Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: I owe the President elect an apology

I owe the President elect an apology

For a long time, I thought that his running for President was part of the Clinton plan to insure her election. Much of what he did in the campaign just solidified that opinion. I was wrong, very wrong, as his campaign was just him being him in an unvarnished way.

God bless him and God Bless America
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: I owe the President elect an apology

I still believe he has some mental stability issues that concern me; that he is a supreme example of the Dunning-Kruger effect; that his behavior will continue to be erratic and that some of the things that serve him well enough in business will be disastrous in running a country.

And he was still the better of the two choices.

I gave more than a passing glance at your theory, too, Dan. Ultimately, though, I don't credit him for winning the American people over. I fault the American public for giving us the worst two choices in history, and enough of the right people in the right states knew that the country's best interests would be served with him, rather than her.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I still believe he has some mental stability issues that concern me; that he is a supreme example of the Dunning-Kruger effect; that his behavior will continue to be erratic and that some of the things that serve him well enough in business will be disastrous in running a country.

And he was still the better of the two choices.

I gave more than a passing glance at your theory, too, Dan. Ultimately, though, I don't credit him for winning the American people over. I fault the American public for giving us the worst two choices in history, and enough of the right people in the right states knew that the country's best interests would be served with him, rather than her.
    You captured the sentiments of many. One other observation from yesterday. I noticed at my polling place yesterday, in addition to the tremendous number of Undervotes, there were a very high number of Inactive voters who came to the polls for the first time in many years. I believe both of these indicate tremendous passion about what is occurring in the country.
    Real Fan since 1958

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Worst two choices ever I agre with that

I know many people who thought trump was a Clinton pawn. Others think he said crazy stuff to get out of the race OR to see how crazy a comment he could make before people would turn against him.

When you belittle a pow and go up in the polls something is going on

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    Worst two choices ever I agre with that

I know many people who thought trump was a Clinton pawn. Others think he said crazy stuff to get out of the race OR to see how crazy a comment he could make before people would turn against him.

When you belittle a pow and go up in the polls something is going on
    What's going on is that in the final analysis it was the voters looking past the rhetoric and evaluating the misdeeds and malfeasance. For every charge there was a counter to it. Trump belittled a POW, but Hillary abandoned those Americans in Libya leaving them to be prisoners or face death. It went on all summer and autumn. In the end, I think voters decided the Clinton Foundation and the deleted emails were too much baggage for Hillary and would not entrust the security of the country to her. Her misdeeds outweighed Trump's.
    Real Fan since 1958

Darrell expressed my thoughts pretty well. I underrated him throughout the election season, up to and including last night, and made no secret of my belief that he was unsuited to be President. I hope and pray that I'm as wrong about that as I was about his chances to win.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19