Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Dress Shoes?

Rupp's Runt

Dress Shoes?

Very odd question coming from me, I'm 100% a t-shirt and jeans guys, except at work I can't be...

At work, I'm primarily khaki and polo/dress shirts. I need a good pair of shoes that look like dress shoes, but are really tennis shoes. I have to dress nice, but I'm also pretty active at work. Google has brought me all kinds of crazy results, some as expensive as $1700...

I'm not looking for comfortable dress shoes. I need the good sole and decent support for activity.

Before you eliminate dress shoes, I strongly suggest you go down to a department store that carries Rockport dress shoes and try them. They are very much unlike normal dress shoes, lightweight, with plenty of support and 100% dress shoes (although I do not like the Styles particularly and think that other dress shoes are more attractive).

Re: Dress Shoes?

I'm on my feet for the best part of 9 hrs a day. I'm required to wear dress shoes so I have a black pair which I wear once a week and a pair of brown Cole Hahn wingtips the other four days. I like Johnston and Murphy's as well. You can get cushion sole socks that help a bit. Generally, you get what you pay for unless it's on sale.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Before you eliminate dress shoes, I strongly suggest you go down to a department store that carries Rockport dress shoes and try them. They are very much unlike normal dress shoes, lightweight, with plenty of support and 100% dress shoes (although I do not like the Styles particularly and think that other dress shoes are more attractive).
    I've been looking at their website tonight (morning I guess now, I can't sleep). They have some "walking" and "sneaker" series that look interesting. Would like to see them in person.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    a pair of brown Cole Hahn wingtips the other four days. Generally, you get what you pay for unless it's on sale.
    I've seen these online. I really like them. Their website has them 50% off right now. I can do the 50% off price LOL

Check out Bostonian too, very comfortable. There's really no in between with shoes though. Either they're dressy or they're not.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Guys, the Rockports are in between. I've worn all the ones mentioned in the thread, and I love the traditional dress shoe more than Rockports. But Rockports feel like an athletic shoe while having the appearance of a dress shoe. Probably half the weight of a regular dress shoe. Soft, flexible upper as contrasted with more rigid dress shoe.

I don't have any now, but I like it for a change of pace.

http://www.rockport.com/our-story.html

Rockport.JPG
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 11-25-2016 at 09:53 AM.

I normally wear low heeled pumps in sublte colors with my "dresses"
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Can't beat a good old pair of Sketchers for active comfort. Cheap (70 bucks), but worth it! No kidding I have tried everything, standing as much as I do,, and for flexibility,,durability and comfort (memory foam) they're as good as I've found.

https://www.skechers.com/en-us/style...rst-donlen/bbk

..or some 100 buck dress'ers..

https://www.skechers.com/en-us/style/68922/brubeck/bktn

or the ones I wear nowhttps://www.skechers.com/en-us/style...er-chakote/bbk.

No kidding,, these have been the most durable and comfortable brand of shoes I've found.
    Last edited by kingcat; 11-25-2016 at 01:24 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain