Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Trump needs to utilize Ben Carson.

The whole race issue needs to be eradicated by making an effort to bridge gaps anywhere it can without compromising. The left has for too long gotten away with the image of being the protectors while doing little to lift their collective standing. Carson would be a good start. We've got Justice Thomas but there needs to be a plurality of examples to hold up. An earnest effort, nothing token. It will take a considerate amount of convincing.
    Last edited by badrose; 11-10-2016 at 08:40 AM.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Re: Trump needs to utilize Ben Carson.

Carson has been mentioned as potentially the Secretary of Education.

I"m thinking Health and Human Services. But he'll have a job if he wants one, he's in the outer orbit of TRump's inner circle by all appearances, was on the named list of people he thanked Tuesday/wednesday.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

How about hiring the most qualified regardless of race or gender? If Dr.Carson is qualified and its believed he will do the best job as say Surgeon General, then put him there. Or if he is most qualified to lead education, regardless of his ethnicity, then I'm all for it
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

How about hiring the most qualified regardless of race or gender?
    Spot on. Hope he takes that road with the appointments
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Unforgettable

Carson has said discussions have taken place. He will be in the administration in some role, he is far too intelligent to leave out

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Spot on. Hope he takes that road with the appointments
    When that happens is when racism and sexism is truly a thing of the past
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    How about hiring the most qualified regardless of race or gender? If Dr.Carson is qualified and its believed he will do the best job as say Surgeon General, then put him there. Or if he is most qualified to lead education, regardless of his ethnicity, then I'm all for it
    I am right there with Doc on this point.
    Trump has not become a successful businessman without good people assisting him. Successful people usually are very good at surrounding themselves with people of similar likes and drive to be successful. Success breeds success.
    MOLON LABE!

I hate to be the voice of dissension, but just like Trump understands the art of the deal in business dealings, so should--and will--he here.

I'm not buying there is a single person on the planet better than anyone else, unless it is incrementally so, and impossible to identify, for a particular cabinet position. There are many elite people among a pool. It's why Donald Trump selected 21 people to potentially fill a vacant Supreme Court justice slot--not one, but 21.

Maybe by January 20th, it will be fine to field an all-white, all-male cabinet (he won't do that, but just for purposes of illustration). But I don't think so, and I don't think he believes so, either. No way, no how should he appoint a less qualified (whatever, whoever) person, but appointing the same qualified person with a mix of races and genders IS important to the country.

The art of the deal. He gets it, don't worry.

You're not dissenting at all. IMO race should not matter and if it doesnt then the makeup will take care of itself. As stated in above, I think Carson is an ideal pick for surgeon General or SEC of education for many reasons. None of those reasons is his ethnic makeup. Pick him because he is best for the job, not because he is an AA. When that happens is when we overcome racism. It's a two way street in my opinion. You can't gripe about racial inequities when they are negative then take them when they are positive.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

George W had a very diverse cabinet during his 8 year in office

Sometimes the left dismisses conservative minorities so here you are damed if you do and damed if you don't

Editors note: my phone typing makes me look more than a little mentally challenged.

Politico wrote Carson was a good bet for HHS or ED.

In terms of qualifications...cabinet secretaries have one primary job PR. Deputies run the agencies themselves generally. Although Rumsfeld was meticulous at defense

HHS is the largest grant making agency and oversees CDC SAmhsa etc.

Carson is safer at ED. Major ED law is already reauthorized

Carson is not dynamic. He does not have the strong personality of Christie or Giuliani you want your strong personalities at the key agencies
    Last edited by UKHistory; 11-11-2016 at 02:03 PM.

Unforgettable

Hope he finds a place for Sheriff David Clark of Milwaukee, strong man and seems very qualified. Also just retired police chief of Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I hate to be the voice of dissension, but just like Trump understands the art of the deal in business dealings, so should--and will--he here.

I'm not buying there is a single person on the planet better than anyone else, unless it is incrementally so, and impossible to identify, for a particular cabinet position. There are many elite people among a pool. It's why Donald Trump selected 21 people to potentially fill a vacant Supreme Court justice slot--not one, but 21.

Maybe by January 20th, it will be fine to field an all-white, all-male cabinet (he won't do that, but just for purposes of illustration). But I don't think so, and I don't think he believes so, either. No way, no how should he appoint a less qualified (whatever, whoever) person, but appointing the same qualified person with a mix of races and genders IS important to the country.

The art of the deal. He gets it, don't worry.
    Some Trump detractors are already complaining that a Trump cabinet will be a "sausage fest," in their words.

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    Hope he finds a place for Sheriff David Clark of Milwaukee, strong man and seems very qualified. Also just retired police chief of Dallas
    I've heard rumblings about a Clark cabinet position. I believe he is supposed to be on Megyn Kelly tonight and will be asked about that.

As has been pointed out all too often minority and female conservatives are made light of and derided. W had the likes of Powell, Rice, Gonzalez, etc in key positions and was given no credit for placing women and minorities in those positions.

A President with a business background is likely to approach filling cabinet positions differently than a politician.

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post

Editors note: my phone typing makes me look more than a little mentally challenged.
    Lol, welcome to my world. I read the board and say what effin moron wrote that and see its me. Then I edit 4 times I still read multiple autocorrects that make me look like an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Some Trump detractors are already complaining that a Trump cabinet will be a "sausage fest," in their words.
    His detractors will find something to complain about regardless

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    His detractors will find something to complain about regardless
    Or invent something to complain about.