Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You've got leukemia...and Thanksgiving

Re: You've got leukemia...and Thanksgiving

And if you ever want to talk about treatment - I am here for you. I understand all about the $5000 shots. Ron got one a week for almost a year. We had $27000 of out of pocket expenses for medication - after the insurance paid. The financial devastation of illness is almost as bad as the physical decline. As I said - if you ever want to talk - I would be honored.

Sky, you're a tough nut to crack, so I am confident you will overcome this. We are all behind ya!

Nikki, happy to see you here. Want to catch up with you later on another thread, but glad to "see" you. Have thought about you guys as my daughter has grown up and is now a NICU nurse and pediatric oncology nurse. She was a pre-teen back in the "BigRonW days."

Of course I remember Big Ron and his years on the board as a great contributor, and his untimely death after a long struggle. So good to hear from you, "uklandrn", and I appreciate your thoughts and offer. Probably will take you up on it at some time. I do have a couple of friends I turn to, one twelve years with leukemia, one a big Duke fan because Duke has put his stage IV brain cancer into stone cold remission. I appreciate the offer because that whole "cancer support group" just isn't me. I had an older woman come by with her "therapy dog" in the middle of a big bag of stuff, and I just could NOT get her to shut up and take the mutt with her. Sheesh! I see you're in love with Montana. Kalispell and the Flathead are great, a bit depressingly gray, but Bozeman is the place for a nurse of your skills to be! I'm thirty five, er, six, um seven, eh, and a half, years here now, although we've moved away for a job now and then. Anyway, all the numbers, red, nutraphils, platelets, are trending in the right direction, a bit of a lag time on the white blood cells that fight off viruses, they were zero for weeks, then .2, now .5, so the trend is good. I'm going to work, and back at being Deputy Mayor and University System Regent...even went to the quarterfinal Bobcat football game, although that was a bit crazy. Still, I needed to make that "I'm still kickin" statement. And you know how it is, live our lives, with all the quality we can muster, counting every good day, week, month as a victory and one step closer to a cure.

Great to hear the numbers are all going the right way. Not sure I could take the touchy-feeling stuff either.

I agree with you BigSky. The touchy feely stuff isn't for me and it wasn't really for Ron either. It was 9 years ago today Ron passed away. I am so glad to hear your numbers are trending in the right direction. And don't forget - anytime you feel like talking I am here.