Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Clinton situation may get interesting yet

IMO it's very likely Guliani is the next AG, and tonight on O'Reilly he made it clear that it wasn't necessarily "hands off" on going after Clinton. He said you have to balance the tradition of putting elections behind you and moving forward against the need for equality under the law and he'd have to see the seriousness of the charges and evidence before deciding.

O'Reilly then said Obama will pardon her anyway. Maybe, and if so that's a whole interesting debate too about what that does to Obama's legacy.

Ideally for Trump I guess he does pardon her, which takes having to prosecute her off his hands as a distraction and also burns Obama with a lot of people as he sets about dismantling his legacy.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: Clinton situation may get interesting yet

As I recall Obama went all out after those who did what he felt were illegal acts under Bush when he came into office. Specifically I'm referring to "enhanced interrigation" ie waterboarding. If Hillary is charge AFTER Obama exist office then there is no pardon coming from Barrach since he is no longer President.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

The President can actually pardon people who have not yet been charged, preemptively pardoning them for crimes within a range of things, etc. it's essentially how Nixon was pardoned by Ford, ending the situation before it could even begin.

He'd have to do it in January and make it some broad protection. But there would still be plenty of others to go after, but they may not be worth the distraction.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Any legacy he might Hope to maintain would be flushed down the political commode too.
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    The President can actually pardon people who have not yet been charged, preemptively pardoning them for crimes within a range of things, etc. it's essentially how Nixon was pardoned by Ford, ending the situation before it could even begin.

He'd have to do it in January and make it some broad protection. But there would still be plenty of others to go after, but they may not be worth the distraction.

I'm referring to the Clinton Foundation. On the server and e-mails, he can pre-emptively pardon since those are current issues but on the foundation I think since that is still in the investigation phase it MIGHT be different.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I'm referring to the Clinton Foundation. On the server and e-mails, he can pre-emptively pardon since those are current issues but on the foundation I think since that is still in the investigation phase it MIGHT be different.
    He could try it, but it would be tougher to do no doubt.

The other problem is that he'd have to pardon her but also Bill and a host of others. The Foundation, if it has been used to enrich them, has violated laws that would reach out and touch the board and the officers, the entire Clinton family, friends, etc.

Ford pardoned Nixon but a bunch of others went to jail or had to plead out. Could be the situation here where he protects BIll and Hillary but lots of others once again pay for their crimes.

She should have to answer for her conduct beyond losing an election. I'm not vindictive, but it's justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    She should have to answer for her conduct beyond losing an election. I'm not vindictive, but it's justice.
    I agree completely of course but I worry it could derail a Trump administration. As much as we need to make an example of this extreme level of corruption we need to get a justice appointed etc as well.

Maybe they'll find a way to do both. He's on a roll of doing the impossible so who am I to argue w him. Lol.

She most definitely deserves it. It's the deepest and most brazen corruption in my lifetime, maybe since the late 1800s. It's no coincidence BTW that that's when we saw the first major Populist movement.

Fab Five

Doc, I believe he can pardon her for everything committed up to the date of pardon. That would be anything to do with foundation. What he likely can't do is pardon everyone involved.
    Real Fan since 1958

I'm not sure he will want to pardon her. I really don't think there's a lot of love between him and the Clinton's and if he thinks it will further damage his legacy, which IMO is the most important thing to him, he may just look the other way.

I think he will pardon her for any email issues, because he could ultimately be incriminated with that mess.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    I think he will pardon her for any email issues, because he could ultimately be incriminated with that mess.
    I agree but not the foundation. The Clinton's and Obama's are not friends. I can clearly see him pardoning her on the server/e-mail then letting her flounder on the foundation

I agree but not the foundation. The Clinton's and Obama's are not friends. I can clearly see him pardoning her on the server/e-mail then letting her flounder on the foundation
    I agree. Obama cannot be implicated in any way in the foundation mess and will limit any pardon to the email situation.