Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Broken Promise #1

I get the need to get the Clinton thing behind them in order to pursue a policy agenda, but this isn't about the Clinton's "healing", this is about enforcing justice equally.

I'm torn. I get the political decision, but it's also a political decision, not a legally just decision. I would have rather he wait until he could see the actual evidence, then decide. Then if it's a slam dunk you go after her, if it's on the line you maybe move on.

Way better than Hillary winning, but this will be an interesting ride.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: Broken Promise #1

I wonder if the angry FBI agents will let it die, if there are actually angry FBI agents
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I"m hoping the strategy is for Trump to call for peace, and let the House go after her. It allows them to go after her but not divert near as much from the agenda.

So I won't lose it yet, I'll see how it plays out. Let Chaffetz go after her.

Also he didn't mention the FOundation. And of course it's Trump, he could change his mind tomorrow, or when he gets in office or sees the evidence or whenever.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Fab Five

I don't believe he is letting the foundation off the hook.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    I don't believe he is letting the foundation off the hook.
    I don't either, that one is still being investigated by the FBI and Lynch won't be the AG when the investigation is finished. Also, doesn't let her off the hook for the perjury charge in her testimony to Congress.

The correct approach is for him to not be involved. Let the DOJ actually do their job, unlike the current President. I missed the portion of the constitution that states where the president decides who is and isn't prosecuted for violating the laws. He can grant a pardon, and if he elects to do so, fine.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    The correct approach is for him to not be involved. Let the DOJ actually do their job, unlike the current President. I missed the portion of the constitution that states where the president decides who is and isn't prosecuted for violating the laws. He can grant a pardon, and if he elects to do so, fine.
    Which IMO is the comment he should have made. "I"m not President yet, and even when I am I'm not Attorney General. I will instruct my AG to enforce the laws of the land equally and then the evidence will determine what happens in a particular case."

That would be fine, but that's not what he did.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Which IMO is the comment he should have made. "I"m not President yet, and even when I am I'm not Attorney General. I will instruct my AG to enforce the laws of the land equally and then the evidence will determine what happens in a particular case."

That would be fine, but that's not what he did.
    Yes, I know.

Unfortunately our last President injected himself into law enforcement by deciding which laws to enforce and which to ignore. Now things like Sanctuary Cities believe they have the right to determine what laws they will follow and which they can ignore. Obama used the DOJ (as well as the IRS and some other agencies) to advance his political agenda which is 100% wrong but that is now Presidential precedent. And before the left jumps in, yes, other presidents have done the same but to NOWHERE near the same level as Obama. But back to Trump........

Personally, I believe he should have just kept quiet on this but then expecting Trump to keep quiet on anything is a pipe dream. He needs a big "STFU" tattoo on his arm to remind him to, well, STFU sometimes. He can be his own worse enemy. He said he would appoint a special prosecutor, which is what he should do.....then once that is done, and only once that is done, and guilt/innocence determined in a nonpartisan manner, then you decide what is to be done. Now he appears to be not much different than the same old politician who allows the laws of the land to apply to the serfs while the ruling class lives by a different standard.

And of course there is the Clinton Foundation, which is a whole another story, and one of equal concern since bartering off governmental access for cash has clear intent.
    Last edited by Doc; 11-23-2016 at 09:30 AM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Trump isn't going to appoint a special prosecutor and couldn't if he wanted to do so. That is the AG's job.

Well, the AG only does what he/she is told. Just as Lynch, and Comey did with the Clinton investigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Trump isn't going to appoint a special prosecutor and couldn't if he wanted to do so. That is the AG's job.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Well based on that standard then I guess Obama care isn't Obama care since the President does not craft or introduce bills to congress.

So the Trump "suggests" to the AG that a special prosecutor be named. I suspect his suggestion would be honored.

I am not yet sure if I agree with this take or not as my current desire is to see her and Bill pilloried for their crimes against the people of this nation and locked up for the rest of their lives. i just read it this morning. This opinion piece supports the actions of the President elect

Linkage
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    I am not yet sure if I agree with this take or not as my current desire is to see her and Bill pilloried for their crimes against the people of this nation and locked up for the rest of their lives. i just read it this morning. This opinion piece supports the actions of the President elect

Linkage
    It's a tough call, but it does give him great political leverage over the Clinton's who are still powerful. There is talk about a recount, he can use this to stifle it, that sort of thing.

I get the political logic, but they have committed high crimes too. Tough decision.

First of many, but that occurs 100% of the time in the political game. You hope they keep the big promises they make; most of us realize many will fall by the wayside sooner or later. Just the nature of the beast.

As to whether he should or not, just stay the heck out of the way, let the chips fall. Way too much politics in law enforcement.

Rupp's Runt

The Clintons need to be prosecuted to the fullest extent that the law allows. Period.

I suspect though that much of this will fall by the wayside soon, because I believe that after Trump takes office there will be much more pressing and immediate problems that will come to the forefront. Getting the Clintons will be on the back burner, because I fully believe that we will be attacked by terrorists again, so priorities will change. JMHO.
    MOLON LABE!