Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Here's my county....

Here's my county....

We're heavily Republican, and no issues at all on positions (4 judges running unopposed, all Republicans, etc.) but it could impact one of 15 Amendments at issue.

CNN Politics
    November 8, 2016 4:55pm
    Mail delays in Shelby County, Alabama
    More than 100 voters in Shelby County, Alabama, will not be able to vote by absentee ballot because their applications were held up in the mail, according to Shelby County Clerk Mary Harris.

Harris received 112 applications for absentee ballots on Monday. Even though they were postmarked October 31, they didn't reach the county clerk's office until Monday. Ninety-seven of those applications were from the metro-Birmingham area.

"The last day I could mail a ballot was last Thursday, so the application had to be in my office then," Harris told CNN. "I send these people courtesy letters just letting them know they need to try to make arrangements to vote at a regular polling place so they're not sitting waiting for a ballot that is not going to come."

Harris said long mail delays were an issue in the primary as well, and she notified the Secretary of State's office and the United States Postal Service, both at the regional level and at their headquarters. She also sent a letter to voters warning them of the potnetial for mail delays. She said many voters did take her advice and sent their applications via express mail to make sure it got to her office in time.

Harris said the issue was discussed at the County Clerk's meeting over the summer since it affects other counties.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/08/politi...inkId=30938369

Re: Here's my county....

Mail delay? In my county? I'm not sure that's realistic...

Post Office Mail.jpg

If this is an issue of the voter not providing a correct address the issue is on them. I'm all about voter responsibility.

So if I mail a payment to you for service rendered, from Bowling Green, KY and the post mark on the envelope clearly shows the payment was mailed timely but you do not receive it until 6 months later, my payment to you has to be marked as received timely by you?

If that is the case, I need to start doing more business in B'ham
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    So if I mail a payment to you for service rendered, from Bowling Green, KY and the post mark on the envelope clearly shows the payment was mailed timely but you do not receive it until 6 months later, my payment to you has to be marked as received timely by you?

The post office usually makes numerous delivery attempts prior to returning mail. In this case it appears to be more a case of your sending a payment to the wrong address, as Darrell didn't provide you with the appropriate address.

Here's my county....

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post

I'm certainly saving it for future reference.

It was funny. Good client of mine, and it was a small bill I sent him. He actually asked me if I was going to send him a bill, and I told him I'd resend one, but thought it had already been sent. No big deal, just sent it.

Turned out, the envelope likely never left the facility. Probably dropped under a cabinet or something, got wet, mildewy and moldy, and they returned it. 13 months after it was mailed lol.

The interesting thing is this is the 2nd issue I've had with the same Post Office location. The first time I had ordered a hand made pocket holster. The holster shipped, and tracking showed it arrived. But it never showed up. They hunted for it, and couldn't find it. The guy who sent it called me to ask how I liked it, and I told him I didn't have it, and might have to order a new one, which he offered to do for free. Anyway, I declined the free offer and said I would order another if it didn't show up.

I got busy at work, and semi-forgot about it and received a call one day from the Post Office, about three months later. They found the package. I told them to hold onto it, I was coming eight then to retrieve it. When I got there they said it was under some other packages, but that almost worried me more. More packages? For three months?

Hmm.

This is why I'm in favor of NATIONAL requirement for NATIONAL voting. 3 days of voting, in person unless on active military, picture ID required and register 3 months prior, all voting ends at the same time across the nations. No early voting.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Fab Five

Those are Union Democrats delivering the mail
    Real Fan since 1958