for sure, but imo he spent way too much time talking about the Appalachian angle. He neglected all the farmers in Ohio, the out of workers in the rust belt that are in a similar situation but not as historically persistent as the one he spent so much time on.
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 12-01-2016 at 07:30 PM.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    He has the right idea for sure, but imo he spent way too much time talking about the Appalachian angle. He neglected all the farmers in Ohio, the out of workers in the rust belt that are in a similar situation but not as historically persistent as the one he spent so much time on.
    The entire middle of the country, and even many in places like California, are just fed the hell up about the elites of this country caring more about cow methane production than whether people have jobs and food and roofs over their heads.

It really is that simple IMO. They see the entire priority set of the mostly liberal elites as completely non-beneficial to them. They need jobs and income and homes and safe neighborhoods, etc., and all we get is talk about how there are 39 genders for 10 year olds who don't even know what a gender is yet and how we need to shut down our economy so we can save polar bears that have lived here a lot longer than humans.

They're just so completely out of touch with the day to day lives of "middle america" and they don't get it even now.

As for the "white voters", I also imagine that it doesn't resonate well for an out of work factory guy trying to keep his house from being foreclosed on to hear that he's a part of the problem with poverty in this country due to his "white privilege" and how that has institutionally disadvantaged people who make more money from the government than he makes.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

FWIW they do also reject the GOP and conservative elites, b/c they're pretty out of touch too and are really just "liberal lite" right now and have been since Bush II. Which is why Trump got record voting in the primary and Jeb Bush raised tons of money but got no votes.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Which is why Trump got record voting in the primary and Jeb Bush raised tons of money but got no votes.
    I have not seen anyone, anywhere, mention this fact. That includes talking heads and conservative writers, but it is a spot on comment.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.