Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Mick, I think you and maybe others will enjoy this read

Mick, I think you and maybe others will enjoy this read

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Mick, I think you and maybe others will enjoy this read

The last Republican AG put fig leaves over the naughty bits of the nude statues. I assume this one will just put those plaid hats on them.

Seriously, I assume his seat is pretty solidly GOP? I don't like pulling Senators out unless we know the GOP can hold the seat.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Senator Sessions was reelected in 2014. If the Republican governor of Alabama chooses can he not appoint someone to fill his seat until the next election?
    seeya
    dan

seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    I love how the left is calling on Trump to put in moderates in this time of division to use their words. . I don't recall them calling for such pluralism during Obamas term. The last 8 years was full steam ahead but now with the shoe on the other foot it's undemocratic to have your cabinet all be conservatives. Lol.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I love how the left is calling on Trump to put in moderates in this time of division to use their words. . I don't recall them calling for such pluralism during Obamas term. The last 8 years was full steam ahead but now with the shoe on the other foot it's undemocratic to have your cabinet all be conservatives. Lol.
    To the victor go the spoils. I do have some reservations on this selection.

Sessions has made a lot of inflammatory comments including questioning whether grabbing a woman's croch constitutes sexual assault. That in my view is not a good look for the attorney general. He also made a joke or two about African Americans.

We all say stupid things and make poor jokes but it does create a poor perception of him.

Violence towards women is a serious issue and one the highest law official in the land should not be quick to dismiss.

Allegations of both voter fraud and voting rights need to be investigated to ensure everyone who is eligible to vote can-but just once.

In terms of the rule of law I would like every law enforcement agency to submit reports annually on the number of American citizens are tased, shot, and or killed while. Being apprehended. I would like the report to also include the number of American citizens who die while in police custody.

Unarmed Americans die a little too often in the hands of police.

Dying in prison is a separate but important issue too.

My understanding is that not all law enforcement agencies at the local and state level keep such records.

That needs to change. I believe that police do a very important job and most are outstanding professionals. But a nation of free people demand that the rule of law protects all equally and holds those with the greatest authority to exercise force Held to the highest standards.

I hope but doubt sessions would institute such a measure.

John Ashcroft will look soft and fuzzy next to sessions in my view.

Fab Five

Dan, I have met the Senator several times. Many of my Kentucky friends in alaBama know him very well. Matter of fact Sessions stayed with one of them anytime he had an overnight trip to Northwest alaBama. He has the purest legal mind of anyone who is in Federal government. The racism arguments against him are pure poppycock.

I refer you to the many writings by Donald V Watkins on Facebook. Watkins is known widely in liberal democrat and Civil Rights Circles. He is a friend of Sessions. When both were in law school at the UofA Sessions was the only student who reached out to him. Watkins was one of the first two African Americans to be accepted and enrolled at UOfA. That was not easy in 1971. Yet Sessions did something he didn't have to do. But he knew it was right, it was just, and it was what a higher law required him to do. He will knock your socks off as Attorney General.
    Last edited by MickintheHam; 11-19-2016 at 01:41 PM.
    Real Fan since 1958

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Mick I appreciate what you are saying. I hope he does a good job and helps to ensure the rights of all Americans

Your first hand comments give me a little hope in this appointment

I did not realize though he had been denied the Federal bench by a republican senate un

Fab Five

Here is Watkins most recent piece as it appeared on Facebook, taken from the Washington Post.

"Jeff Sessions is "The Man" in Washington

Alabama Senator Jeff Sessions will play a key role in President-elect Donald Trump's Administration. Outside of Trump's immediate family members, Sessions is Trump's most trusted advisor and ally. If he wants to be successful in Washington, Trump should listen closely to what Sessions has to say. Sessions has demonstrated his staying power and clout in Washington.

I am impressed with the stature my law school classmate has been able to achieve within the National Republican Party. Sessions was a local Republican when I met him on the first day of law school 46 years ago. He stayed the course and it has paid off for him.

I never doubted that Sessions would find his rightful place in the Republican Party. This is his time and place in American political history.

I wish Jeff Sessions nothing but success in his new endeavors. He has always treated me with dignity and respect, publicly and privately."

This is but one of Watkins many writings about Sessions. I encourage anyone influenced wby the leftist propaganda to do a search on Watkins Facebook News site.
    Real Fan since 1958

Fab Five

I encourage everyone interested in this topic to search for Watkins on Facebook. Scroll down to his May 10, 2016 entry. There is an article there that should lay to rest any issues anyone might have about Sessions character or views on race. You won't see it on the CNN site and you won't hear Elizabeth Warren quote from it. It is beautifully written at a time long before anyone thought Sessions would be considered for the AG post.
    Real Fan since 1958

seeya
    dan

They wanted Van Jones!
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Fab Five

I knew that network was named for Hillary, but I thought it was called the Crooked News Network.
    Real Fan since 1958

Fab Five

Not to belabor the point, but 4 hours ago Mr Watkins on his Facebook news site, gave a very moving and strong endorsement of Sessions. It is a wonderful tribute.
    Real Fan since 1958

seeya
    dan

Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Fab Five

I am sure Sessions will welcome a strong vetting. And, once he passes muster, it will be that much more difficult to challenge him. I hope the dems focus on immigration. No one in the Senate knows immigration law better than Jeff.
    Real Fan since 1958

Honestly I hope the Dems make a big deal about the approvals for Sessions and other Cabinet posts, and make a big media production out of it.

JUst hold back the SCOTUS nomination until they do this a while, and it all becomes white noise and the people tire of the drama, then hold those hearings when they are at their weakest.

The dems need spend the next 2 years coming off as being pure obstructionists. The media will spin it all as a fight for the right reasons, but it won't be enough to overcome the negatives, and they'll be hurt in the midterm elections instead of getting a boost.

JUst hold back the SCOTUS nomination until they do this a while, and it all becomes white noise and the people tire of the drama, then hold those hearings when they are at their weakest.
    Had not thought of this. It does read like a great strategy given the importance of the or those appointments to the bench
    seeya
    dan

The Real Jeff Sessions vs The Media Myth

By Senator Del Marsh

http://yellowhammernews.com/politics...=1479859624678

It's the "go to" strategy of the Left, the ad hominem attack. Can't defeat their arguments? That's OK, just brand them racist or sexist or homophobic, or better yet all of the above.

Whatever you do, don't actually engage on the issues, just smear anyone who dares disagree with your dogma.

It's the "go to" strategy of the Left, the ad hominem attack. Can't defeat their arguments? That's OK, just brand them racist or sexist or homophobic, or better yet all of the above.

Whatever you do, don't actually engage on the issues, just smear anyone who dares disagree with your dogma.
    It's all they've got.

What is your opinion of Senator Marsh? There is not a lot of info on the net about him
    seeya
    dan

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    What is your opinion of Senator Marsh? There is not a lot of info on the net about him
    I question if he has the same level of integrity as Senator Sessions.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    It's all they've got.
    Because usually it works
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Because usually it works
    Does it? The Dems hold fewer offices now nationwide than at anytime since prior to the FDR era.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Does it? The Dems hold fewer offices now nationwide than at anytime since prior to the FDR era.
    And 4 years ago it was the GOP that was in dire straights.

The left labelled Trump as a racist, sexist, homophobic, etc and it stuck, so yes, it does work. Fortunately the democrats put up a less likable liar to represent them but there is ZERO DOUBT that the labels they attached to Trump (and others) are effective

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    And 4 years ago it was the GOP that was in dire straights.

The left labelled Trump as a racist, sexist, homophobic, etc and it stuck, so yes, it does work. Fortunately the democrats put up a less likable liar to represent them but there is ZERO DOUBT that the labels they attached to Trump (and others) are effective
    I think this is true, but if Trump delivers on even half his promises and stays relatively free from scandalous controversy he'll gain steam for a second term.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    I think this is true, but if Trump delivers on even half his promises and stays relatively free from scandalous controversy he'll gain steam for a second term.
    But it won't be because the labels hurled by the left and supported by the media don't stick. It will be because the nation will realize that its not relevant. There is no doubt that the majority of this country thinks that to some degree Trump doesn't treat women appropriately, or believes he harbors ill feelings towards Latinos, etc..... But if the economy comes back and we feel the country is safer, most won't care.

In this recent election, he barely beat one of the most crooked politicians of all time, a person who was caught in clear violation of the laws of our nation, yet most believed he wouldn't win because of the way he was labelled by the left and the media. So the smear tactic does work, just not 100% of the time or enough to overcome a habitual liar and pocket liner courtesy of a government position.
    Last edited by Doc; 11-24-2016 at 11:24 AM.